Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to me personally, did get my nose out of joint the way he started his first few career posts though. Your right, I don't post much, I do however enjoy reading the forum until someone is relentlessly degraded by disguised authors.

Fair enough next year. That said, we are all disguised to a degree, including you, except maybe ringo as most of us know who he is.

The Ky boys are looking pretty awesome though and I suspect you and Turbs support the same GVFL team!

Cheers mate

Has the GV team been announced , would be interesting to see how it lines up .
I imagine 8 Benalla blokes, 5 Kyabram blokes plus 8 others including ONE Rochy bloke = Stroobants. Is it unusual to be 6-0 on top of the ladder with ONE bloke in the interleague squad?? Not the actual side .... but the squad!

I imagine 8 Benalla blokes, 5 Kyabram blokes plus 8 others including ONE Rochy bloke = Stroobants. Is it unusual to be 6-0 on top of the ladder with ONE bloke in the interleague squad?? Not the actual side .... but the squad!

Surely if Rochester are travelling that nicely there would be more players capable of playing interleague. I find it as a bit of a joke Silver Tongue.

Has the GV team been announced , would be interesting to see how it lines up .

Goulburn Valley

B: Jake Pallpratt - Hugh Robertson - Andrew Riordan
HB: Nick Gray - Tim Looby - Sam Martyn
C: Tom Sheldon - Will Martiniello - Steven Stroobants
HF: Nathan Gilliland - Nick Warnock - Justin Sherman
F: Brett Meredith - Justin Maddern - Daniel Willis
R: Ash Holland - Jamason Daniels - Quade Johnstone
INT: Adam Boshevski - Jason Cole - Luke Morris - Matt O'Keefe - Liam Ogden
EMERG: Josh Marchbank

Geelong

B: Tristan Battaglia - Jeremy Larcombe - Robert Condy
HB: Jye Cross - Matthew Hebbard - Dane McFarlane
C: Daniel Lovick - Jason Davenport - Daniel Measures
HF: Kane Leersen - Jordan Erskine - Guy O'Keefe
F: Brandon Howarth - Jacob McGuane - Jai Thompson
R: Ryan Abbott - Alex Hickey - James Linton
INT: Tom Atkins - Jackson Davis - Darcy Fort - Ryan Monaghan - Andrew Richardson
EMERG: Kevin Bourke

Not sure if that emergency or substitute.

Am I reading correctly that Shermo is playing interleague? Wouldn't think he would be interested in playing rep footy.. Bit strange to me.

I probably know of 2 reasons why he would play, but don't want to offend some people like Next Year.. Oh I might as well say it..

1- he is getting paid to play, "but he probably doesn't need the money"
2- he wants to meet some opposition players and get there numbers and contact them about playing at KY next year..

I think these games should be restricted to players under 25 so AFL/VFL scouts can see players and it makes it an even playing field..any thoughts??

Am I reading correctly that Shermo is playing interleague? Wouldn't think he would be interested in playing rep footy.. Bit strange to me.

I probably know of 2 reasons why he would play, but don't want to offend some people like Next Year.. Oh I might as well say it..

1- he is getting paid to play, "but he probably doesn't need the money"
2- he wants to meet some opposition players and get there numbers and contact them about playing at KY next year..

I think these games should be restricted to players under 25 so AFL/VFL scouts can see players and it makes it an even playing field..any thoughts??

U25s..No..its a Rep comp, not a recruit audition comp
afl scouts have seen and judged already

Who cares why shermo is playing, just as long as he is..

Geel 12.30 (102) to GVFL 9.13 (67) in interleague game today - don't know the conditions, but assume it may have been windy or difficult to score - kicking 30 points is a lot of misses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geel 12.30 (102) to GVFL 9.13 (67) in interleague game today - don't know the conditions, but assume it may have been windy or difficult to score - kicking 30 points is a lot of misses.

They hit the post about five times. That score is probably reflective of the game. Geelong dominated the first term and were too quick and skilful, but they led by just two goals at quarter time. Geelong dominated the first half of the second term as well, but kicked behind after behind until the GV kicked six goals in a row. Geelong kicked four goals to none in the third and then went on with it from there.

They hit the post about five times. That score is probably reflective of the game. Geelong dominated the first term and were too quick and skilful, but they led by just two goals at quarter time. Geelong dominated the first half of the second term as well, but kicked behind after behind until the GV kicked six goals in a row. Geelong kicked four goals to none in the third and then went on with it from there.

That is a fair flogging in any language! Thankfully they managed 30 behinds from 42 scoring shots on goal!! Oh well, back to the real stuff!!

That is a fair flogging in any language! Thankfully they managed 30 behinds from 42 scoring shots on goal!! Oh well, back to the real stuff!!
Interleague though honestly, what's the point? Waste of time and money really, especially if you're not going to play the kids.

Interleague though honestly, what's the point? Waste of time and money really, especially if you're not going to play the kids.
Make Interleague under 25's or even under 23's , therefore providing the opportunity for players where there is wish and also a chance of them furthering there football within state or afl comps ..

I like the open age aspect of interleague. Why should someone who is 27 and played five straight years and been committed to the league be locked out of the team?

I suspect that most leagues have a solid core that front up every year, some that play once or twice just to put it on their resume and get a free jumper, new league recruits that play just for a laugh and youngsters that play for the experience.

The ranking is a good concept and it actually has some meaning, but it's probably just for the league administrations more than anything, bragging rights etc.

Hard to judge the crowd off the internet as the camera was on the grandstand side. Any idea what it was?

Fair to say from the results that those leagues closer to melbourne as in geelong and mornington are becoming stronger, whilst the gv and o&m are dropping off. Should geelong and mornington be playing in the metro comp? Would the gv prefer to play the o&m instead of ballarat again?

Geelong will only get stronger its virtually a suburb of Melb these days , lots of players that are on Geelongs VFL list , they lost 3 players to the VFL the day before the game that shows the depth they have , would like to see the GV play the O &M a bit more , would be a bit more interest with the close proximity of the leagues .

Geelong will only get stronger its virtually a suburb of Melb these days , lots of players that are on Geelongs VFL list , they lost 3 players to the VFL the day before the game that shows the depth they have , would like to see the GV play the O &M a bit more , would be a bit more interest with the close proximity of the leagues .
GV should play the OM in March similar to what the Metro do any thoughts

Why on earth does the GVFL insist on playing Sunday games? It would be bad enough for players to give up their weekends during finals let alone during the home and away season. All games should be played on Saturday so players can still enjoy part of their weekend. Is this a regular thing in this league?

Why on earth does the GVFL insist on playing Sunday games? It would be bad enough for players to give up their weekends during finals let alone during the home and away season. All games should be played on Saturday so players can still enjoy part of their weekend. Is this a regular thing in this league?

There's only one this year I think. They used to have three or four the past few years, but I think night games have replaced them.

My local league over here, the Peel league and the one down the road, the South West, plays 90% of its games on a Sunday. I've never understood why. The pubs are empty Saturday nights.

Good point as I've noticed this as well. Not good for enticing Melb boys up. Even night games are not enticing but maybe 1 a year is acceptable for big games..

Good point as I've noticed this as well. Not good for enticing Melb boys up. Even night games are not enticing but maybe 1 a year is acceptable for big games..
As a general rule blokes coming up from melbourne = $$$$$$ for them. Giving up a few sundays or saturday nights is all part of it. Playing football in front of a good size crowd under lights or in a local derby on a sunday is what football is all about!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back