Childish Gambino

Remove this Banner Ad

Kendrick?
Dont listen to him. For whatever reason I just seem to have this connection with Childish. Everything he raps about I seem to agree with or have had similar experiences or can relate to. I get his humour as well. We have the exact same sense of humour which is why i love his stand up work and his work on Community.

Dont listen to him. For whatever reason I just seem to have this connection with Childish. Everything he raps about I seem to agree with or have had similar experiences or can relate to. I get his humour as well. We have the exact same sense of humour which is why i love his stand up work and his work on Community.
Fair enough, but do yourself a favour and listen to Kendrick Lamar

The whitest of white kid rap.

Has a few good songs and his lyrics are easy to remember, but on the whole has a really bad knack for being pretentious and unfocused at the same time. He's a comedian/actor first and a rapper second.

The whitest of white kid rap.

Has a few good songs and his lyrics are easy to remember, but on the whole has a really bad knack for being pretentious and unfocused at the same time. He's a comedian/actor first and a rapper second.
Nah, born rapper. It's why he does that far more than his acting gig. In fact he gave up his acting gig on Community to focus on Gambino.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I just listened to some Kendrick Lamar. He is like old school. West coast. Something I wouldnt hear out of place in the 90's.

None of the songs really stood out for me. King Kunta was probably my favourite. I thought a big difference between Gambino and Lamar is how boring Lamar's video's are compared to Childish Gambino. The King Kunta video was like old rap. Heaps of black dudes with shirts off, dancing with "hot" chicks in front of awesome cars with lot's of bling on. It was weird.

Not sure I would go back to Kendrick Lamar.

Gambino is the man though. He has so many more levels. I love all the theories running around about his video's and how it's telling one big story. Or is he an alien? Like the end of Telegraph Ave.

This article sums up how awesome Childish Gambino is.

http://www.djbooth.net/index/news/entry/childish-gambino-music-videos

I mean the guy wrote a screenplay to read to the music of his album. The screenplay is awesome and you guys should read it. You can find it through that link I posted.

Last edited:
Well it's obviously about the music not the video's but Gambino is the whole package. That's what im saying.
FWIW, I do agree his videos are great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back