Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

N
Is he playing for North Ballarat? Poor bloke wont get a sniff of it across half forward in that rubbish team :(
o harm. Playing in the NB forward line would be the equivalent of playing half a game. About right for Garner after his layoff

So how does this work,

Taylor gets a run for a few weeks to get some fitness and form.

Gets right.

And then doesn't get selected because Wellsy and NDS are back?

Really rate Garner, from his days at the Stingrays. Provides a bit of an X Factor, isn't exactly a small forward but has the speed and pretty strong above his head. Hope he can have a good run at it and push for the Seniors in a month or so time

So Taylor is eyeing the Nahas/Turner role right? The spot that Harper lost, or the spot that lost Harper depending how you see it.

Here's hoping he has an injury free run, finds form quickly in the VFL and can come into the senior side and make an impact.

Although I wouldn't say we're in dire need of another SF, I'll take anything that gives this team a kick up the arse at the moment.

Not the cleanest player in the world though.
this bloke is tidier than most on our list.
Sesame-street-oscar-peel-and-stick-giantwall-decal-900x900.jpg

So Taylor is eyeing the Nahas/Turner role right? The spot that Harper lost, or the spot that lost Harper depending how you see it.

Here's hoping he has an injury free run, finds form quickly in the VFL and can come into the senior side and make an impact.

Although I wouldn't say we're in dire need of another SF, I'll take anything that gives this team a kick up the arse at the moment.

Garner is a hard one. He is like all the players mentioned but different at the same time.

Closest to Nahas IMO. Bash and tackle half forward with an awesome bag of tricks and a massive set of nuts to attack a contest (like Turner). From memory is also a terrific overhead mark/leading small half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at the last game in 2013 v Collingwood I think. Did half a dozen exceptional things. Showed real ability. Should have kicked one at least.

Except set shot ability.

That effort was abysmal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back