Toast Elimination Final 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid
I feel this was the day that destroyed Carltank in the short - mid term. This was the day that they made finals on the back of the essendrugs scandal and came up against a Tigers team that literally choked on the big stage. Carltank won, almost beat the swans in the semi and then sat back and patted themselves on the back, and stroked themselves silly for 6 months.
Come round 8 2015, they are dead last, and are coachless, while the Tigers are looking at a 3rd finals series in a row.

I like to think that we single handedly destroyed Carlton. And it feels great.

Saw the thread and thought .. why the F is there a 'toast' prefix next to Elimination Final 2013??

Anyway.. nice way to 'look on the bright side' on a dark day OP.

Could be true. Who really knows what causes these effects?

Shaun Hampson left them at the same time. Could be that drop in contested falcons that meant the mid-field was just lacking a bit of unpredictability.

Personally, I'd like to give a bit of attribution to MacIntosh. In the first 5 minutes of his debut, while laying on the ground, he effectively pulled the arm that was Carlton's season out of it's socket. He then proceeded to make Judd look so old and slow that every flog in the AFL now reckons they're a chance to tackle him to the ground. Murphy isn't going to win his own footy, and Gibbs has had a hair appointment for the first 8 rounds of 2015, so in his first game, MacIntosh rendered Carlton's midfield unable to win a contested possession.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back