Preview Round 9: Richmond v Essendon Saturday 30 May 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got very little out of Matt White and PA are getting little out of him now. He's a bum and always been one.
He has never ever been capable of finding enough ball, and to this day his ball use remains ordinary.

Here's the thing. Port lost by 8 goals to Brisbane the week before, so I dare say that pressure may want to lift a few notches to get over us.

We're playing alot better the past fortnight, as are you blokes.

Could be a goal either way.

Yeah, nah

If you watched the Port game last week, our pressure was absolutely immense. Port came out extremely intense and actually carried that most of the way through the game. We just managed the handle it better.

Their game against brisbane is a moot point as their pressure was non existent in that game, as they admitted themselves.

I dont know where all this confidence is coming from after you beat the lions, you played one half of decent footy. Dont forget we absolutely smashed the lions on their home deck.

Yeah, nah

If you watched the Port game last week, our pressure was absolutely immense. Port came out extremely intense and actually carried that most of the way through the game. We just managed the handle it better.

Their game against brisbane is a moot point as their pressure was non existent in that game, as they admitted themselves.

I dont know where all this confidence is coming from after you beat the lions, you played one half of decent footy. Dont forget we absolutely smashed the lions on their home deck.
Dw. Richmond only ever beat sides when they are in a form slump ;)

Doesn't change the fact he wasn't much good for us and couldn't cement a side in the seniors in years. Can't blame us for shopping him around.

The premise of the player comparison in the article is flawed. So Matt White racks up the most fantasy points per 30 possessions. Sounds great until you take into account his average disposal count of 13 per game which means it takes him 2 and a half games to get there! It's dumb.
It's the quality of his 30 possessions not fantasy points you're thinking of SC and DT
You're confusing the three concepts
If it was all about possessions Morris would be playing in the North Pole
with his average of 5 and -5.6 m gain to advantage:$

Last edited:
It's the quality of his 30 possessions not fantasy points you're thinking of SC and DT

Yeah, Matty White is a gun :rolleyes:

I liked him, he would still be a fringe player at the RFC, doing the odd nice thing and having some long runs and kicking the odd nice goal, grabbing the jumper and then disappearing for qtrs and games on end.

Regardless of the concepts, it still takes Matty 2 and half games to rack 30 possies, regardless of their quality. He was absolutely insipid against us last week.... Happy to have Menadue in the side developing rather than Matty on the list.... Mind you could say the same thing about rather having White than Newy, Petterd, Gordon etc

Matt White isn't a dud, and I'd still like him at rfc

The only issue is the few people who were calling him elite. He was never in a bulls roar of being elite

Charles took an anabolic steroid from memory - Bolderone or something like that.... He is a drug cheat. he also admitted taking it and copped his right whack despite there not being a anti-doping policy at the time.

Essendon players have not admitted to taking a substance that was confirmed banned at the time (well done ASADA on their dodgy and incorrect advice), there have been no positive tests and more importantly nobody has yet found them guilty. The public don't know, they suspect (just like I do) foul play but until it is proven, they are innocent....

Anyway, hope we turn around our poor Dreamtime form and have a good win! 1 point or more will do for me....
The fact that they say they don't know what they were injecting them in the court of law is enough in anyones language to be proven guilty. Btw that court will be called WADA.
Also don't forget Our west coast recruit was never positively tested but was found guilty. Anyway the sooner this finishes the better for the game.

Yeah, Matty White is a gun :rolleyes:

I liked him, he would still be a fringe player at the RFC, doing the odd nice thing and having some long runs and kicking the odd nice goal, grabbing the jumper and then disappearing for qtrs and games on end.

Regardless of the concepts, it still takes Matty 2 and half games to rack 30 possies, regardless of their quality. He was absolutely insipid against us last week.... Happy to have Menadue in the side developing rather than Matty on the list.... Mind you could say the same thing about rather having White than Newy, Petterd, Gordon etc

This was my point to the ridiculous comments add Morris
It would take him 6 games to achieve 30 possies and more based on meterage gained.
Matty is still the highest ranked midfielder that has an impact with his possies.
Now for the lat time its not always quantity ,but quality.Guys like Matty will burn you often enough if they get the footy in their hands

lol what happend to him.. was a very important member in ports 22 last year.. now he seems to be that same White that just hung around on our list.. flash in the pan?

I like Matty White and I am certainly not going to bag him. In fairness I think he is carrying an injury.

What those stats don't take into account is how a player gets his possessions. In White's case, he mostly receives handballs or has the ball kicked in front of him to run onto with nothing but grass ahead of him. He gets a shot at an open goal or the chance to kick long to more grass for a team-mate to run onto. Great for enhancing the 'quality' judgement of his touches. But he needs someone else to get the ball for him first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What those stats don't take into account is how a player gets his possessions. In White's case, he mostly receives handballs or has the ball kicked in front of him to run onto with nothing but grass ahead of him. He gets a shot at an open goal or the chance to kick long to more grass for a team-mate to run onto. Great for enhancing the 'quality' judgement of his touches. But he needs someone else to get the ball for him first.
That's his role as what a run and carry player should do

What I like about the side we have picked in the past 2 weeks and this week. It has an eye to the future. Puts paid to all the rubbish and bullshit that Hardwick is coaching for the now to save his job.

Corey Ellis, Connor Menadue, Liam McBean.
He's put a bit of faith in the kids and so far it's paying off.
Much better than seeing Nathan Gordon, Matt Thomas and Sam Lloyd run around.
If Drummond hadn't done his knee, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team also.
Looks like the 2014 draft was a good one for us.

If Drummond hadn't done his knee, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team also.
yep Gordon lloyd thomas are all no good..as well as Arnot....keep playing the talented kids not the list clogging duds..

It almost makes any loss semi acceptable (if we show heart and effort). I would much rather have 3 young kids playing and getting experience in a loss, than 3 mature age players with no improvement left in them.

Think about how much it will benefit us next year if guys like Menadue, Ellis and McBean have 10-12 games each under their belts. They will go into next season full of confidence and we will have 3 kids playing who have mountains of improvement left, but they wont be struggling with the speed of AFL because theyve experienced it.

It almost makes any loss semi acceptable (if we show heart and effort). I would much rather have 3 young kids playing and getting experience in a loss, than 3 mature age players with no improvement left in them.

Think about how much it will benefit us next year if guys like Menadue, Ellis and McBean have 10-12 games each under their belts. They will go into next season full of confidence and we will have 3 kids playing who have mountains of improvement left, but they wont be struggling with the speed of AFL because theyve experienced it.
yep spot on...play the quality kids will increase the depth...no more gifting games to thomas and the like...they are just not good enough....they hav been used to plug holes when we have injuries..i would much prefer to get experience into the talent in the young kids...a turd rolled in glitter is still a turd... no more trying to make our duds look good....

In our most recent 2 wins against the Pies and the Power, we have been younger than both teams.
Both of those clubs claim to have 'very young' lists, but ours is just as young and inexperienced.
If we can maintain winning form with this group of players, it will go a long way.
I'd like to see McBean given an extended run at senior football, but his body probably isn't ready for it yet.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather see the 22 be selected on who is most likely to win us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back