QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

be an interesting 5 weeks before the june 30 cut off one would imagine in all leagues!

discussion about reserves is a very real issue - the continual emergence of suburban clubs is a real challenge - not sure how to address it - have seen models like the neafl model where you have a list of 35 and then those who don't get picked in seniors go to a feeder type club arrangement in tassie fail as "feeder club" players then get the sh*ts when a handful of players come back and are straight into the seniors and there then is a trickle down effect. Robina have found the last couple of years you start with 70+ guys who want a game so you put a thirds together so no one misses out and by round 8 you are calling in mates of mates for a bus trip at 4.30 on a Friday to Byron to fill numbers. Fine line for all clubs wanting to keep blokes and reward guys with a game but then not putting yourself in a position where it costs you a grand if you forfeit.

I think its great that clubs like Bond and Cararra have been able to grow reasonably organically without much whisper of any coin being thrown around - goes to show that if you create a good culture then decent blokes and results will follow.

At the risk of sounding like a pensioner, just comes down to an entitlement mentality among young blokes BOC - not all, but a significant chunk expect to come straight out of 18s and play senior footy, and see reserves footy as a waste of time

Was different in my day :D

At the risk of sounding like a pensioner, just comes down to an entitlement mentality among young blokes BOC - not all, but a significant chunk expect to come straight out of 18s and play senior footy, and see reserves footy as a waste of time

Was different in my day :D
you and me both mate - I remember back in tassie playing 18's at 9am and sticking around till after then seniors, getting smuggled into nightclubs with fake ids and watching blokes jag chicks whilst spending their club sponsored drink cards! ah the good old days - actually that still happens at robina come to think of it with shooters!!

obviously a lot more difficult for clubs with juniors to retain them given competing interests these days - as has been mentioned before if clubs like pbc, broady, southport etc with all of there pathways and development resources struggle to keep kids what hope have regional clubs got!

Well I guess that comment has scarpered any hope of a reconcilliation? You guys eat your own, sad.
There are certain reserve player's that have been pushing for a senior spot all year. Training on a weekly basis, and playing good footy. The spot was filled faster than it was vacant. We don't eat our own but reward player's that deserve to play senior footy!

There are certain reserve player's that have been pushing for a senior spot all year. Training on a weekly basis, and playing good footy. The spot was filled faster than it was vacant. We don't eat our own but reward player's that deserve to play senior footy!
So you had 5 ins. But it looks like Hayes Souter and lal have played next to no reserves so I would say those three back from injury and Armagos and lemescam are the twos players getting a shot?

So you had 5 ins. But it looks like Hayes Souter and lal have played next to no reserves so I would say those three back from injury and Armagos and lemescam are the twos players getting a shot?
they are the 2 that got a call up last week. Le Mescam got some votes also in that game and armagos played really well. There are at least another 4-5 players that may be looked at in the next coming weeks.

Who said anything about buying players....money goes to infrastructure....good culture attracts players and good coaching wins games
Thanks for the recipe to success. Good culture also makes for fantastic cheese and yoghurt, but that's probably not relevant.

My old mate Blocker ...... it shocks me that people would accuse you of having a crack at the umpiring :) I am a bit nervous that I will cop the "wrath of Blocker" at some stage this year as I have seen it first hand when playing with and being coached by you how passionate you get for your team.

As for our "female umpire" not being up to standard I will have to disagree. She is very experienced and has umpired grand finals in the past few years and like the rest of us goes out to do her best every week. Sure I didn't see the game ( I was umpiring Kenmore who had a 240 point win) but I would suggest she was doing her best and if she made a mistake or 2 (and who doesn't make mistakes every week players, coaches and umpires) she shouldn't be hung out to dry. In the end if you don't whinge and whine about decisions we won't have these situations
Morro when you said I coached and played with you was that at Yeronga mate? That's going back a few years if it is?

Yep, Souter has been back in, and Hayes been playing a few good senior games throughout the season. Lal possibly out due to injury. As for the 2 player's coming up, not sure as there are a few players putting pressure on the selection committee.

Hey Blocker ........ Yes at Yeronga when you and Nifty Neville Shaw were there......... and yes many moons ago ........ surely you couldn't forget.
Surely you must be in twilight of your career Moro? How long you been at Chooks? Good to see there is a real challenger in Bond now as it looked like it might have been a one horse race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you must be in twilight of your career Moro? How long you been at Chooks? Good to see there is a real challenger in Bond now as it looked like it might have been a one horse race.

Blocker as Frazer said you have your Moro's mixed up. Moro (with 1 R and a silent N on the end) is me who played with you at the Devils and have been umpiring for 12 years. Morro (2 R's) is the one at the chooks (although Morro likes to umpire as well as play from time to time :)) No offence of course Morro.

Frazer very kind word (champion) but most people would say a chump ...... thanks to my umpiring abilities

Blocker as Frazer said you have your Moro's mixed up. Moro (with 1 R and a silent N on the end) is me who played with you at the Devils and have been umpiring for 12 years. Morro (2 R's) is the one at the chooks (although Morro likes to umpire as well as play from time to time :)) No offence of course Morro.

Frazer very kind word (champion) but most people would say a chump ...... thanks to my umpiring abilities

No offence taken mate.

I only help as more often than not, you guys need it :p

No offence taken mate.

I only help as more often than not, you guys need it :p

You're not wrong there ......... especially me ....... need all the help I can get and I still get it wrong. I'm not sure who should be more upset that blocker got us mixed up. :D

Must be the first Sunday game for the chooks in a while??????

You're not wrong there ......... especially me ....... need all the help I can get and I still get it wrong. I'm not sure who should be more upset that blocker got us mixed up. :D

Yeah it is, wouldnt want too many of those I can tell ya.

Have we got you this Sunday moro?

Have we got you this Sunday moro?

Fortunately (for you blokes) NO you don't ...... (Zak will be happy about that :)) I am umpiring Friday night and Saturday and "on call" for the 2's on Sunday so you may see me at the chook pen having a beer as I am keen to see the umpires in the main game

Tips for this week?

Beenleigh vs. Victoria Point
Bond University
vs. Wynnum
Southeast Suns vs. Pine Rivers
Redcliffe vs. Carrara
Griffith Moorooka
vs. Ipswich

Bond game to be a close one, Griffith to bounce back very strongly and Redcliffe vs. Carrara to go either way in a close one.

BYE: Park Ridge

Morro - which fluro wheels are you rocking these days? I've been called out of retirement again to help out our boys and with the fluro blue asics ending up on the kings changeroom roof after the gf I need to know what the cool kids are wearing these days.

KP you couldn't hit the side of a barn with your foot skills in 2010 - what's been the secret to you becoming the Josh Bruce of QAFA A?

Morro - which fluro wheels are you rocking these days? I've been called out of retirement again to help out our boys and with the fluro blue asics ending up on the kings changeroom roof after the gf I need to know what the cool kids are wearing these days.

KP you couldn't hit the side of a barn with your foot skills in 2010 - what's been the secret to you becoming the Josh Bruce of QAFA A?

Mate I hear black is the new Pink :eek:

Wow, I can see why..!

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124328642&c=1-109-0-295180-0&pool=1001

Remove this Banner Ad

Back