CEZhH2rWMAARetV.jpg
It'd win the league.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Don't rate Moreno at all. He may improve but he has no defensive awareness about him atm. Clichy is a mile better.

I remember Clichy at Moreno's age. He was nothing special. Defenders mature into their late 20's. Moreno will develop into a fine LB down the track IMO, he has all the traits required.

I remember Clichy at Moreno's age. He was nothing special. Defenders mature into their late 20's. Moreno will develop into a fine LB down the track IMO, he has all the traits required.
Everyone develops in their own time. But if Moreno is at Liverpool in two years time I'll be surprised. He just doesnt seem to have an understanding of the game.

How long can you afford to carry someone inept defensively while you wait for them to mature (if they mature)?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC

Clichy's best years at Arsenal were actually 2006-2008.

We sold him because he was getting worse season-on-season.

Clichy's best years at Arsenal were actually 2006-2008.

We sold him because he was getting worse season-on-season.
He had a bad mistake a game in him just before he moved to us IIRC. Arsenal definitely happy to move him on.

Think he needed a change of scenery as he was very good in our 11/12 title season.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Everyone develops in their own time. But if Moreno is at Liverpool in two years time I'll be surprised. He just doesnt seem to have an understanding of the game.

How long can you afford to carry someone inept defensively while you wait for them to mature (if they mature)?
I think if you go back and watch him this season, you will see that he performed much better as an out and out LB. In a back four he was good. When he played at LWB in a back three he was pretty dire.

Jury is out on him.

Did you watch every single Liverpool game this season.

I of course did. He was better in a back four than a back three. Has time on his side. Big season for him next year.
No. But I saw him show the same lack of awareness playing in a back 4 as a 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Did you watch every single Liverpool game this season.

I of course did. He was better in a back four than a back three. Has time on his side. Big season for him next year.

Think it was more a case of playing alongside Sakho as opposed to playing alongside Lovren at LCB. Sakho obviously far more assured and better positionally, he doesn't leave those enormous gaps for teams to exploit down the inside left channel like Lovren which helps out the full back massively, I seem to remember Carra & Neville going into great detail on this a few months back.

Moreno is inconsistent at present and has a few areas he needs to work on as you'd expect of any young player, particularly one playing in defence. However, I think he's shown enough with Sevilla (3 caps for the Spanish national team before his 21st birthday doesn't just happen by itself) & at times with us to indicate he's got a future at the club. Definitely has the talent.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Thread for the painful Sterlol 'saga'. The transfer thread is full of this sh*t and that spurs flog melting over city and chelsea.

95% of us know he's gawwwwwwwwn and the only question is how much City want to troll Pool. Personally i hope they wait for Sterling to enact the Webster Ruling and then at Raheem's first City press conference he'll praise Aidy Ward for being a man of 'great character' who went beyond the call of duty and put his Raheems interests ahead of Pools'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back