Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just to add on to what Kildonan said above, my personal opinion after about 2 years here, the St Kilda sub-forum is one of the most relaxed subs and receives very little mediation from mods for the most part who let a lot of the banter and sometimes antagonistic commentary go for the most part, which I love. It's not like some forums where you'd be embarrassed to say you visit and it's not a strict forum where one or 2 minor issues (swearing, joking) can get you banned.

I think the mods do a fantastic job for the most part and have very little, if any at all, bias towards posters on here as suggested. :thumbsu:

I'm sorry you feel that way Big Mart.

I have tried so hard to be fair with you, but you and your influence on the board creates a lot of work for the mods.

I am insulted that you think the mods are corrupt, I wonder how that works...??

Do you not realise that you are getting personal by calling posters on here "pretenders" - let alone the lack of respect you display to almost every poster on here. We don't want to "run you out of here" but we do need you to be civil - kids come here, and people looking for common courtesy and decency.
i think everyone just forgets who we are.

WE ARE SAINTS SUPPORTERS, we put up with everyone hating on us so why the hell are we cracking it with each other making it worse

d9cc3a1b2ead5261f34a5e3ea0fbcc9d.jpg

I posted this Pic to show that no matter how big of differences are we can all still get along if we try:thumbsu:

or maybe it was to point out that once the sleeping dog wakes it gonna bite that cheeky bloody cats head off:eek:

Meh! take what you will out of the pic:p

TheLonieRanger

All Australian
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am a moderator, I moderated - Brian posted something that went too far - I gave him a 1 point infraction.

P.S. there was no complaint from Sunshine Saint - I simply saw that a line had been crossed and acted

My mistake was to try and inform Brian that Sunshine Saint has done a number of things behind the scenes that were greatly beneficial to the club.
He does things without craving the fanfare that Brian seems to love. I then postulated that maybe he doesn't approve of people using their contacts / position to bignote themselves. Maybe I went too far - but no conspiracy, no concerted plan to muzzle anyone - just behaviour management.
I drew a line in the sand and said beyond here - you get infractions.

Blocking is a personal choice - that is up to him
I demand kildonan be taken off the case, the man/lady is clearly too invested and is displaying obvious bias! #bridunlie :fire:

/sarcasmofonto

BRUUUUCE

Team Captain
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im new to this site and am really confused as to why he got banned.I follow this saints forum religiously and read nothing from him that i would suggest he did anything wrong can someone in the know plz explain. Not trying to stir the pot just want some explanation

BRUUUUCE

Team Captain
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
He said he got an infraction so he will be gone for a while so maybe not banned but suspended why?

He said he got an infraction so he will be gone for a while so maybe not banned but suspended why?
if he got suspended it would say "day off"

just let it go is my advice, mods do way to much for us.

also this thread is 1.01 to be merged into the banter one

Im new to this site and am really confused as to why he got banned.I follow this saints forum religiously and read nothing from him that i would suggest he did anything wrong can someone in the know plz explain. Not trying to stir the pot just want some explanation

Hi Bruuce, Brian is neither banned nor suspended. He received a 1 point infraction.

If you accumulate enough points in a 12 month period you will lose privileges:

5 points - 1 week off.
10 points - 2 weeks off
15 points - 3 weeks off
20 points - Adios muchacho. Account banned.

Check out the rules if you're unsure of what is not acceptable on BigFooty:

http://bit.ly/BFRules

We try to keep everything in the Saints board St Kilda related as such if you have any queries regarding users and the like feel free to shoot us a PM.

BRUUUUCE

Team Captain
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi Bruuce, Brian is neither banned nor suspended. He received a 1 point infraction.

If you accumulate enough points in a 12 month period you will lose privileges:

5 points - 1 week off.
10 points - 2 weeks off
15 points - 3 weeks off
20 points - Adios muchacho. Account banned.

Check out the rules if you're unsure of what is not acceptable on BigFooty:

http://bit.ly/BFRules

We try to keep everything in the Saints board St Kilda related as such if you have any queries regarding users and the like feel free to shoot us a PM.
Ok now i understand thanks for clearing it up for me

Big Mart

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kildonian, how dare you take the moral high ground here.

Some final points... I'd love to step away from this, but I cannot stand dishonesty!!

1/ I create work because I'm over moderated, due to the fact I give opinions others do not like, they get personal and I challenge their comments strongly. Perhaps if you treated everyone fairly, with the same level of scrutiny ... It'd be different

2/ to suggest I treat ALMOST EVERY poster on her with disrespect (your words) is at best an exaggeration and at worst a lie. I treat others with the same amount of respect they show me. If you are going to make sweeping statements
Provide evidence!

Btw
There is a difference between being civil and being different or unpopular or true or right.

Kildonian, how dare you take the moral high ground here.

Some final points... I'd love to step away from this, but I cannot stand dishonesty!!

