List Mgmt. Mark Blicavs CONFIRMED RE-SIGNED

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading that they've extended Blicavs contract has made my day. Hawkins has already said publicly he's re-signing with the Cats, so everyone chill about that. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they traded Motlop because I find him a bit of a downhill skier.
Probably because he is a downhill skier.

Motlop doesn't have the see ball get ball mentality and that really frustrates me, he waits for the ball to be handed to him on a platter or waits outside the packs and that's why he looks lazy which I think he is, if he actually went in and got his own ball the perception would be different, id be quite happy to let him go to Richmond for a decent price. Blicavs is a star already, with his fitness base he could play well into his 30's i think, lets just pray that he stays injury free because at the moment he is our most important player.

Motlop doesn't have the see ball get ball mentality and that really frustrates me, he waits for the ball to be handed to him on a platter or waits outside the packs and that's why he looks lazy which I think he is, if he actually went in and got his own ball the perception would be different, id be quite happy to let him go to Richmond for a decent price. Blicavs is a star already, with his fitness base he could play well into his 30's i think, lets just pray that he stays injury free because at the moment he is our most important player.

As long as Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan, Taylor and Lonergan aren't playing that statement might have a chance of being true.

As long as Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan, Taylor and Lonergan aren't playing that statement might have a chance of being true.

Selwood and Hawkins are out of form, Duncan is injured, Taylor and Lonergan have been solid but Blicavs has been consistently excellent, I stand by my opinion.

His composure is visibly improving. He was quite fumbly and grabby (not really a word but i like it) early on but he is becoming more comfortable in the clinches.

The more we see of him the more Wells picking him first in 2013 seems justified.
Agree totally with the composure comment hbk_aus. You can see him transitioning into the MF and having a strong impact in 2016. Fantastic skills and decision making - have liked him since day 1

I was worried about how his career was going to evolve this year. I'd say he has proven me wrong but that wouldn't be accurate. He has proven me VERY wrong. He is already a nightmare for our opposition. He may well have them scratching heads for the rest of his career.

Last edited:
Some interesting stats regarding Blicavs' season thus far:

- Currently 4th at the club for total possessions (behind Selwood, Enright and Johnson).
- 9th for average possessions per game (behind Selwood, Motlop, Enright, Duncan, Johnson, Thurlow, Stokes and Kelly).
- 2nd in total hitouts behind Stanley.
- 3rd in total tackles behind Selwood and Guthrie.
- 3rd in total clearances behind Selwood and Caddy.
- 2nd in total contested possessions behind Selwood.
- 2nd in total contested marks behind Hawkins.
- 3rd in total 1%ers behind Taylor and Rivers.

Bloody decent effort that.

- Currently 4th at the club for total possessions (behind Selwood, Enright and Johnson).
- 9th for average possessions per game (behind Selwood, Motlop, Enright, Duncan, Johnson, Thurlow, Stokes and Kelly).

Sign that bloke up to an improved contract!

....Oh, right. Good oh!

Fair effort that… and by fair I mean bloody fantastic.

Look at the names he is associated with in each list.

Just sensational. Just goes to show that high draft pick is not always needed to be successful . And Blitz is about as anti high a pick as you can get…

Just sensational stuff.

GO Catters

Looking at that and then looking over the past 8 weeks of MVP votes on here, coaches votes etc...

would you say a very high finish in the B&F could be on the cards, early call I know but can't think of too many better than him so far this season.

Will be interesting to see if he snags a brownlow vote or two for his work in recent rounds.

Some players seem to attract votes easier than others, and if blitz is one of them he might get close somewhere along the line.

Will be interesting to see if he snags a brownlow vote or two for his work in recent rounds.

Some players seem to attract votes easier than others, and if blitz is one of them he might get close somewhere along the line.

He absolutely would have. He is very noticeable. Taps, contested possessions, tackles and then contested marks. He has been a big impact player.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange that they can get his deal done so quickly, but not Hawkins or Motlop.

Not really. One is a young guy who is coming good after being a very speculative pick. The other two are established superstars.

There are so many variations of contract negotiations that there is no real standard version or ability to read into what it means for a club or player to delay talks - to an extent.

Selwood and Hawkins are out of form, Duncan is injured, Taylor and Lonergan have been solid but Blicavs has been consistently excellent, I stand by my opinion.
No they aren't. Again, somebody basing output on disposal count.

And then add this:

Since he has played midfield (about rnd 3)
We have won about 65% of centre clearances when he is in there.
And only about 30% when he is not.

It's the biggest differential in the league.

He has won 59 taps being third man up. Clearly the best in the league with 2nd being on 18.

And then add this:

Since he has played midfield (about rnd 3)
We have won about 65% of centre clearances when he is in there.
And only about 30% when he is not.

It's the biggest differential in the league.

He has won 59 taps being third man up. Clearly the best in the league with 2nd being on 18.
Make no mistake, he's a star.

You only need to watch him closely to realise the influence he's having.

I dare say it... He may be a surprise B&F winner this season and may even currently be in the lead.

I actually haven't even looked at disposal counts, i go by what i see and at the moment Blicavs seems to be everywhere, just an opinion, don't get your back up about it.
My response was to your suggestion that both Hawkins and Selwood are out of form... They simply aren't.

He is vying for all australian when in form. Do you think he is at that level this year? His season hasn't been a shadow on last years or 2012.
He's playing a vastly different role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back