Analysis Adam Goodes - the gentle art of making enemies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Robbo had a bad day at work with the onslaught of unhappy Hawks supporters. Then he continues to ask Michael Long about the booing. Robbo is as dumb as he looks.

I reckon Robbo was forced to apologise by Foxtel lawyers. I watched the first part where he says he's had a bad day, a second time and he clearly doesn't want to say something but knows he must and finishes with a very quiet and insincere "sorry kids". Hence the bad day.

I reckon Robbo was forced to apologise by Foxtel lawyers. I watched the first part where he says he's had a bad day, a second time and he clearly doesn't want to say something but knows he must and finishes with a very quiet and insincere "sorry kids". Hence the bad day.

apologise for what?

Meh. People say this booing started in 2013, the year of the Collingwood girl incident. It's also the year of the Gibbo sliding incident (made worse that he was let off), and that we grasped defeat from the jaws of victory against the Swans in last year's GF. But nah, it's all to do with race.

Footy media prime time involves Robinson and Davd King.. How good is fox footy? It's embarassing when Ch7s dads army are 10x better! Fox footy needs a make over... Absolute cretins on the screen every night.

I was there Saturday night and did not boo Goodes. However I don't like him as a footballer. He is a snipper and then looks like he has been shot when touched by an opposition player. The 2012 GF he could have broken both of Cyril's legs when he did his usual sliding in with the legs first. The only thing that saved Cyril was his great agility and awareness.

Absolute disgrace to suggest that he is booed for his Aboriginal heritage! He is disliked because of his actions on the field. What makes him looks stupid is that he knows in his own mind the tactics he has used in the past but seems to forget that opposition supporters have not!

When Lewy or Lake get booed they smile and cop it as they know they have done some things in the past to warrant it. However Goodes is too precious can't have a go at Goodsey no matter what he has done in the past!

I was there Saturday night and did not boo Goodes. However I don't like him as a footballer. He is a snipper and then looks like he has been shot when touched by an opposition player. The 2012 GF he could have broken both of Cyril's legs when he did his usual sliding in with the legs first. The only thing that saved Cyril was his great agility and awareness.

Absolute disgrace to suggest that he is booed for his Aboriginal heritage! He is disliked because of his actions on the field. What makes him looks stupid is that he knows in his own mind the tactics he has used in the past but seems to forget that opposition supporters have not!

When Lewy or Lake get booed they smile and cop it as they know they have done some things in the past to warrant it. However Goodes is too precious can't have a go at Goodsey no matter what he has done in the past!

Exactly. At least Bartel eventually was able to take the piss out of himself and rock up to Mad Monday as a diving instructor.

Hey, mate, you're a Swan supporter, so we don't want your opinion.
Perhaps you're just trolling

Why don't you go back to your own site.
How does someone work out that 95% of Hawk supporters were booing? some of the crap people write. Somebody else said that you could tell by the "type of booing" that it was racist.....the logic is amazing

I am not a boo-er and like many others I can perplexed by the boo-ing of Adam Goodes.
More particularly I am surprised at the venom that is in the booing of Adam Goodes.
To me it is a different type of boo-ing to that which is done to Watson and Buddy.
I actually think the longer time goes on the more boo-ing of Adam Goodes there is. I would think that as time goes on it would tail off but each year it gets stronger.
Most opposition supporter hate Hawthorn because we win a lot. We are now giving them another reason to hate us. The Hawthorn haters will spread the thought that we are racists because it suits them.
Why are we giving the Hawthorn haters ammunition to call us racists?
it may surprise you that we are not the only supporters who don't have a high opinion of Adam Goodes....its universal

How does someone work out that 95% of Hawk supporters were booing? some of the crap people write. Somebody else said that you could tell by the "type of booing" that it was racist.....the logic is amazing
almost as good as "i don't think it was racially motivated but there were definitely some racial undertones"

* off....

apologise for what?

For being an insult to our eye-sight, our ears, our common-sense, our intelligence & last, but by no means least....To basic standards of public decency.

Sorry Couchy....I'd back you on most issues, but not this one....Goodes & the mediya are way out of line on this one.

I sent a boo Goodes' way at a game last year when he first got a touch and left it at that. I don't think the AFL has done him a long term favour letting him get away with questionable tactics on the field over the last few years.

It has left supporters with a view that he is a protected sniper. This is reinforced in people's minds by the fact he plays for Sydney which is associated with COLA, handouts,concessions, rigged draws, "insufficient force" or "accidental/unavoidable contact" whenever one of their players whacks someone, and perhaps most galling of all a view that Sydney MUST be successful for the good of the competition.

