Not open for further replies.
doitforbean.jpg
Another classic.
Well done :thumbsu:

I do hope that players read this s**t.

Hunt v Heppell will be a ripper
I'm backing Taylor to do the job
Was all over Matty White last week like a rash...would have leant a lot
Against Heppell is a few steps up, but reckon Hunt will live up to his name...campaigner the tagger

yeah ~ good to see Hunt tagging ...looks more comfortable in that position

Yeah but Justin Charles was good for us and i seen a young man trying to keep playing even if it meant taking hormone injections as required to assist him. I didn't feel he was a drug cheat then or now but everyone else seems to think otherwise. Yes he could have said no but once you're in a team environment and everyone agreed you would be shown up as not one of the boys. Only reason zach didn't take them was he was scared of injections (i mean thats funny enough a grown man). Seriously do i think they are all drug cheats? i sure do but i also don't know what bs they were fed. And let's say What will MM be remembered as ? The last year of his coaching or all the 30 od ? Personally i'll remember this dude prior all this drug sh t but i can get your and other people's point of you.

Charles took an anabolic steroid from memory - Bolderone or something like that.... He is a drug cheat. he also admitted taking it and copped his right whack despite there not being a anti-doping policy at the time.

Essendon players have not admitted to taking a substance that was confirmed banned at the time (well done ASADA on their dodgy and incorrect advice), there have been no positive tests and more importantly nobody has yet found them guilty. The public don't know, they suspect (just like I do) foul play but until it is proven, they are innocent....

Anyway, hope we turn around our poor Dreamtime form and have a good win! 1 point or more will do for me....

Lets be honest Matty White aint much of a scalp...

In fact i would guess thats the first time in his career hes been tagged
The same Matty White that we should have paid extra to keep on our list? Where are those people now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at Brayshaw on the footy show saying there will be 90k there just because its fletchers 400th. Hope there is cause of $$$ to the tiggys, but richmond being in form let alone it being the dreamtime game would be attracting the most

We play the pressure like tonight against port we will win simple...but you dont know what richmond will show up

Here's the thing. Port lost by 8 goals to Brisbane the week before, so I dare say that pressure may want to lift a few notches to get over us.

We're playing alot better the past fortnight, as are you blokes.

Could be a goal either way.

And thats what he said where am i wrong?
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has praised the efforts over the first eight rounds this season of hard-working midfielder Shaun Grigg, who has been one of the Tigers’ most consistent and valuable performers.

Grigg is averaging 21.2 disposals per game in season 2015 and, last Sunday against Port Adelaide, he had his most contested possessions in a match (12) since 2012.

Get your tickets for the Round 9 Dreamtime at the 'G blockbuster against Essendon

“He’s been very good, Shaun,” Hardwick said.

“We’ve moved him back into probably his natural role, which has been inside, and his contested-ball numbers have risen and his ability to win clearance has been outstanding, whereas, in previous years, we’ve probably plonked him on the wing because we required him to play that role.

But overall, you ask Shaun where his best footy’s played, and it’s in the middle.

“That’s why we got him across from Carlton, and we’ve managed to slot him back in there and he’s performed really well . . .

“He’s 27 years of age, he’s coming into the prime of his career, and it’s no coincidence he’s playing his best footy.”

It's a load of garbage. At Carlton he was an out side running player, as he has been with us, not a lot has changed imo. Grigg has always found the ball he averages over 20 possesions for his career. so what is different this yr.
Rarely has he won a lot of contested ball 12 in one game is an abberation. He would have double figure contested possessions a dozen times if that. Rarely has he ever laid a lot of tackles in a game.
This yr he is averaging just one c/p more than his career ave and thats after almost a career best last week. he goes at 6 a game.
This yr he is averaging just .5 of a clearance more than his career ave, he goes at 2.5.
Kpis for an inside player are not great.

Why the need to pump him up. I agree hes been much better this yr. I put that down to the following.
Defensively he has been much better this yr. He is playing accountable footy and his tackle numbers are up to somewhere acceptable instead of being almost non existent..He has always been a very good run and spread player and this enables him to run with players. This is whats improved so whats with the clearance, c/p and disposal nonsense. Not a lot has really changed with these things.
He is playing at a level that should be demanded all the time. Unfortunately for us and Shaun, he has shown too often that he cant sustain this better more rounded game. I am hopeful that finally the penny has dropped and he does sustain the level.

interesting info on Edwards.. ive always rated him.. and he is in one of the best clearance players in the afl...and one of the smartest ..if he is not making the play he is setting the play up.. he is underated big time...in my mind he is an elite A grade player ...and a dead set gun.....
Agree its quality not quantity. Edwards like white are line breakers and they're worth there weight in gold
I think Edwards will rank higher than White in the long run when those figures get readjusted as Sheds has just gone to another level as you said
He's become more than a deft player and we look ordinary without his run

We're still here mate
Matty says hi
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-22/the-inquirer-numbers-can-lie

Didn't see Newman's name there or most of our guys
;)

Doesn't change the fact he wasn't much good for us and couldn't cement a side in the seniors in years. Can't blame us for shopping him around.

The premise of the player comparison in the article is flawed. So Matt White racks up the most fantasy points per 30 possessions. Sounds great until you take into account his average disposal count of 13 per game which means it takes him 2 and a half games to get there! It's dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back