Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine Motlop with Betts :cry::cry::cry:
Zch2AWw.gif

A midfield of Dangerfield, Sloane, B. Crouch, M. Crouch, Smith and Douglas topped off with Sauce Jacobs doesn't form a "woefully inadequate midfield." Far from it.

You just listed 6 players, a midfield is 10 players - R, RR, C, 2xW, 3x Bench and two more rotating HFF/HFB. There's also only three A graders in there, and one might be leaving.

Needs at least one more A grader inserted to push down, two would be better, as the likes of Matt Crouch should be our 8th best, not our 6th. With pace preferably, as only Dangerfield and Smith of that group can be considered express pace.

Fix the midfield and, like Hawthorn with just Lake and Gibson, you won't even notice the lack of height in defence.

We have an elite KPF in Tex, an elite KPD in Talia, and a potential elite 2nd KPD in Lever. It's time to start spending our best picks on potential blue chip midfielders (quick ones), and trying to fill the KPP holes with later round/rookie picks, or Free Agency.

Motlop said on TFS tonight he loved watching Betts play yeah? Wonder how he'd feel about playing alongside him every week...

Appears to have serious, serious off field issues. Don't worry, I'm all for motlop and is one of the few players Id take for Danger, supremely talented no doubt.

But would he fit in with Phil Walsh and this new thing we've got going? I'm not sure the club would be as keen.

You just listed 6 players, a midfield is 10 players - R, RR, C, 2xW, 3x Bench and two more rotating HFF/HFB. There's also only three A graders in there, and one might be leaving.

Needs at least one more A grader inserted to push down, two would be better, as the likes of Matt Crouch should be our 8th best, not our 6th. With pace preferably, as only Dangerfield and Smith of that group can be considered express pace.

Fix the midfield and, like Hawthorn with just Lake and Gibson, you won't even notice the lack of height in defence

I agree that we need another midfielder with pace, but not necessarily an A grader, maybe jhigh B grader, e.g. Brad hill
also if you include sauce that's 4 A graders, how do fremantle and hawthorn have?

You don't include the ruckman. Part of a different argument.

The Hawks have Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne, Rioli, and some might also argue Shiels and Smith

The Dockers have Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Neale

Sydney has Jack, Hannebury, Parker, Kennedy, McVeigh

Adelaide has Dangerfield, Sloane, Smith

You don't include the ruckman. Part of a different argument.

The Hawks have Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne, Rioli, and some might also argue Shiels and Smith

The Dockers have Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Neale

Sydney has Jack, Hannebury, Parker, Kennedy, McVeigh

Adelaide has Dangerfield, Sloane, Smith
Have you completely written off B. Crouch becoming elite or just haven't seen enough?

Daniel Pearce is pretty freakin handy, I reckon.

I would expect Brad Crouch to become a recognised A-grader pretty quickly if he can get and stay fit.

Our midfield desperately needs pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B Crouch is a star, how anyone can suggest otherwise is astounding.

By taking the type of player he is and comparing it to the benchmark required to be a "star". Being pretty good at everything but super at nothing does not a star make.

The deliberately ignorant comments about a Westies game a few years ago stem from a number of people calling for Crouch to be an in, and me relating from my brother who was at the Westies game that day that Crouch had been poor and not earned selection that week. Nothing more. The chattering sorts like to whip out that false little chestnut when they don't have anything useful to say.

Last edited:
By taking the type of player he is and comparing it to the benchmark required to be a "star". Being pretty good at everything but super at nothing does not a star make.

The deliberately ignorant comments about a Westies game a few years ago stem from a number of people calling for Crouch to be an in, and me relating from my brother who was at the Westies game that day that Crouch had been poor and not earned selection that week. Nothing more. The chattering sorts like to whip out that false little chestnut when they don't have anything useful to say.
Statistics tell 1 story, a story which is fine, but not the complete one.

simply watching Crouch play against his peers would give most judges a clear understanding of why he is considered so highly.

Statistics tell 1 story, a story which is fine, but not the complete one.

simply watching Crouch play against his peers would give most judges a clear understanding of why he is considered so highly.

I have seen him play, many times. He's clearly in our best 22 but I'm not as impressed with him as most are. Good generalist without any standout weapons, another Tyson Edwards or Richard Douglas. Not a star.

T
I have seen him play, many times. He's clearly in our best 22 but I'm not as impressed with him as most are. Good generalist without any standout weapons, another Tyson Edwards or Richard Douglas. Not a star.
Tyson Edwards = Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back