The extension of that is Goodes has become the embodiment of AFL House on the playing arena.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For people saying it is to do with race, here are all the indigenous players we don't boo:
Eddit Betts
Anthony Wilson
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen
Charlie Cameron
Allen Christensen
Josh McGuinness
Liam Jones
Andrew Walker
Chris Yarran
Clem Smith
Tony Armstrong
Travis Varcoe
Jake Long
Courtenay Dempsey
Shaun Edwards
Jonathon Griffin
Stephen Hill
Michael Johnson
Alex Pearce
Danyle Pearce
Michael Walters
Bradley Hartman
Steven Motlop
Mathew Stokes
Zachary Bates
Nakia Cockatoo
Harley Bennell
Jarrod Harbrow
Sean Lemmons
Jack Martin
Brandon Matera
Steven May
Jarrod Garlett
Paul Ahern
Curtly Hampton
Zach Williams
Nathan Wilson
Jeremy Finlayson
Jarrod Pickett
Jermaine Mark-Miller-Lewis
Jed Anderson
Shaun Burgoyne
Bradley Hill
Cyril Rioli
Jeffrey Garlett
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Neville Jetta
Lindsay Thomas
Daniel Wells
Patrick Ryder
Brendon Ah Chee
Karl Amon
Jarman Impey
Jake Neade
Nathan Krakouer
Chad Wingard
Shane Edwards
Nathan Drummond
Lewis Jetta
Abaina Davis
Jamie Bennell
Josh Hill
Malcolm Karpany
Sharrod Wellingham
Murray Newman
Brett Goodes
Koby Stevens
Joel Hamling
Also, I've only noticed the booing since 2014, did Hawk supporters suddenly decide they were racist?

The only thing that saved Cyril was his great agility and awareness.

pU6FBV

For being an insult to our eye-sight, our ears, our common-sense, our intelligence & last, but by no means least....To basic standards of public decency.

Sorry Couchy....I'd back you on most issues, but not this one....Goodes & the mediya are way out of line on this one.
IF you working in Marketing trying to sell the virtues of a product or service and everyone misinterpreted your message and thought your product was poisonous who is at fault? I can tell you now, if I am the ceo of the company I am not going to say, 'oh not problem, everyone else is wrong'. I am going to fire you without notice. That is what you need to appreciate. The audience is never 'wrong' or 'out of line' because the failure lies with the person trying to deliver the message. Boooing isn't saying anything to the wider community than some Hawk fans hate Goodes and without any reasonable reason, they are going to see it as racist. Given plenty of Hawks fans disagree with the booing, how do you honestly expect non-hawks fans and media people to react?

Last edited:
I would like Foxtel subscribers, (Hawthorn) to send a Twitter, or emails etc to them, showing our disdain toward Robinson, obviously the weasel despises the HFC, and it's time to get rid of him! If they get enough from us, they might, just might think about replacing him. I guess the only problem is there are no unbiased journo muppets capable of it. Let them know we are upset about untrue accusations from him, and that we are NOT racists. They should demand that Robinson apologise to Hawthorn members/subscribers for what he continually carries on about it, and he should get his FACTS right.
Just SHUT UP you Muppet journos .Put them all in a big cage , and they can waffle in there together. At least we would have peace..Maybe I could use Caro Whingers arrow to get rid of them..------->------->------->-------->. Wow, I am a sharp shooter, got rid of them all...hehehe...:p

Last edited:
IF you working in Marketing trying to sell the virtues of a product or service and everyone misinterpreted your message and thought your product was poisonous who is at fault? I can tell you now, if I am the ceo of the company I am not going to say, 'oh not problem, everyone else is wrong'. I am going to fire you without notice. That is what you need to appreciate. The audience is never 'wrong' or 'out of line' because the failure lies with the person trying to deliver the message. Boooing isn't saying anything to the wider community than some Hawk fans hate Goodes and without any reasonable reason, they are going to see it as racist. Given plenty of Hawks fans disagree with the booing, how do you honestly expect non-hawks fans and media people to react?

I've read all your posts - your a realist and I get where you're coming from. It's one of those things where you're taught to be the bigger man and walk away, but there's a big part of me that can't get past being wrongfully accused.

I've read all your posts - your a realist and I get where you're coming from. It's one of those things where you're taught to be the bigger man and walk away, but there's a big part of me that can't get past being wrongfully accused.

So you feel a little like this

One player said: "Like us Indigenous boys, we barely go out that much and if we do, we might have a beer, or have a beer with ourselves because … we don't want to be getting stereotyped. We're the ones doing this and the ones stuffing up. We're actually here on time, we're doing all the right things that everyone else is doing. But we slip up once, we're the ones that are judged on it. No one else is."

Well said Hawkinspired. I respect, Brishawk and read his posts, but I have to say, on this I have slightly different views.

Perception is reality. Too true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back