Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

26 pages over on the Adelaide board about something that no one cares about and every club does. It was fun to stir the pot a bit by saying it's not right (which it isn't), but boy do those guys jump at shadows.

I doubt the Crows have done anything wrong. Nothing wrong with talking to players or their managers. All clubs would do it. All clubs have been doing the same with Aish for example.

From what I understand you are allowed to talk to players , but you are not allowed to discuss contract specifics , nor is the player allowed to give a definite answer/commitment .

Whether or not this is actually followed by clubs behind closed doors who knows but trigg has certainly outed the crows as having gone against afl rules. The question now will be about how the afl follow it up. Did trigg exaggerate at all? How do the afl prove this besides interviews with parties that have a vested interest in not getting done for this?

Pretty disappointed about Mick's sacking. That Trigg is a cancer to any club that he goes too, you guys should be thankful he ain't at your club.

Even John Elliott would make a better CEO than Trigg!

Feel free to send him back to the Adelaide Toyota Camry Crows.

I doubt the Crows have done anything wrong. Nothing wrong with talking to players or their managers. All clubs would do it. All clubs have been doing the same with Aish for example.

Would it be illegal if they agreed to terms with Betts while he was still contracted? Wouldn't it be similar to what they did with Tippet, except the player would be coming to them not leaving..

At the risk of interrupting the Carlton debate, I think Dustin Fletcher needs to be recognised for his 400th game this weekend - just the 3rd player in VFL/AFL history to reach the milestone. It's a phenomenal achievement: well done Fletch!!!

At the risk of interrupting the Carlton debate, I think Dustin Fletcher needs to be recognised for his 400th game this weekend - just the 3rd player in VFL/AFL history to reach the milestone. It's a phenomenal achievement: well done Fletch!!!
Yeah, whatever...

:D

Would it be illegal if they agreed to terms with Betts while he was still contracted? Wouldn't it be similar to what they did with Tippet, except the player would be coming to them not leaving..
No because what they did with Tippett amounted to salary cap breaches. This is nothing unless there is a smoking gun in the shape of a signed contract.

Tippett was paid/promised to be paid money outside the cap that wasnt disclosed.

Tippett was paid/promised to be paid money outside the cap that wasnt disclosed.

Yeh but part of the deal was also to send him to the club of his choice while still contracted. Which, feel free to correct the terminology, was tampering with the draft system or whatever.

"Well done Fletch, you ******* old campaigner!"

- Eddie McGuire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh but part of the deal was also to send him to the club of his choice while still contracted. Which, feel free to correct the terminology, was tampering with the draft system or whatever.
That was an incentive from his current club and therefore under the cap technically.

This is talking to a player from another club, there is no relationship for it to be a breach.

It could have been 500 if he didn't miss so many games with injury and suspension. Since his debut in Rd 2 1993 to Rd 8 2015, Essendon has played 489 home and away games and 27 finals for 516 games in total. This graphic was on Ch 7 Gameday show on Sunday.
2 - because had to play for school in 1993
20 - games suspended (from 16 convictions from 18 charges as per AFL Record season guide)
95 - games injured or omitted (probably 85-88 games are due to injuries).

Last edited:
Yep. Absolutely phenomenal effort and it isn't being recognised as much as it should be because of this Carlton shitfest. Well done Dustin. 400 games is no mean feat. :thumbsu:

If Trigg was running a chook raffle, he'd forget to buy the chook.

"Forget".

"Uh, oh, gee whizz, how did that slip my mind. Would you trade that crumby old chook for this delicious doorstop?"

gotta feel for Judd in the whole Carlton saga at the moment..

I wonder if they bothered to tell Juddy at the end of last year that they were rebuilding? not sure he would have signed on the dotted line.

sad way for a genuine AFL great to go out of the game.

absolutely it is..

sheesh man, 400 senior games in a suburban league is a massive achievement let alone within the premier competition in the country!

absolutely it is..

sheesh man, 400 senior games in a suburban league is a massive achievement let alone within the premier competition in the country!
Think about it - Kane Cornes did 15 pre seasons, but he's still 8 behind Fletcher. The guy is a freak.

Think about it - Kane Cornes did 15 pre seasons, but he's still 8 behind Fletcher. The guy is a freak.

genuine freak!

it would be interesting to know how many games he has missed through injury or suspension.

It could have been 500 if he didn't miss so many games with injury and suspension. Since his debut in Rd 2 1993 to Rd 8 2015, Essendon has played 489 home and away games and 27 finals for 516 games in total. This graphic was on Ch 7 Gameday show on Sunday.
2 - because had to play for school in 1993
20 - games suspended (from 16 convictions from 18 charges as per AFL Record seson guide)
95 - games injured or omitted, probably 85-88 games are due to injuries.

genuine freak!

it would be interesting to know how many games he has missed through injury or suspension.

All you had to do was look back one page! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back