News Marty Clarke diagnosed with Addison's disease.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Bloody Difference between a Member of a Footy Club and being a Tax Payer talking to a cop

Indeed, you're right there TD!

Tell the cop you're a tax payer paying his wages, and it's not going to get you far.

Tell him you're a Collingwood member on the other hand ... And if he is one too, you might get somewhere ;)

Last edited:
So, you be happy to have people think that Clarke is a Dud and Useless and was a Massive Mistake of Trading Him Back
It's not about whether you or I or anyone else is happy about.

It's about what Marty is happy with. If he is happier keeping information on his medical condition to himself, then his wishes should be respected. How anyone else feels about it is completely irrelevant.

It's not about whether you or I or anyone else is happy about.

It's about what Marty is happy with. If he is happier keeping information on his medical condition to himself, then his wishes should be respected. How anyone else feels about it is completely irrelevant.

Well - Then IF he is happy for people to think that he has been a waste of a time for the Club. Then that what Happens

Well - Then IF he is happy for people to think that he has been a waste of a time for the Club. Then that what Happens
I don't think anyone thinks that Dave. He has been solid depth since his return from Ireland, and he was really just steak knives in the deal that landed us Elliott.

Aside from that, I think most players couldn't give a rats arse what the average punter thinks.

I don't think anyone thinks that Dave. He has been solid depth since his return from Ireland, and he was really just steak knives in the deal that landed us Elliott.

Aside from that, I think most players couldn't give a rats arse what the average punter thinks.

I thought he Started well when he came back and been going Backwards since mid year of that season. As we have now found out why.

So, you be happy to have people think that Clarke is a Dud and Useless and was a Massive Mistake of Trading Him Back
No Dave I don't. But that is unrelated. Marty's medical history is his private information. If he wants the club to tell us that is fine. If he wants to keep the information private that is also his right. We or the club have no say in that. Marty 's decision is final.

Well - As Members we should at least know why they are not playing.
You have no god given right to ANY information. The club is perfectly entitled to keep us in the dark about just about anything. Hell Essendon had the right to keep the peptide thing in the dark from its members - the fact that it brlke the rules is irrelevamt.

*'s sake, it isnt that hard a concept to grasp. Being a member doesnt make you a ******* Collingwood deity.

The club has no right to disclose players medical history out to the public with out the players permission and even as members we are not entitled to know someones medical history.

This is not a hamstring or calf injury, it's a disease. People like to keep these quiet and in secret. I know if I was in Marty's situation, I wouldn't want the public to know because it's not their business.

Marty is a great guy and even though his second stint didn't go as we hoped for, his first stint was really good and he was a solid member of the starting 22. Sport is irrelevant when it is compared to the situation Marty is dealing with now and as supporters of the club he represented we can only wish him well and hopefully he comes through this a stronger man.

What about knowing which players have the Herpes Simplex Virus and which don't? What's next Dave, should members be told of the medical condition of the member that may be seated next to them so they can chose if they want to sit next to the person all year?
That explains why no one sits next to me at the footy!:(

Members money pay the players wages.
So members are the players ultimate employer.
And employers have a right to know about medical issues that impact the employees ability to earn their wage.
Just sayin.

thank god you dont run the country....

just saying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In such a marginal sport, where the difference in making it or otherwise is a matter of small percentages, this I think must have played a large part in Marty's performance returning to the AFL. I'll always remember him for his game against Geelong in the prelim, he was a star that night. All the best Marty!

But by his line of thinking he does
He's a taxpayer (member) so every detail about the country (club) needs to be verified and viewed by him

actually i think that one is a good idea...i think the politicians and multinationals keep far too many secrets from the great unwashed..

Seeing as I'm a tax payer, I might march into Centre Link and demand to know why all these people are not working.
I'm also going to ask for the exact numbers of supporters for each club who are on the dole, so we can finally figure out if it's only Collingwood supporters who bludge off the tax payers. :rolleyes:

People as members think they are far more entitled than what they really are.

We aren't part of the club, we are paying for entertainment.

All the best Marty.

Spot on.

I should have clarified, the Law says its none of your business unless the individual wants it known to others

Of course you can always disagree with the Law if you like, but fortunately Collingwood chooses to abide by it

All AFL clubs regularly tell medical information about players, and half the time it's false - so the law doesnt' seem to have much to do with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back