1/ I create work because I'm over moderated, due to the fact I give opinions others do not like, they get personal and I challenge their comments strongly. Perhaps if you treated everyone fairly, with the same level of scrutiny ... It'd be different

2/ to suggest I treat ALMOST EVERY poster on her with disrespect (your words) is at best an exaggeration and at worst a lie. I treat others with the same amount of respect they show me. If you are going to make sweeping statements
Provide evidence!

Btw
There is a difference between being civil and being different or unpopular or true or right.

Using the quote function and responding to people directly might be a good start

STK2020

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
This thread reminds me of my marrige .
Like this thread usually there are tears then a week of silence .
Cant somebody buy someone else some flowers or something ? :D

Kildonian
Great start in being disrespectful by deliberately misspelling my name.

how dare you take the moral high ground here.
I am simply putting forward the interests of the board, not trying to win some morality contest

1/ I create work because I'm over moderated, due to the fact I give opinions others do not like, they get personal and I challenge their comments strongly. Perhaps if you treated everyone fairly, with the same level of scrutiny ... It'd be different.
You create work by rubbing people up the wrong way. You are frequently inconsiderate of others using language that seems abrupt, dismissive or arrogant and the complaints we moderators have had against you from other posters include:

- a failure to quote the posts that you are responding to,
- a failure to acknowledge the points of others,
- a failure to provide supporting evidence,
- that you focus on negatives in almost every topic or thread you respond in
- that you complain about the club, the staff, our players, and have a particular beef against Pelchen

these don't cause you to be infracted, at worst it makes you a bad citizen of BigFooty, but your failure at any conciliatory actions makes otherwise peaceful and content posters react negatively towards you. You may not always be the one who initiates the off topic banter but you are VERY frequently involved in it. You also are very quick to escalate off topic talk into personal attacks and bickering. The majority of posters here have tried to nudge you in the direction of being a better poster, but you see these actions as a 1984-like dystopian conform or else scenario and it seems as if you believe only you have no wool over your eyes.

Provide evidence!

Btw

I have provided evidence - if you want more - read the 36 pages of this thread - more than 50% of posts are by you or of you - this thread was created to allow you to continue to have your say without derailing the thread you were saying it in.

Last edited by a moderator:

STK2020

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bahahahahaha :p
More chance of obtaining peace in the Middle East than on this thread atm . :)

Big Mart

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
You are a disgrace

But as long as you think you're not... It's ok

Btw
Not sure if you provided any evidence I treat ALMOST EVERY poster with a lack of respect.
Basically you're a liar... And providing a drawn out, redirecting reply doesn't change a thing.

All of those points you raised are, just your opinion and sometimes that of your chronies that complain to you about 'negativity'
And

At least you acknowledge, I don't initiate things... But you allow it??
Interesting

Even in this thread, one of my stalkers St Luke made an extremely detogatory comment.. Did he get an infraction? Did he quote??

I'll tell you one thing... I'd prefer to be negative on a forum when discussing a bottom of the ladder footy team (seems justifiable) than dishonest or corrupt.

This thread is full of my posts, because you move them here... Because I can't defend myself from cowardly attacks from Mowman, St Luke, Joffaboy, Defacto, PS and a few others ....

That's ok

Ps
In my enforced holiday, I read through some threads... And noticed a member of people don't quote?! But I'm sure they get infractions for being soooo disrespectful. Seriously...

Let's face It
I rub you up the wrong way... Because I won't conform to niceties and say what I believe is true.

Big Mart

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Now

To complete than ban

You and your corrupt partner Squizzy can kid yourselves as much as you like... But in your prestigious and precious role you simply abuse power... To control and censor your board...
Commendable... No, not really. Which is why your self righteous attitude is enough to make anyone spew up!!!
That and the fact you are so unfair... nothing to be proud of?!

And
The weak as piss snipers who enjoy the anonymity of cyberspace to type insults without fear of recrimination
Hopefully it feels good when you hit those keys, because there is little doubt that it's the only way you'd be so bold.

SS and BF have one thing in common

It's the playground for many absolute wannabes...

Good Night

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I, for one, think the mods on this board do a terrific job, no over moderation, but step in when required. That the moderation never been brought up as an issue until 1 poster (who had similar issues on another forum) came along speaks volumes about how well this forum is run.

Good stuff, Kildonan, A2R and Squizzy. Just wish the three of you posted more often!!

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Now

To complete than ban

You and your corrupt partner Squizzy can kid yourselves as much as you like... But in your prestigious and precious role you simply abuse power... To control and censor your board...
Commendable...
The weak as piss you'd be so bold.
Oh it's much worse than that. These two stole my skin when I was sleeping and changed my left and right hands around. I would write more to join in the good fight against them but working out which keys to press with my altered arrangement simply takes too long.

But please power on. You're the only one who has ever seen these two as the self serving ego maniacs they are in the seven or so years I have casually posted on here.

Back