Malthouse claims Trigg admits Adelaide had Betts 'stitched up' with 18 months to go on his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't going to comment on Rucci because I have extremely little time for hack journalism, but due to this thread, his clickbait article and a whole lot of tweeting, I honesty have the guy all wrong and want to take this opportunity to share my thoughts.

You see, I try to be as objectionable as possible and I honestly believed that he still was a somewhat talented journalist who, regardless of the many times I would shake my head, believed there was a least some substance to why he would write the things he wrote (even though I couldn't see the substance). After all, he's allowed to be the Chief writer for footy at the Advertiser for a long time now.

But over the last few days which have raised my curiosity, my opinion of him has changed. At first, I originally thought he wrote the clickbait article as pure clickbait, thus he was happily dabbling in tabloid journalism to get the views and he was well aware that he was approaching this story from the most inflammatory angle possible. That sounded about right, that's what hack journalists do when their glory days are well behind them.

Then came Twitter...

This guy HONESTLY believes there is nothing wrong with his tabloid style of approach to journalism. Now, I know he's reading this because he clearly has narcissistic tendencies, but it is blowing my mind that I am actually writing something like this and it is being consumed by a person who actually thinks so highly of themselves while at the same time participates in the lowest form of his occupation on a regular basis (clickbait journalism, tabloid journalism).

It occurs to me now just how unworthy this guy is to be given such a job. Adelaide deserves a lot better and has for a while, but not because he's betraying his journalistic integrity, but because he's a weasel who doesn't understand the grand scheme of what journalism should be and doesn't actually have a clue about the tone of what is happening in the football environment he believes himself to be an expert in.

I could sit here and write a massive spill about why I hate the guy, can't stand his journalism, but on further study, I actually feel sorry for him. Imagine being labelled the number 1 football journalist from a great footballing state like SA, yet literally being at the bottom of the pile of footballing journalists all the way from Perth to Melbourne. That's got to be a massive kick in the guts and I can't even imagine the sort shame and failure he must feel on a daily bases, especially when he hasn't the capability of understanding why he's not as good as the others and why so many people can't stand him.

You're a sad little man, Rucc, yet for some reason you have been given one of the greatest jobs in the footballing world. It's such a shame for everyone and that includes both you and the public that you are continually failing at it so miserably. If you can't see the extreme flaws of your entire approach to the Eddie Betts "Saga" (Saga is a word you used), then you're not only incapable of doing your job to an acceptable standard, you're also rubbishing your name more and more with this unworthy approach you take to football. If you want to do the right thing, you'll resign, go report on the SANFL, you must be holding someone back at the Advertiser who can do the job properly, give the public what they deserve and let the person you're holding back take over and try and bring some integrity back into the role of Chief football reporter for the Advertiser. Hell, it might even increase sales, you'll be doing the editor a massive favour as well. At least have a think about it, you're just not up to the standard the public deserve.
FWIW, I love my SANFL and the last thing I want is him reporting on it

994105_816126061810100_3316125337561957050_n.jpg

after having a perfectly amicable convo with michelangelo, he has blocked me. he's certainly a different individual.

maybe this little story will wake him up a little to the fact that you are going to held accountable for writing completely false baiting garbage. if he can't explain himself in a mature manner or (gasp) admit that he was wrong, then for his own sanity he should remove himself from social media.

Rucci blocked me on twitter earlier in the year when i told him we had 40k+ 11 game members (before it all came public)
He replied with LOL didn't know Adelaide oval holds 200k. A few days later it was confirmed we had over 40k 11 game members and he ended up blocking me. The guy literally has no idea.

Also i got this sent to me tonight, not sure if anyone else has seen it yet..
IMG_0814.png

Meanwhile Rucci is Tweeting rubbish like "Fages has whipped up a lynch mob" and tagging #lynchmob using terms like Crows fans are vengeful and don't shoot the messenger (him). I noticed he deleted the majority of his juvenile tweets from last night.

It's like he's hit the piss and is drunk tweeting.

Now for those that jumped to conclusions and bad mouthed trigg because they can't let go of the past... :p. Man did his time and is now at another club. As the classic movie Frozen says... Let it Go!
Jenny, jenny, jenny.

In what universe is a CEO supposed to compromise his former employer to "Big Note" himself. There is absolutely no justification for him to give the chapter and verse on Eddie Betts to Carlton.

A life member of our football club, what a disgrace.

For those that said "don't forget about all he did for the AFC" were they referring to

1) How he watched our membership decline under his watch

2) Until he was dragged yelling and screaming to Adelaide Oval

3) How he and Nige allowed Poort Pear to claim Adelaide Oval as there own (when we were told we couldn't host the first Adelaide Oval showdown we should have insisted that Port could have the first game against another club and we would have had our own Oval Opening).

4) How he was in charge of the decline in our playing group

5) How he "arranged" for our three best players to come out of contract in the same year

6) How he used his own "Boys Club" promotion (from phys ed teacher to a mega salary) as a model for our club (hello Steve, hello Nigel etc)

7) How he ignored all the signs that Footy Park was doomed and mortgaged the club to the hilt because we would make a fortune from hiring out the new Taj

8) How he watched our non-football revenue drop from near the top to near the bottom of the AFL and produced our first and subsequent financial losses

9) How he alienated our "customers" (yes, the fans were revolting)

10) And then his great judgement in selecting and keeping coaches.

And then there was the Tippett saga

I could go on but I need a drink................................

Rucci blocked me on twitter earlier in the year when i told him we had 40k+ 11 game members (before it all came public)
He replied with LOL didn't know Adelaide oval holds 200k. A few days later it was confirmed we had over 40k 11 game members and he ended up blocking me. The guy literally has no idea.

View attachment 138779
#NeverTearUpOurTarps

It's probably an oldie but that's the first time I've seen that joke. Genuinely made me lol :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 138779

via Imgflip Meme Maker

The absolute worst thing you can do to a guy like rucci is ignore him. A guy like that doesn't have genuine friends so the attention he receives from crows fans is probably the only thats keeping him from being a complete hermit.

The thing I don't get is how it impacts on the reputation of the advertiser and 5aa. I know they must initially love the attention but eventually people get bored of playing childish, moronic games with rucci so they turn off and most, like me, will never return.

Meanwhile Rucci is Tweeting rubbish like "Fages has whipped up a lynch mob" and tagging #lynchmob using terms like Crows fans are vengeful and don't shoot the messenger (him). I noticed he deleted the majority of his juvenile tweets from last night.

AFC should black ban the campaigner

Yeah
It does change it !
Ha
That's pretty funny really

The absolute worst thing you can do to a guy like rucci is ignore him. A guy like that doesn't have genuine friends so the attention he receives from crows fans is probably the only thats keeping him from being a complete hermit.

The thing I don't get is how it impacts on the reputation of the advertiser and 5aa. I know they must initially love the attention but eventually people get bored of playing childish, moronic games with rucci so they turn off and most, like me, will never return.

I listen now that Bicks is on but as for McDermott and Rucci - moment I hear them it's off to Triple M

Even a misogynistic campaigner like Jarman is better than Roach

So where was this Whately interview with Malthouse?

Straight after AFL 360 on Fox Footy Channel tonight.

AFC should black ban the campaigner

Yeah
It does change it !
Ha
That's pretty funny really
I was wondering why so many people around these parts were so fond of that word...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back