No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's 17 in 25 years (admittedly Crows only). Of those you couldn't think of, we'll push that up to say 23. And Port is an SA team so say there's 17 of those. Makes 40 all up. In those 25 years, an average of about maybe 6 SA draftees go to other states.

Just off the top of my head, that's 40 out of 150 over the last 25 years. So effectively a quarter out of all draftees eventually return to SA. Not a positive sign if your son has been drafted to a Victorian club and you're hoping they'll come back home to mama and papa.
Of the 150, how many get delisted after their 2 years, never to be seen again?

Honestly, do we have to go through five pages of people flip-flopping on their opinion about whether or not Danger will stay based on the tone of his voice or whether he said "me" or "we" after every radio interview he gives?

The response was very clearly meant as "I don't want to discuss this again, next topic please," for whatever that's worth. That doesn't mean anything and to draw any kind of meaning out of it is completely absurd.

There is nothing to be gleaned from his radio interviews. He doesn't want to make/announce his decision until a later date, for whatever reason, and he's not going to let the media dictate that date to him. Maybe it's because he's already decided to leave. Maybe it's because he thinks he'll get a better deal the longer he waits. Maybe it's because he genuinely doesn't want the distraction while he's in the middle of a season. Or maybe it's just a giant middle finger to the media types that just won't leave him alone for even one day. But whatever the reason is, he's very clearly decided that he's not dealing with the situation until he's ready to do so, and any radio interviews between now and then contain no information for us to search for. None. There is nothing in the tone of his voice, or his choice of words, or the terseness of his responses. You can read whatever you like into them, but you should realise that you're just projecting your own thoughts onto his words.

Last edited:
Honestly, do we have to go through five pages of people flip-flopping on their opinion about whether or not Danger will stay based on the tone of his voice or whether he said "me" or "we" after every radio interview he gives?

The response was very clearly meant as "I don't want to discuss this again, next topic please," for whatever that's worth. That doesn't mean anything and to draw any kind of meaning out of it is completely absurd.

There is nothing to be gleaned from his radio interviews. He doesn't want to make/announce his decision until a later date, for whatever reason, and he's not going to let the media dictate that date to him. Maybe it's because he's already decided to leave. Maybe it's because he thinks he'll get a better deal the longer he waits. Maybe it's because he genuinely doesn't want the distraction while he's in the middle of a season. Or maybe it's just a giant middle finger to the media types that just won't leave him alone for even one day. But whatever the reason is, he's very clearly decided that he's not dealing with the situation until he's ready to do so, and any radio interviews between now and then contain no information for us to search for. None. There is nothing in the tone of his voice, or his choice of words, or the terseness of his responses. You can read whatever you like into them, but you should realise that you're just projecting your own thoughts onto his words.

We don't take to kiiindly to your fancy 'logic' round these parts, feller!

Best post of 2015

And just Crows-wise, off the top of my head:
Sam Jacobs
Scott Thompson
Tony hall
Trent ormond-allen
Troy bond
Clay Sampson
Tony McGuiness
Danny Hughes
Mark Mickan
Bruce lindner
Ben nelson
Scott welsh
Brett Chalmers
Matthew robran
Darren Jarman
Lewis Johnston
Ryan fitzgerald
Nathan Basset
Scott Thompson
James Begley

Personally I would like to get Aish but in saying that I wouldn't lose sleep if we didn't, I'd be more then happy to go to the draft tbh, we definitely shouldn't be selling the farm for him.
I must admit I'm liking the sound of Riley Bonner who is apparently reasonably quick and a great kick also around the 190cm mark I think, we really have to weigh up the players who will be around our pick in the draft...

Personally I would like to get Aish but in saying that I wouldn't lose sleep if we didn't, I'd be more then happy to go to the draft tbh, we definitely shouldn't be selling the farm for him.
I must admit I'm liking the sound of Riley Bonner who is apparently reasonably quick and a great kick also around the 190cm mark I think, we really have to weigh up the players who will be around our pick in the draft...
Wrong thread dude

Nathan Basset
Scott Thompson
James Begley

Was there 2 Scott Thompsons? :p

Greg Anderson
Matthew Clarke
Kym Koster
Jason Torney
Brett James
Chris Ladhams
Chris Schmidt
Michael Murphy
Bruce Abernathy

Can we count Brodie Atkinson? One year @ Saints - then played for us 6 years later

Was there 2 Scott Thompsons?

Greg Anderson
Matthew Clarke
Kym Koster
Jason Torney
Brett James
Chris Ladhams
Chris Schmidt
Michael Murphy
Bruce Abernathy

Can we count Brodie Atkinson? One year @ Saints - then played for us 6 years later
Separated at birth :)

Why do you continue to sensationalise? You have absolutely NFI what he is thinking.

I just posted this but I'll do it again for you. Dangerfield says he hasn't made up his mind now he says he doesn't even think about it. How you can't take meaning from that is the real question. You're living in denial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just posted this but I'll do it again for you. Dangerfield says he hasn't made up his mind now he says he doesn't even think about it. How you can't take meaning from that is the real question. You're living in denial.
Have to agree that what hearing from Dangerfield is contradictory and just avoiding showing any alliances to the club that gave him the chance and paid him on ability and not on performance as our highest paid player that has never won our B&F and most years not in top 5.
I personally feel that Tippett had better reasons to leave not enjoying Adelaide and spotlight on him where seems that Danger loves that and is looking for more in Victoria and grafting to get more money and tarnishing our name whilst doing so .
Crows do a deal with someone to get better value for rather than FA or matching offer.

That's just a river.

There you go! There are ****loads but I was trying to avoid thinking about it because it's depressing and makes me angry.

Bryce Gibbs is the modern equivalent, although he can now enjoy his Blue coloured coffin he's made himself lol.

I guess a lot of our young wide-eyed South Aussie footballers find it hard to turn away from the Melbourne lifestyle once it's entrenched in them. I find it hard to blame them, Melbourne is awesome, mostly. But if you grew up supporting the Crows, how could you NOT want to come back and play for them? Blows my mind.
My wife works with a source close to a young SA draftee and ribbed him about getting him back to the Crows. Says he loves it in Melbourne and has no interest in returning. I feel like this is the prevailing attitude and 'fandom' is unlikely to win back too many kids.

My wife works with a source close to a young SA draftee and ribbed him about getting him back to the Crows. Says he loves it in Melbourne and has no interest in returning. I feel like this is the prevailing attitude and 'fandom' is unlikely to win back too many kids.

It's a different lifestyle.

Heard the exact same thing from a Demon draftee from SA.

I gotta be honest, I spend a bit of time over there with family and friends and I love it. However the housing market is a bit steep so that stops us moving to see what its like to live there.

I always love coming home of course but I wouldn't mind having a look, I can see why very few come home.

The other thing apparently is that kids who are keen to play AFL actually don't grow up supporting a team like we have because they know they could end up playing for anyone

So if they're on a senior list and living in Melbourne, why would you want to change that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back