Preview Richmond vs Essendon, Dreamtime at the 'G, 30/05/15 @ 7:20 PM (unchanged team)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will go unchanged

I also wouldnt mind seeing Laverde debut to replace Jerrett, however can he apply the defensive pressure required of that role. Dont think Fantasia comes in because hes been playing down back in the VFL, god knows why.

Hibberd going to have to play a massive game on Deledio/Martin when they are resting forward. Melksham to take them when they push into the midfield.

If Jerrett does play wouldnt mind a defensive role to stop Houli first, think hes import to their drive from the backline.

IMO Richmond should be favourite for this game and rightfully are.

Great post.

I don't love the idea of two 'pressure' players in the forward line (Merrett/Ambrose) - which is part of the reason I'd like to see Laverde come in for Jack. And who do we really need to man in their back line bar Houli?

As outstanding as his attacking is (granted, he hasn't been quite as good this year), his defensive game isn't as good. Goes to ground too often in marking contests. I reckon Bags would be better suited for Martin/Lids.

With Houli, I'd either go with J Merrett or even Ambrose. Ambrose is big and tough, and after one big hard hit/tackle, I reckon Houli will disappear.

Do you see him as an eventual replacement for a Stanton type one day?
No. Doesn't win anywhere near enough ball to be that type. He's a left footed Lewis Jetta.

But isn't the banter thread for banter?
This thread is for chatting about the upcoming game. If people want to chat about what the Richmond posters are saying on their board, use the banter thread where they can at least respond within the rules if they wish to. That way it doesn't send this thread down the slippery slope of becoming a slanging match which people who are interested in chatting about the upcoming game are not interested in having to wade through.

This thread is for chatting about the upcoming game. If people want to chat about what the Richmond posters are saying on their board, use the banter thread where they can at least respond within the rules if they wish to. That way it doesn't send this thread down the slippery slope of becoming a slanging match which people who are interested in chatting about the upcoming game are not interested in having to wade through.

f216b8d47370d1139046adf4e0442594142968e2_full.jpg

To back up what Beerfish said, it's very simple. If you're going to post in a banter, talking s**t sort of way about the game or the other club, use the banter thread.

Richmond posters, that applies to you and Essendon posters, that applies to you too.

Don't clog up this thread with whinging about what's being said on the Richmond board, and Richmond posters, if you're going to post in here, post on topic and about the game- if you're looking to start a fight, go away. The banter thread is for good natured ribbing.

Am I the only one who saw way more than 5 disposals in Jackson's game last weekend?

FFS, keep him in and put him on Houli. He's playing a very disciplined game at the moment and can make life difficult for Houli where I doubt others will. The 5 disposal game aside where the forwards were actually clunking them for a change he is averaging 12 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal from a forward pocket whilst putting on a lot of defensive pressure.

I think we need more/better avenues to goal.

Would like to see who and how many times in the first eight rounds a player not named Daniher or Carlisle has kicked two or more goals.

With Merrett and Ambrose, goals are almost seen as bonuses since they're down forward for their pressure, which really shouldn't be the case for 2 of our 6.

Would like to see who and how many times in the first eight rounds a player not named Daniher or Carlisle has kicked two or more goals.

With Merrett and Ambrose, goals are almost seen as bonuses since they're down forward for their pressure, which really shouldn't be the case for 2 of our 6.

Spot on. This is why we need Saviour in the side to be that other avenue and goalkicker

I think we will go unchanged

I also wouldnt mind seeing Laverde debut to replace Jerrett, however can he apply the defensive pressure required of that role. Dont think Fantasia comes in because hes been playing down back in the VFL, god knows why.

Hibberd going to have to play a massive game on Deledio/Martin when they are resting forward. Melksham to take them when they push into the midfield.

If Jerrett does play wouldnt mind a defensive role to stop Houli first, think hes import to their drive from the backline.

IMO Richmond should be favourite for this game and rightfully are.
Think they might have decided Fantasia is a midfielder first? Playing him off half back makes it seem like they have decided to put him through "midfielder school".

Cooney twice, Zaka and Howlett have kicked 3 goals in a match so far this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The likely match-ups, assuming Merrett is omitted for Dempsey in the 21 and whoever as sub, would be:

Rance on Daniher
Chaplin on Carlisle
Grimes on Ambrose
Batchelor on Chapman
Houli on Cooney
Vlaustin on Howlett

Obviously with the likes of Jobe, Stanton, BJ rotating through the forward line. Who do we target as clearly "better" than their opponent? Carlisle. He's our man for this game.

The likely match-ups, assuming Merrett is omitted for Dempsey in the 21 and whoever as sub, would be:

Rance on Daniher
Chaplin on Carlisle
Grimes on Ambrose
Batchelor on Chapman
Houli on Cooney
Vlaustin on Howlett

Obviously with the likes of Jobe, Stanton, BJ rotating through the forward line. Who do we target as clearly "better" than their opponent? Carlisle. He's our man for this game.

Expecting one of Carlisle or Daniher to kick a bag. Think Rance will be forced to move between the two. Also like Cooney on Houli.

I'm willing to give him another game in the role. If he has another 5 possession game this week I might start to question his spot but even with that game he still hit the scoreboard, he still performed in terms of the structure of the forward line (how often do you see him getting in the way?), his pressure and tackling was good.

Rance on Daniher
Chaplin on Carlisle
Grimes on Ambrose
Batchelor on Chapman
Houli on Cooney
Vlaustin on Howlett

I'd send Howlett to Houli given the job he did on Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back