Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereComesJuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm serious guys and gals. Doesn't look like any new threads have started today. Anyways, I hear Mick has been talking to the boys this week and has them good to go for Friday night. Think Mick is due a win...

I heard somewhere that Mick Malthouse is looking to coach again...Strongly being considered to coach the Blues in 2016.

To be fair, he did take over Collingwood when they were on the bottom and rebuilt them into a consistent finals side. At Carlton he took over a recent finals side, didn't know what to do so had to send us to the bottom again so he could get his bearings for the rebuild. 3 years well spent.

Phone call tomorrow.

Trigg: Mick, Steven Trigg. You can call me Trigger. Look mate, we've never met before but we here at Carlton like your work. We need a head coach.
Malthouse: Well I recently found myself with some free time. What's your list like?
Trigg: Well, I'm sorry to say it isn't good. We're stone motherless last.
Malthouse: That's unfortunate. However, that's my forte ... putting the finishing touches on after lesser coaches leave. Okay, I'll do it. First thing I need to do is get rid of the previous coach's influence, then introduce them to my brand new game plan.
Trigg: What's that? Not a boundary line plan is it? We've been a little unsuccessful at that one.
Malthouse: No no, not at all. We move the ball down the corridor just next to the corridor that is next to the centre corridor.
Trigg: Intriguing, so pretty much down the middle?
Malthouse: Yes, but not the middle middle as in .... like where the centre square is.
Trigg: So on the periphery of the centre square?
Malthouse: Exactly ... well not exactly but pretty much. Like imagine the centre square, then another centre square outside of that ... well we move the ball outside of that square.
Trigg: Okay, as long as it isn't the boundary.
Malthouse: Haha, no. I've been doing this 30 years. I know what a boundary is Steve ... err I mean Trigger. It's like 5 metres inside the boundary. It wins flags.
Trigg: Well we like flags. When can you start?
Malthouse: Christmas. I have to do a promotional tour for my new board game.
Trigg: Oh, what's it called?
Malthouse: 'Board games' .... get it? Hahaha.
Trigg: Nice. Let's roll the dice shall we?
Malthouse: TRIGGER! Haha. We're going to get on famously.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
To be fair, he did take over Collingwood when they were on the bottom and rebuild them into a consistent finals side. At Carlton he took over a recent finals side, didn't know what to do so had to send us to the bottom again so he could get his bearings for the rebuild. 3 years well spent.

Phone call tomorrow.

Trigg: Mick, Steven Trigg. You can call me Trigger. Look mate, we've never met before but we here at Carlton like your work. We need a head coach.
Malthouse: Well I recently found myself with some free time. What's your list like?
Trigg: Well, I'm sorry to say it isn't good. We're stone motherless last.
Malthouse: That's unfortunate. However, that's my forte ... putting the finishing touches on after lesser coaches leave. Okay, I'll do it. First thing I need to do is get rid of the previous coach's influence, then introduce them to my brand new game plan.
Trigg: What's that? Not a boundary line plan is it? We've been a little unsuccessful at that one.
Malthouse: No no, not at all. We move the ball down the corridor just next to the corridor that is next to the centre corridor.
Trigg: Intriguing, so pretty much down the middle?
Malthouse: Yes, but not the middle middle as in .... like where the centre square is.
Trigg: So on the periphery of the centre square?
Malthouse: Exactly ... well not exactly but pretty much. Like imagine the centre square, then another centre square outside of that ... well we move the ball outside of that square.
Trigg: Okay, as long as it isn't the boundary.
Malthouse: Haha, no. I've been doing this 30 years. I know what a boundary is Steve ... err I mean Trigger. It's like 5 metres inside the boundary. It wins flags.
Trigg: Well we like flags. When can you start?
Malthouse: Christmas. I have to do a promotional tour for my new board game.
Trigg: Oh, what's it called?
Malthouse: 'Board games' .... get it? Hahaha.
Trigg: Nice. Let's roll the dice shall we?
Malthouse: TRIGGER! Haha. We're going to get on famously.
That is brilliant :D

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Just bumped into Denis Armfield & Troy Menzel in Ascot Vale, had a quick chat with them regarding the past 24-hrs, they knew nothing about the sacking until Malthouse spoke with them directly prior to the hierarchy giving him the news officially. Mslthouse spoke with them again after being told and wished them all the best etc.

I asked them about Malthouse the person pointing out that I have never met the man but I got the impression that he really cares about the players. Armfield said "he cares about you as a person, not just as a footballer".

I mentioned how I was down from Sydney and would miss this week's match, they said they would try and get our second win for the season.

I asked them about Malthouse the person pointing out that I have never met the man but I got the impression that he really cares about the players. Armfield said "he cares about you as a person, not just as a footballer".

See, when we were in the process of signing Mick we all thought that he wouldn't stand for the mental lapses and lack of effort that came up from time to time under Ratts.

Seems what we got was warm and fuzzy and that is not where this group was at. They needed tough love, they needed to be scared to face the wrath of their coach. They had achieved nothing so couldn't sit back and think 'how dare he'. There was no justifiable ego in the side aside from Judd and he would have enjoyed the coach putting some fear into the side.

This care as a person stuff ... what results did it achieve?

Man manager is one thing, motivator and hard taskmaster another.

I want to know ODN's coaching aspirations. A family man, great moderator, inspirational, tough when needed, access to cake (I heard), untried in the senior position, has the support of the BF Board (supposedly). Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back