Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry champ
Work for a living
Just for your peace of mind the bikini model passed out after her contest didn't place but survived
Want a challenge hero
Pre work out then come out for a dawn 100km ride and 2 hr brick run and see how much your pre work out helps
Silence is your stupidity
He shows references, and you challenge him to a 100km ride and 2 hour run? Whats that got to do with anything?

Thats like saying dont take pre workout, then come squat 300kg and see how you go.

Lol... this thread has suddenly become very amusing.

27587281.jpg

He shows references, and you challenge him to a 100km ride and 2 hour run? Whats that got to do with anything?

Thats like saying dont take pre workout, then come squat 300kg and see how you go.
So taking pre work out gives me magical ability to squat 300kg? Kids save your money and work hard. Short cuts are for morons

You're in a place for discussing/reviewing supplements and stimulants, you clearly think they're useless so maybe just steer clear of this thread in the future. You're not adding any value.
That's what a discussion is about
When it comes to medical studies I believe in double blind studies done by agencies non funded by any vested interests
As opposed to an advertorial in muscle magazine

A Banana and fresh Watermelon, Carrot + Pineapple juice is my favourite pre workout.

All natural and gives me the boost I need to train longer in the gym.

Banana being starchy draws water n blood away from muscle cells to aid digestion of the starches, banana better suited post not pre.

That's what a discussion is about
When it comes to medical studies I believe in double blind studies done by agencies non funded by any vested interests
As opposed to an advertorial in muscle magazine

i agree most pre work out products/ formulas are junk but there is also proven supplements that enhance performance like Caffeine , amino acids, bi-carb soda, creatine, mct oil etc...

There's a big difference between hard work & overtraining, most ironman competitions would have lower than peak hormone levels from over training & poor nutrition.

So how many wheetbix do you do every morning?

i agree most pre work out products/ formulas are junk but there is also proven supplements that enhance performance like Caffeine , amino acids, bi-carb soda, creatine, mct oil etc...

There's a big difference between hard work & overtraining, most ironman competitions would have lower than peak hormone levels from over training & poor nutrition.

Finally constructive thought
Taking anything before you start exercising assuming you are not dehydrated helps how?
That does not include topping up energy stores burnt eg over night
As for caffeine have an espresso or an endurance gel

Taking anything before you start exercising assuming you are not dehydrated helps how?

Most gym enthusiasts have a poor diet which relates to low energy hence the need for a pre workout supp to give them a boost.
Good pre workout/ exercise nutrition can set up recovery mode &/or reduce the amount of damage done during the W/O - exercise.

The key is to make sure your hydrated, electrolyte levels are adequate, glycogen & fat stores are ample pending on your activity type & out put.

I'd say a strong coffee is your best bang for buck, also apple cider vinegar , bi- carb soda & creatine.
The money people spend on all the other jargon they could do a cycle of the real stuff!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lold at endurance gel

Most gym enthusiasts have a poor diet which relates to low energy hence the need for a pre workout supp to give them a boost.
Good pre workout/ exercise nutrition can set up recovery mode &/or reduce the amount of damage done during the W/O - exercise.

The key is to make sure your hydrated, electrolyte levels are adequate, glycogen & fat stores are ample pending on your activity type & out put.

I'd say a strong coffee is your best bang for buck, also apple cider vinegar , bi- carb soda & creatine.
The money people spend on all the other jargon they could do a cycle of the real stuff!

I got some defcon free with a protein purchase. I use it very sparingly. Mostly for max effort days for deads and squats which is only once very 4 weeks. Or if I'm feeling really flat. It works very well but the crash after sucks. Mind you it will probably go off or turn solid before I get anywhere near finishing the tub.

I got some defcon free with a protein purchase. I use it very sparingly. Mostly for max effort days for deads and squats which is only once very 4 weeks. Or if I'm feeling really flat. It works very well but the crash after sucks. Mind you it will probably go off or turn solid before I get anywhere near finishing the tub.

Turning solid is a good sign, it can mean the product is full of anti-caking agents like sand.
Most pre-w/o supplements are a concoction of chemicals , high caffeine & traces of hyped up ingredients.

Adding fat to it will prevent the crash, mct oil or even a nut oil.

I eat nutrigran, it's Ironman food......right...? (Insert sarcastic smiley face here)

Fortunately they helpfully tell you which ones.

"Proprietary blend" on the label is a huge give away + anything dextrose based (i.e it's mostly caffeine & simple sugar and SFA anything else)

I'll never forget the old mesomorph. That stuff just had me going and was easily the difference between an extra few reps or kilos on my squats.

Fortunately I stopped taking it, no doubt it was slowly frying my brain/adrenal glands.
Careful the amoeba will get grumpy

BN planning to release a line of Beef Protein Powder.. apparently derived from flesh, skin and bones of the cow.

Never even knew this was a thing! Anyone had it before? Cant imagine the taste!
Is it supposed to be better than WPI/WPC?

BN planning to release a line of Beef Protein Powder.. apparently derived from flesh, skin and bones of the cow.

Never even knew this was a thing! Anyone had it before? Cant imagine the taste!
Is it supposed to be better than WPI/WPC?

I think this is a similar product that has just been released in the previous months.

http://musclemedsrx.com/products/carnivor

I will give the bulk nutrients version a go once it is available, that's the best way to see if something works or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back