Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Maybe someone should start a Gippsland North Melbourne supporters club. We would have at least 2 members!
I used to live there but would never go back:D

FWIW, if you are around 40ish, i probably know you. I spent a lot of years in Warragul and a hell of a lot of them were in the Commercial, Railway and the Club lol

So BJ had 2 ineffective disposals against freo?

I was pretty boozed at the game but I remember cursing and shaking my head more than two times from BJ disposals.

He was horrendous and not AFL standard.

Maybe your prejudice overshadows reality.,

ArjenTheGreat

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2005
Arden St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McMillan still in, Arjen must be rolling in his grave.

Rolling in my 5,000,000 thread count, twisted egyptian cotton. But thanks for thinking of me.

He deserves his spot on last weeks almost quality performance.

Even Arjen couldn't have been calling for JMac to be dropped after last week!

You are talking about me right? And using logic? Common sense? Surely you know me better than that by now ;) i'm a feel poster, not a logic based mechanic.

I called for Gibbo's dropping last week on the basis that I predicted he would have a poor game based on the style of football played by the opposition. I wasn't wrong. He was poo. But whilst I wanted to tag all the Jmac future captain posters after he missed that Captains Goal,I couldnt be bothered. He was fine, should have kicked 3.

When Brad Scott employs my radical ideas about Pace, Skill, Talent, Dog campaignerness and all other Arjen approved premiership enabling metrics, I will be viewed as a visionary and a genius.

I am losing faith quickly though.

Last edited:

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
Bastinac. Atley. Mcdonald.

What could have happened is to drop mcdonald and wood on Thursday. Then leave Jacobs , Bastinac and reprieve wood to emergency after brown or Waite go out injured for daw.
In-daw swallow turner McMahon brown.
Out Jacobs mcdonald Waite(inj)wood Bastinac

This leaves atley one last chance. Bastinac is inconsistent with effort. Drop. McDonald is crying out for vfl. Waite is injured.
So if Luke goes out of the team tonight then Basti is the only difference to the side you would have picked.... And you are pissed at that??? Wow mate you are a hard marker.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
Rolling in my 5,000,000 thread count, twisted egyptian cotton. But thanks for thinking of me.

He deserves his spot on last weeks almost quality performance.
Holy crap!!! Well done... I was hoping that you would post something like this.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Am I the only one who thinks picking Loose is a good idea?

Lost weight, is performing in the Magoos, and has a ton of experience in marshalling the troops in the backline.

A few years ago, before he fell out of favour, I always felt confident when he was down back. He is a bloody good defender.

As for the 'game has passed him by'; no it hasn't. If the game had actually passed as many people by as is claimed then every player would be 6'6", run 100m in 10.00, never drop a mark and kick 75m goals with every second kick. It is a lazy way of articulating a poor argument.

18 months ago the same thing was said of Spud, that was a bad call and Loose imho will prove to be the same.

Am I the only one who thinks picking Loose is a good idea?

Lost weight, is performing in the Magoos, and has a ton of experience in marshalling the troops in the backline.

A few years ago, before he fell out of favour, I always felt confident when he was down back. He is a bloody good defender.

As for the 'game has passed him by'; no it hasn't. If the game had actually passed as many people by as is claimed then every player would be 6'6", run 100m in 10.00, never drop a mark and kick 75m goals with every second kick. It is a lazy way of articulating a poor argument.

18 months ago the same thing was said of Spud, that was a bad call and Loose imho will prove to be the same.

Not on your own at all.

Will be interesting to see how he goes if he is in the side on Sunday. Historically has normally taken a couple of games to get the speed of the game. However I can see him going straight back out of the side if he doesn't perform.

We have a bit of a revolving door at the moment.

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
But doesn't winning the next week justify not dropping half the side?

We have only lost 2 games in a row once in a year and 8 games. Just because supporters panic after a loss does not mean the match selectors should.

It doesn't when the same team loses another game by 10 goals or more a couple of weeks down the track.

Its all well and good that we generally respond well to losses however, the complacency after wins is disgraceful. I, and I would hope the players, coaching staff, and other supporters, am not content going WLWLWLWL for the rest of the season.

BowWow1978

All Australian
Feb 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I realise that.

Im not as confident going into this game as you are though.

Collingwood really only need a couple of things going their way to win. Win the mid field battle(which they should easily) and Cloke to have his usual game against us where we play him into form. Our forward line should win their battle, but getting it there with Pendles, Swan and Sidebottom is another story.

for the love of god can we negate Sidebottom this time!

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its pretty easy to see what is a major problem at our footy club.

If you look at the bamboozling selections each week, we consistently drop players who are in reasonable form case in point Jacobs and Wood, clearly not our worst last week.

Look at Sydney and Hawthorn this week.

Sydney drop Jake Lloyd who is a reasonable young player and they bring in Daniel Robinson who has been in excellent form in the reserves. In the case of Hawthorn they dropped Suckling who has had 2 poor weeks in a row and they also replace him with young 1st game player Daniel Howe who's been in great form in the VFL.

Clearly we gift games to guys that don't deserve them and Scotts has created this culture and we're paying for it. On another note why would you ever want to get rid of the shinboner spirit tag which is something we've drawn on for years and it's served us so well.

I can't wait until this clone is gone.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos

If you look at the bamboozling selections each week, we consistently drop players who are in reasonable form case in point Jacobs and Wood, clearly not our worst last week.

Sydney drop Jake Lloyd who is a reasonable young player and they bring in Daniel Robinson who has been in excellent form in the reserves. In the case of Hawthorn they dropped Suckling who has had 2 poor weeks in a row and they also replace him with young 1st game player Daniel Howe who's been in great form in the VFL.

Clearly we gift games to guys that don't deserve them and Scotts has created this culture and we're paying for it. On another note why would you ever want to get rid of the shinboner spirit tag which is something we've drawn on for years and it's served us so well.

and that is why they are both better coaches.

BowWow1978

All Australian
Feb 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like a cunning plan, But Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?

BTW would 100 cunning plans be a Cunnington?

Brad Scott wouldn't know a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "cunning plans are here again."

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby

I stopped reading when you said Wood wasn't our worst last week.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
I stopped reading when you said Wood wasn't our worst last week.

Why have you been so determined to single him out?

We lost by 12 goals and had a number of experienced players again underperform. Yep, Wood wasn't great and will look back and wish he'd gone at a few contests harder (as would a lot of sub-10 game kids) and he would obviously have been given the feedback and things to work on in the VFL. Yet every second post you have made this week has been pointing out how crap he was.

He is literally 50 pages down the list of current problems with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back