Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

6180.zoom.a.jpg

Cant run til 6 tonight struggling to make myself go

Yeah I'll be after 7 tonight when I head out. Got to do the home stuff, feed the kids, dishes, daughter to bed etc.... Don't like to just come home and then head straight back out the door for a run more than once a week.

Did a 10km run with a lot of hard running last night. Legs were fairly heavy at the end. Reckon I'll just plod around for 30 minutes fairly cruisily tonight.

Yeah I'll be after 7 tonight when I head out. Got to do the home stuff, feed the kids, dishes, daughter to bed etc.... Don't like to just come home and then head straight back out the door for a run more than once a week.

Did a 10km run with a lot of hard running last night. Legs were fairly heavy at the end. Reckon I'll just plod around for 30 minutes fairly cruisily tonight.

Yeah i got the kids now, have thursdays off with youngest just got other from school, but once wife is home ill head out, hopefully not too cold, wanted to do at least 7 might push a decent pace (well decent for me)

New parkrun course this week to look forward too

Launnie ten in 4 weeks

Whens your next race

Heading out for another parkrun tomorrow morning. Not expecting to beat last week's time. The legs are feeling pretty heavy right now.

I'll try and go under 4.00 for at least 1 km again and hold steady for the rest and see where I end up.

just punched out a slow 8k at lunch legs are heavy but i deliberately went slow in case i do park run tomorrow, though may sleep in

Sunday i want to punch out a 10-12k

Very similar plan actually. Haven't put a number on Sunday's run but usually reserve it for a longer run. Probably run 70-80 minutes so anywhere between 13-15 kms I guess.

Very similar plan actually. Haven't put a number on Sunday's run but usually reserve it for a longer run. Probably run 70-80 minutes so anywhere between 13-15 kms I guess.

if saturday nights game goes like last time we met i might smash out 15-20k at half time to get away from it :p

if saturday nights game goes like last time we met i might smash out 15-20k at half time to get away from it :p

Yeah we're both in danger of a Saturday night meltdown, haha.

I live about 90 minutes from town so might drive in. That way if we get done, I'll have to stay sober to drive home.

Hey

I completely forgot about this thread until I went for a run last week! It was my first run (3.5km) in 5 months.

Backed it up with another run (4km) yesterday. Hopefully will build up to longer distances over the next couple of months!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Wetdog

Hey

I completely forgot about this thread until I went for a run last week! It was my first run (3.5km) in 5 months.

Backed it up with another run (4km) yesterday. Hopefully will build up to longer distances over the next couple of months!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Wetdog

Should join the bigfooty group on strava if your on there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just joined the Strava group. Never used it before.
Downloaded a couple of runs from this week. Also added my 1st 21km Geelong event data. Really interesting to look at the race info. Splits almost identical all the way through.

Last edited:
Just joined the Strava group. Never used it. I use a TomTom gps watch to log my runs. Any idea how to transfer my runs over?

I have a garmin watch and have linked my garmin and strava accounts. As soon as my run gets logged on garmin it automatically gets picked up by strava. Not sure if you can do something similar but worth checking it out. Otherwise you can usually export the file from one platform and upload it in to another like strava.

Cheers Miner. Yep, googled it. Settings, add account etc. All new to me. Been a poor month running wise. Been a bit sore, and haven't logged many kms at all. Disappointed to miss tomorrows Run The Gap in the Grampians due to family stuff. -2 here this morning. Might need to buy some gloves!

Happy to say I pulled up pretty well after a heavy weekend.

Managed the 5km parkrun Saturday morning, although with heavy legs so couldn't replicate the previous week's pace.

Followed up with 23km Sunday morning. Felt like I should have dragged Breust, Gunston, Stratton, Suckling and a few others around with me. Talk about throwing away a game you had all but won...... anyway congrats Sir Swans ....but anyway, back to the run :D. Pulled up pretty well as I said but had certainly had enough by the finish. The thought of extending that out to 42km boggles the mind.

Happy to say I pulled up pretty well after a heavy weekend.

Managed the 5km parkrun Saturday morning, although with heavy legs so couldn't replicate the previous week's pace.

Followed up with 23km Sunday morning. Felt like I should have dragged Breust, Gunston, Stratton, Suckling and a few others around with me. Talk about throwing away a game you had all but won...... anyway congrats Sir Swans ....but anyway, back to the run :D. Pulled up pretty well as I said but had certainly had enough by the finish. The thought of extending that out to 42km boggles the mind.

Just make sure you run more than 30 twice i reckon before a marathon, no need to go more than 35

What's giving you problems?

Got ITB issues. Really struggling to shake it off this time....last time I had it on my other knee, i was out for about a month...it's been since late March this time. Everytime I feel confident enough to try again, I get about 3k in and i'm back to square one. Really frustrating!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back