Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown and Swallow likely, will be named in squad and given until Saturday to prove fitness. Good odds for a late change this week! :thumbsu:

How depressing - Did a quick analysis on team averages. The only statistic that we are rated in the top 4 for is............drum roll...... Free kicks awarded :(

In almost every other stat - whether it be tackles, disposals, kicks marks or anything else you can come up with, were rated between 7th (handballs) and 16th (tackles) in the league

On the other hand, the only stat Freo is ranked lowly in is tackles (17th in the comp). Everything else is top 4, bar one or two stats which were still top 6.

I guess the Dockers dont need to tackle soo much because the opposition rarely get there hands on the ball.

According to the numbers , at this stage, we sit between being average and poor across the board.

sigh :(

Im pretty sure I've seen a Champion Data stat that states we are number one in the league for Aberrations.

...Swallow was using ONE hand on Nien News...and Spud is tellung us he trained well at the same time.

Spud needs spectacles.

He trained well in the one-handed drills? :stern look

Pies are #1 for contested ball
NMFC are #15 for contested ball

Pies are #2 for i50's
NMFC are #14 for i50's

We also play a lot of games at Docklands which are less conducive to slow, stoppage football. You want to compare differentials rather than just totals.

Have a look who they've played & who we have though.

Bet we are 10% better than them in both categories by the end of Sunday evenings game.
I realise that.

Im not as confident going into this game as you are though.

Collingwood really only need a couple of things going their way to win. Win the mid field battle(which they should easily) and Cloke to have his usual game against us where we play him into form. Our forward line should win their battle, but getting it there with Pendles, Swan and Sidebottom is another story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realise that.

Im not as confident going into this game as you are though.

Collingwood really only need a couple of things going their way to win. Win the mid field battle(which they should easily) and Cloke to have his usual game against us where we play him into form. Our forward line should win their battle, but getting it there with Pendles, Swan and Sidebottom is another story.
I can see what you're saying but I'd much rather have our midfield than theirs.
I hope Dumont gets a full game & is a bit of a wild card in there. I'd give Jacobs & maybe even Higgins runs in the middle with the absence of Swallow.
We have the better cattle still I think.

I can see what you're saying but I'd much rather have our midfield than theirs.
I hope Dumont gets a full game & is a bit of a wild card in there. I'd give Jacobs & maybe even Higgins runs in the middle with the absence of Swallow.
We have the better cattle still I think.
For this game id rather their midfield. Id rather our over time though.

Dumont is a player. Need to pump him full of games as quickly as possible.

We need Higgins, Froggy, BJ, Boomer, LT, Ats and even Dish having a run through the middle. We need to mix it up a lot more to keep the opposition on their toes, but Brad is reluctant as its not plan A

Maybe Brad's plan B is to not have a plan B. So when plan A isnt working, the opposition coach thinks 'North will implement their plan B here', but then nothing changes, and therefore tricks the opposition coach. But in fact, Brad did implement Plan B, which was in fact not to change anything, which means that Plan B was actually implement.

An interesting, risky, sexy idea Brad. Lets hope it does or doesn't work.

Maybe Brad's plan B is to not have a plan B. So when plan A isnt working, the opposition coach thinks 'North will implement their plan B here', but then nothing changes, and therefore tricks the opposition coach. But in fact, Brad did implement Plan B, which was in fact not to change anything, which means that Plan B was actually implement.

An interesting, risky, sexy idea Brad. Lets hope it does or doesn't work.

Too clever for his own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back