Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Ross Lyon? 4 grand finals zero premierships.

They only award the cup once a year so 3 real ones.

2 with a team that many (i reckon any) other coaches would have struggled to make the 8 with.

Turned the Dockers (in a short space of time) from flaky bunch of underachievers into a rock solid outfit.

Will he win a flag? There are no guarantees. But you've got to get there to win it, he gets you there.

Right now shaking off the label of incompetence and being considered a serious club by MAKING a GF would almost be enough to get this club back on its feet.

We are so far off it, it's not even a dream.

But given the myopic nature of our admin I seriously doubt they would consider a guy who lives in some magical far off place called Perth and so would target a guy a suburb or two away called Clarkson.

No chance of either I would think..

Interesting. I've got no issue with the club approaching Clarko or Lyon but there is absolutely no chance they'll come. Not remotely interested in anyone else currently coaching except maybe Roos. But again, no chance.

To the untried coach depository!

Only interested in speaking with 1 coach currently at another club. We are pretty certain he won't come, and that we will be taking an untried coach.

Expecting to see only 2/3 current coaching staff to be kept on board at years end. Most of "Mick's men" won't be at the club, Laidley the only one likely to stay.

#bluemour
Thanks for that.
So basically if this existing coach says yes, there'll be no more speaking to other candidates? So basically just more messiah thinking.
Or maybe it means that a process of apeaking to prospective coaches will still occur but it will include a coach at another club

personally would hope all the coaches are gone and we get a fresh start, but realistically seems Barker is rated within the club (pass the puke bag) and will probably stay... And I had such high hopes for Laidley but from the outside have seen no impact from his coaching.

For me would really like to give Bolton a chance, he's done a wonderful apprenticeship, has been in a successful side for a while and has impacted their success. His demeanour would be wonderful breath of fresh air opposed to our recent grumble bum coach. Else I'd really love to give Ratten a second chance, I feel it could be Parkin-esque bringing him back.

Ross lyon, clarko?
Looked at this earlier - possibly add Longmire to the mix??!? Wouldn't think any of the others would become available or would suit our purpose - although a Freo type coup to steal Ken Hinkley would be handy.

Clarko for sure.
After he called the club toxic on Sunday? Do we want another coach who is completely at odds with the board?

Don't get me wrong, I think Clarkson is undeniably one of the best coaches of the last 20 years, I just can't see us targetting him. I can see us targetting Lyon, but that fills me with dread, and suggests that the board dont actually think we are truely rebuilding.

After he called the club toxic on Sunday? Do we want another coach who is completely at odds with the board?

Don't get me wrong, I think Clarkson is undeniably one of the best coaches of the last 20 years, I just can't see us targetting him. I can see us targetting Lyon, but that fills me with dread, and suggests that the board dont actually think we are truely rebuilding.

I didn't Clarko him say that.
Might be his way of saying to stay away from him.

Not sure on Lyon either. He comes in when the list has been built to try and win the flag. Would much prefer us to go for an assistant from a strong club.

I didn't Clarko him say that.
Might be his way of saying to stay away from him.

I didn't Clarko him saying it either. I Clarko'd him saying the atmosphere is toxic. We cracked a window and that atmosphere cleared. Don't think he'd want the job though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what?

Clarko - verb - to listen intently while secretly containing the urge to hit somebody or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back