Strategy Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit harsh on Talia but his defending needs to get a little better, had a few bags kicked on him lately. No harm in two weeks in the 2s. Watch Macrae, Grant and Minno come out firing this week.

Sucks Crameri is out too, huge loss. Anyone heard how long he's out for. Love the team overall.

Agree. There's always a fallback plan though. Rough is insurance despite the fact I love that he's named forward. Has been good every game this year IMO and I hope that continues in a new role.

With hrovat the most psycho sob defensively I think we'll be bolstered at pressuring their entries. Looking forward to Honey coming back though.

My fav thing about rough named forward ruck is that it looks like we really want to give Boyd support against his old team.

I anticipate Webb to play some minutes in the guts this week. I'm just so happy that we're 4-4 buy we've got some really good looking youngsters demanding games.

The heavy lifters this week to be Wallis, Stevens, Bonts, Picken, Dahlahus and Macrae. The rest (stringer, rat, Webb) will only pinch hit.

The Minson- Mummy battle is mouthwatering. Minson was ok in that one last year and his early season ruck work was ok. He lifted in the centre in round 1 in the last quarter. Jee it'll be nice to generate some scarier clearances too with our mids being well set up around the ball by necessity in recent weeks. I'm tipping higher numbers from all our starting mids.

How do we win this game? Rabid defence- causing turnovers, slick run (which our teams been picked for) and our two superstars, Stringer and Bont. You just never know with those two. Although I'm sure some gws players will try and put their weenies in Bonti's bum like they used to do Gryphon.

I'm not tipping a win but would love us to break Griffen in half

When's the last time we played two forwards of decent quality over 195cm at the same time. Plus Stringer. That alone is worth the price of admission for me this week.

Think this weeks ins & outs make the team more flexible for match day strategy. Roughead or Roberts could play back/forward if required.

As for this on the Bulldogs website (re Jack Macrae);

“(Jack’s) been back (in the VFL) a couple of weeks now and he’s really done the things that we were after, we really wanted him to work on that defensive side of his game and he was able to do that in the VFL and also work on his offensive side of the game.

Not sure how hard Jack needed to work on his defensive game last weekend when Footscray won by 150 points. Doubt it was a hard day at the office for him.

Think they should just call a spade a spade and say we need his talent this week as his quality was missing from the team last week.

Congratulations to Hamling. Hope he plays a great/memorable first game.

Think this weeks ins & outs make the team more flexible for match day strategy. Roughead or Roberts could play back/forward if required.

As for this on the Bulldogs website (re Jack Macrae);

“(Jack’s) been back (in the VFL) a couple of weeks now and he’s really done the things that we were after, we really wanted him to work on that defensive side of his game and he was able to do that in the VFL and also work on his offensive side of the game.

Not sure how hard Jack needed to work on his defensive game last weekend when Footscray won by 150 points. Doubt it was a hard day at the office for him.

Think they should just call a spade a spade and say we need his talent this week as his quality was missing from the team last week.

Congratulations to Hamling. Hope he plays a great/memorable first game.
He did lay ten tackles though which was twice more than any other dog so that's a fair effort in an absolute thumping!

Edit: Hayes had 7 so not twice more than every other dog.

Losing Crameri really hurts, a.

I am glad he is out - Deserved to be dropped - Misses way too many set shots and he made a few critical errors against melbourne at crucial moments - I am sure he will be back next game once he realises that he is not on a pedestal

He did lay ten tackles though which was twice more than any other dog so that's a fair effort in an absolute thumping!

Yeah I thought I saw in his stat's he had his tackle count up.

Not saying he didn't play well last week. He was definitely solid the week before against Geelong. Just implying surely they couldn't read too much into lasts weeks 150 point win to say he's fixed all the so called issues they sent him back for.

He's a great inclusion to have this week. He would have been his harshest critic after the Saints game (I think it was), so not sure of the benefit of dropping guys like him who have incredibly high standards and expectations of their own performance.

Also only kicked 1 goal in a 146 point win, so can't have been too much of a front runner.
Stats indicate that only 5 of his 34 disposals were inefficient - that's a lot better than his previous vfl game and probably better than all his afl games except the Adelaide game. For me ball use was probably the major deciding factor in his omission from the senior side, so I expect he has been working hard on his disposal and decision making.

I am glad he is out - Deserved to be dropped - Misses way too many set shots and he made a few critical errors against melbourne at crucial moments - I am sure he will be back next game once he realises that he is not on a pedestal
He's injured. Not dropped. He'd be playing otherwise, has been good.

are you serious ?

I'll assume by his standards Stringer deserves to be dropped too? Terrible set shot which came out again last week. Lucky he's beast mode once the ball hits the ground.
God I wish he'd start kicking them. Last game was just absurd - missed three set shots then dribbles that one from the boundary. It's getting to the point where I'd almost rather him drop the mark and just crumb his own contests instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I wish he'd start kicking them. Last game was just absurd - missed three set shots then dribbles that one from the boundary. It's getting to the point where I'd almost rather him drop the mark and just crumb his own contests instead.
I wouldn't want to risk turning the ball over so I'd say take the mark and then play on and kick the goal.

So the insane accuracy against Freo was a one off?
Most of his set shots against Freo were 20m out directly in front from memory - well at least one was. But, yes, a one off. I've said repeatedly, his ability to miss by 2m to the right, drifting slightly, is incredible. It's a flaw in his kicking technique, he kicks inswingers. But, like Damien Fleming, he takes them away just enough to take the edge, he doesn't kick big inswingers that miss by miles, which makes it even more frustrating. And don't start me on Dahl's kicking for goal.

You do realize where the player is named in the squad doesn't mean anything?

Yes, I do realise that. If you look at the team that has been named though, he is the only one from the backline that has enough experience to actually cause some damage playing up forward. Would also cause less disruption to the backline when he swaps ruck with Minson. Minson can play forward, but he definitely cannot play back.

If missing set shots is a reason to be dropped well we'd be struggling to field a team atm.

Crammers has been fantastic, doing a huge amount of grunt work inside the contest and a huge amount of running, creating space for our other forwards. So important to our forward structure and we will miss him dearly. Not hitting the scoreboard as much but he's playing a different role and at a guess he'd still probably have around 10 snags on the board.

Can't believe the Crameri hate! Sure he struggled early due to lack of match fitness but he was building and from the Sydney game on I think he has been easily one of our best players!

Cameron, McCarthy and Stewart scares me. There, I said it.
Lucky you don't know about:
Smith
WHE
Shiel
Treloar
Kelly
Greene
Coniglio
Whitfield
Ward
Palmer

Wait, what, all these guys are playing as well?? Oh dear.

Hang on a minute. The media were blowing smoke up our collective arses 3 weeks ago about how we had the best under 23 list in the league...

Oh, yeah. They're not the most reliable source of information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back