Autopsy Round 8: Sydney vs Hawks 3 things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maccas first.....

Jettas long long kick from left half back to Superluke just outside 50 who proves to us all he is only human and fails to take the mark. The sherrin spills to the new evereadyman in hanneberry who as usual has run a long way and escaped the clutches of that grub Lewis. He picks up and fires a handball to the skipper who scoops it up off his toes as if that's where he wants every ball, and belts one from 53 that only just gets over the heads of traffic and slides thru for a goal..... we're coming to get you hawks!!!

We came too close to losing that game through a couple of skill errors at the end. Rampe needs to use his right foot for a short pass. Goodes had run hard to get clear. Jetta was screaming to Rampe to get it to him but Rampe was wrong-sided and it dropped short. If Suckling hadn't been such a lousy kick he wouldn't have got the ball back. At least Rampe had the presence of mind to clean up and with his lovely long handball to Shaw started a chain of precision kicks. Lloyd also turned it over resulting in the (luckily missed) Gunston shot. He needs to realise that when Goodes pinpoints him with a 40m pass into the corridor that doesn't mean he should try the same thing. At least not when it's a white hot game. The veterans in our team have a long history in playing under extreme pressure. There is so much less time to think and act. The more our young players are exposed to it the better they'll get.

Sam Mitchell was the luckiest at the MRP. Getting off with a fine for felling Tom Mitchell off play with a whack to the face. Tom needs to remember that next time they meet.
And he has form as well, Rohan in GF....

On the Footy Show. Newman and Roughead:

Newman: What lost you the game? *long pause from everyone* Goal kicking
Roughead: *under his breathe but picked up by the mic* Or umpires

Seriously?
Watch the game, he sooked all night. He's one I liked , but he's now become an arrogant rat like their supporters

Watch the game, he sooked all night. He's one I liked , but he's now become an arrogant rat like their supporters
Still the ugliest player on an AFL list too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not get personal guys.

The Hawks have arrogant air of entitlement about them. From president to head coach to players - It doesn't surprise me that their supporters have been imbued with that too. It is 2012 all-over again, so why are we surprised by this week's narrative?

Our club is much more understated, embraces the story of our failures instead of pretending it was never a part of our history, and arks up only when we feel like we've been wronged, or our integrity has been questioned. It's why we spent so long on this board wondering why no one liked us anymore after 2012. :p

Nothing like spending decades at the bottom of the barrel to pull you back a peg or two. Return of the Mayblooms anyone?

To someone like Darcy, I imagine all sorts of everyday things in the outside world seems like "genius".

Like how they get the honey inside crackers?

To someone like Darcy, I imagine all sorts of everyday things in the outside world seems like "genius".

Rioli the magician spills the handball that (commentators gush) 'even he' could not grab, yet as it bounces awkwardly Reid scoops it up cleanly, easily side steps Cyril and pops a neat handball off.

'Ho hum' sighs Reid, 'Another day debunking Rioli's magic'.

Reid is James Randi to Rioli's Uri Geller

I wouldn't take too much of what clarko says. He's playing the psychological game, perhaps its an insight into how he operates and how he's been able to get his group to the level they're at.

I have to agree with him to a certain extent, they missed shots they'd usually swallow up so I'd be cautious about hanging our hat on beating a hawthorn that were below their best. They will not play like that come finals, so we need to take our lessons from the game, improve, and show them we can beat them any time any place.

I'd love to play hawthorn in the gf. Would be an all time classic imo, and would be the official tie breaker.

Although Freo will have something to say about that

Devil's Advocate... I wished Cyril had taken the handball...

I mean the way Reid is playing and the professionalism of Smith coming from the side, would love to have seen Cyril caught holding the ball...

Devil's Advocate... I wished Cyril had taken the handball...

I mean the way Reid is playing and the professionalism of Smith coming from the side, would love to have seen Cyril caught holding the ball...

ha ha ha

cyril was gone. short of him tripping over his own feet he kicks the goal. he had 5 metres on reid and reid is not catching rioli. smith would never have got there.

we dodged a bullet.

Meh we wernt lucky, hawthorn were just s**t when it mattered.

We beat them fair and square in a good contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back