Preview Changes Vs Cats Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a few underestimate his impact.

I have always had a thing about Hitouts to Advantage. I believe that they should be counted as disposals as I can't see them as any different to a handball out of a stopage.

Against Saints he had 15 hitouts to advantage, couple that with his 14 disposals and you could say he had a 30 possession game. Massive impact.
what happened to the GWS train when mummy was cut out?

Dont think Hutch will be fit. Wasn't in the training photos and was at the nephews school doing a coaching clinic.

That doesnt bode well for maginness , really thought he was on the up and up

Why? Has talent and will be retained for 2016. Gets a single year to make his case for the senior list, if that isn't a perfect storm then i don't know what is.

If Newman shows form enough late this year and comes onto the senior list for 2016, then Maginness will have less problems getting elevated. Especially if Newman is able to force Hill out of our best 25 and into retirement.

B: Butler - McGovern - Wellingham
HB: Hurn - Schofield - Sheppard
C: Gaff - Priddis - Masten
HF: LeCras - McInnes - Duggan
F: Cripps - Kennedy - Hill

R: Naitanui - Selwood - Shuey

Int: Sinclair - Nelson - Colledge
Sub: Waterman

Out: Yeo - Bennell
In: Colledge - Waterman

B: Butler - McGovern - Wellingham
HB: Hurn - Schofield - Sheppard
C: Gaff - Priddis - Masten
HF: LeCras - McInnes - Duggan
F: Cripps - Kennedy - Hill

R: Naitanui - Selwood - Shuey

Int: Sinclair - Nelson - Colledge
Sub: Waterman

Out: Yeo - Bennell
In: Colledge - Waterman

I like those changes alot. College can play mid and forward and would be good to give Waterman a go. Would he be ready even as sub? Thought we played 1 to many defenders last week so bringing in 2 mids i like it.

I like those changes alot. College can play mid and forward and would be good to give Waterman a go. Would he be ready even as sub? Thought we played 1 to many defenders last week so bringing in 2 mids i like it.

Well a sub is there for a quarter and a bit. If it's endurance that's the issue for him then he should be ok. Especially if the contest is hard and close fought.

Waterman can't even run out a full game in the WAFL yet.

I like Barrass and Ellis in for Bennell & Nelson to combat the Cats' tall forwards (Hawkins, Stanley, Clark). Has been playing consistently well in the WAFL and if the MC think he's ready, I think now is the time. Plus, Bennell/Nelson are surplus to our defensive needs - small defenders. We already have Wellers, Shepp, Butler, Nelson on the ground every week.

Ellis comes in cos he is best 22 over the other two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waterman can't even run out a full game in the WAFL yet.

I like Barrass and Ellis in for Bennell & Nelson to combat the Cats' tall forwards (Hawkins, Stanley, Clark). Has been playing consistently well in the WAFL and if the MC think he's ready, I think now is the time. Plus, Bennell/Nelson are surplus to our defensive needs - small defenders. We already have Wellers, Shepp, Butler, Nelson on the ground every week.

Ellis comes in cos he is best 22 over the other two.
And who comes in for yeo?

Don't think Waterman is ready, Mcginnity is fine as long as we have a good match up for him.
You make a compelling argument and I agree if we have a good match for him he should be selected

Any mums will be in the grandstand though so he can watch the game from there

And who comes in for yeo?

Woops, forgot all about our golden boy. In that case;

Bennell > Barrass
Nelson > Ellis
Yeo > Hutchings (if available, if not McGinnity)

I agree with above sentiments, I don't see any other mids being ready. Lucas would be my first pick of the rest as he's played before, but I don't want his first game this year to be against a hungry Geelong.

Woops, forgot all about our golden boy. In that case;

Bennell > Barrass
Nelson > Ellis
Yeo > Hutchings (if available, if not McGinnity)

I agree with above sentiments, I don't see any other mids being ready. Lucas would be my first pick of the rest as he's played before, but I don't want his first game this year to be against a hungry Geelong.
3 very defensive players there. Goes against how weve been playing all season

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back