News Will Minson Gone 4 weeks VFL Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

You've hung a bloke for participating in sledging, a practice designed to get the opposition off their game. It was a two way street, he didn't feel comfortable with it post game so tried to make amends. I am glad he was prepared to press as far as he did to get a reaction. So long as you are not racist, sexist, or homophobic there isn't much else off limits outside of your own personal morals. As far as I know here are no rules against acting like a prick. I comend Will for risking his personal reputation to try and enhance our chance of victory.

Are you serious? You do know Will sledged Cornes about not being with his wife who'd just had a baby and whose other kid had heart problems? And that's ok? And that's not counting whatever he said about Pearce's mother which he was suspended for. Frankly, I'd flatten a guy for that sort of s**t, but then Will's targetting smaller blokes who are on TV and they can't respond. What a braveheart. What a legend for risking his 'personal reputation', how commendable.

I'm all for backing our players but not at the expense of basic human decency. Do we feel pride in our club when our players use other players' wives, mothers and sick kids as verbal punching bags - but its ok because its not racist, homophobic or sexist? Do we feel proud when they swear at and touch an umpire - no matter how minimally? I don't. This is the third time Will's done something stupid or offensive or intimidating in a way that virtually every other AFL player doesn't.

If and when we do make finals, Will's the guy who is likely to cost us a game with an idiotic 50m penalty or by being suspended for a final due to another stupid act, he's just got that sort of form.

At best Will just seems a pretty loose unit with minimal impulse control. At worst, well...best not to speculate, but I'm at the point where I'd be happy if we pissed him off.

Having said that Will's penalty was too harsh and I hope it's downgraded on appeal.

Are you serious? You do know Will sledged Cornes about not being with his wife who'd just had a baby and whose other kid had heart problems? And that's ok? And that's not counting whatever he said about Pearce's mother which he was suspended for. Frankly, I'd flatten a guy for that sort of s**t, but then Will's targetting smaller blokes who are on TV and they can't respond. What a braveheart. What a legend for risking his 'personal reputation', how commendable.

I'm all for backing our players but not at the expense of basic human decency. Do we feel pride in our club when our players use other players' wives, mothers and sick kids as verbal punching bags - but its ok because its not racist, homophobic or sexist? Do we feel proud when they swear at and touch an umpire - no matter how minimally? I don't. This is the third time Will's done something stupid or offensive or intimidating in a way that virtually every other AFL player doesn't.

If and when we do make finals, Will's the guy who is likely to cost us a game with an idiotic 50m penalty or by being suspended for a final due to another stupid act, he's just got that sort of form.

At best Will just seems a pretty loose unit with minimal impulse control. At worst, well...best not to speculate, but I'm at the point where I'd be happy if we pissed him off.

Having said that Will's penalty was too harsh and I hope it's downgraded on appeal.
What a load of over-moralising tripe.

You should be having a go go at the club for keeping this bloke for 13 years.
The problems he has caused ( I suggest mainly in your head ) is intolerable.
Talk about assassinating a bloke , just a rubbish post mate.

Well this thread derailed quickly when we should be supporting will and how vastly unfair the penalty is (if it was a top club player the afl would intervene) instead of supporting him we are bringing up every indiscretion he's ever had and even every rumour.
Get behind him support him at the end of the day he is one of ours we need to back and stick up for our players.
Been a lot of player bashing of late

As far as the rules are concerned, yes I believe so.
I am said to hear that you would resort to violence. There is no place for that in our community. I am outraged. (Not actually outraged).

Libba is an out an out Footscray legend who scratched and pinched and sledged all day. We have had no trouble taking joy in the misery he caused opposition players and still reconciling it with the fact he is a good man outside of that performance. Why it is so difficult to do that for Will, a guy who is an outstanding member of the community (see Red Dust ) is odd to me.

Well said Bevo! Ooops :D ;)

Will has played finals before. I can't seem to recall a final, not even a H&A game actually, where he has given away a 50m penalty to lose a game. In fact, I recall a game where he kicked a goal to save it:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/minson-puts-footy-first/story-e6frf9nx-1111116210577

I understand the rest of your post, but this is adding 2+2 and getting something that's not even numeric.

What a load of contrived garbage. You seem hung up on Wills criticism of Cornes playing football instead of being with his family. How is that insulting his family? Wills thoughts were with the Cornes family and his criticism was solely aimed at Cornes for choosing to play football instead of being with his family in a time of need. Inappropriate dialogue on a football field? Probably. But you're twisting it into something that it wasn't just to suit your biased argument.

Speculating on how Minson will perform in a finals game is just funny considering he has more than proven himself already in finals before, whilst there are 16 or more players in our team who have never even tasted a finals. Your agenda is pretty clear, unfortunately you have no substance at all to back it up. So in the end you just come across as a petty hater.

What a load of contrived garbage. You seem hung up on Wills criticism of Cornes playing football instead of being with his family. How is that insulting his family? Wills thoughts were with the Cornes family and his criticism was solely aimed at Cornes for choosing to play football instead of being with his family in a time of need. Inappropriate dialogue on a football field? Probably. But you're twisting it into something that it wasn't just to suit your biased argument.

Speculating on how Minson will perform in a finals game is just funny considering he has more than proven himself already in finals before, whilst there are 16 or more players in our team who have never even tasted a finals. Your agenda is pretty clear, unfortunately you have no substance at all to back it up. So in the end you just come across as a petty hater.
Speaking of family, is it just coincidental that his main on-field issues have come against Port - where his brother played? Perhaps his brother's experience there led to it. Outside of that (and this umpire issue), he's had a pretty good record for well over a decade with us.

Speaking of family, is it just coincidental that his main on-field issues have come against Port - where his brother played? Perhaps his brother's experience there led to it. Outside of that (and this umpire issue), he's had a pretty good record for well over a decade with us.

I think that the inability to let things go comes from the Port side of things, he apologised as soon as he found out when he found out the health issues that Cornes' son was born with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back