Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen him play, many times. He's clearly in our best 22 but I'm not as impressed with him as most are. Good generalist without any standout weapons, another Tyson Edwards or Richard Douglas. Not a star.

To be fair, you are pretty hard to impress. Being a hard marker doesn't make you right, it just makes you want more evidence.

I have seen him play, many times. He's clearly in our best 22 but I'm not as impressed with him as most are. Good generalist without any standout weapons, another Tyson Edwards or Richard Douglas. Not a star.
fair enough each to their own.

personally I think Dougie is better than Edwards but Crouch is far superior to either. He clerly has weapons perhaps not tangible ones like a long kick or extereme pace but composure, ball use and evasion are up there with the best I've seen.

If he can overcome injury, will be the best Crows player since Roo.

Appears to have serious, serious off field issues. Don't worry, I'm all for motlop and is one of the few players Id take for Danger, supremely talented no doubt.

But would he fit in with Phil Walsh and this new thing we've got going? I'm not sure the club would be as keen.
Apart from the drinking that one time, what other things has he done? He's not in the christensen mould is he?:D

You're obsessed with the symptoms and ignoring the illness.

A better midfield and not only does Schulz see the ball less, it doesn't come in to him so easy and pressure-free. All a better KPD does is transfer a couple of Schulz' goals to his small forwards or on-running mids.

Even with all our missing best 22 back in, our midfield is not good enough to win a premiership.
Yeah... nah. The fact is that we have major deficiencies in both areas. Our lack of a viable 2nd KPP defender is the biggest single hole in our team list. Getting our hands on some top quality midfielders is very, very important, but it's second in priority to the KPP defender.

If were serious about a tilt at the flag in 17 we need to keep sloane and danger and either draft/trade in some ready made outside mids and some kpp. Any of these players at the end of this year would be a big step in the right direction.
Dixon, Carlisle, L.Henderson, Rance, Day, Luenberger, Tarrant, H.Grundy.
Yarran, Motlop, B.Hill.
Hampton, Aish.

Yeah... nah. The fact is that we have major deficiencies in both areas. Our lack of a viable 2nd KPP defender is the biggest single hole in our team list. Getting our hands on some top quality midfielders is very, very important, but it's second in priority to the KPP defender.
Thats where we miss phil davis.

Yep, a second Key Defender is DEFINITELY the priority.

We've seen how our defence has been caught on the hop this season compared to how water-tight we were last season with Talia-Rutten.

Need to recapture that 2014 structure. I hope we use our first rounder on another tall defender.

We've seen how our defence has been caught on the hop this season compared to how water-tight we were last season with Talia-Rutten.

Need to recapture that 2014 structure. I hope we use our first rounder on another tall defender.

I know I am still pitching from a couple of pages ago but we made a mistake not grabbing Mitch Brown as a delisted free agent last year. He absolutely ticks all your boxes

Failed forward- Tick

Big Enough- Tick

Can kick- Tick

doesn't s**t himself with ball in hand - Tick tick

I know we backed Harto in this year but we could have had a back up plan which was a little better than put Cheney on the second tall. Brown looked the goods playing for the drug cheats this year in the NAB and wasn't bad at all as a KPD for Geelong, just they have a few ahead of him. This year we need to be into him or get Tarrant to fill that gap and use the first on a mid ( or possibly a third tall defender)

I know I am still pitching from a couple of pages ago but we made a mistake not grabbing Mitch Brown as a delisted free agent last year. He absolutely ticks all your boxes

Failed forward- Tick

Big Enough- Tick

Can kick- Tick

doesn't s**t himself with ball in hand - Tick tick

I know we backed Harto in this year but we could have had a back up plan which was a little better than put Cheney on the second tall. Brown looked the goods playing for the drug cheats this year in the NAB and wasn't bad at all as a KPD for Geelong, just they have a few ahead of him. This year we need to be into him or get Tarrant to fill that gap and use the first on a mid ( or possibly a third tall defender)

The question you need to ask is why didn't anyone else take him ?

It was like the people that judged the best player on the ground for Grand Finals didn't rate a run with player as highly as the coaching panel for Port did when they rated their players for the B&F

Everyone likes a Maserati and not a reliable Kingswood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel that's sarcastic...

We have 2 KP defenders that were first round draft picks .... Think we desperately need a talented mid that does it all inside / outside or if there is a standout key fwd grab them ....get another key def in trade or later in draft

The question you need to ask is why didn't anyone else take him ?

Essendon will this year ( obviously they will need to when 20 spots on their list suddenly become available). There will always be players that will slip out of the system and once you get to 23, you become a bit of a pariah in the system. I'm not saying he will be the next Talia but given we knew how light on we were for KPD strength would it have been more prudent to have traded one of our plethora of inside mids not getting game time and picked him up for free?

We are in a pretty shitty spot at the moment as far as KPD strength goes, hoping for an injury plagued backman to come up roses as we have absolutely no confidence in the other one to play AFL football. ometimes giving big men a second chance can pay big time

Alright, that is it, you are on ignore.

I will not stand for you trying to up Kane to the status of Kingswood, he is more a Leyland P74. :)

BTW, Kingswoods were never really reliable, just heaps easy to work on and fix...still miss my HZ

I liken him to a beaten up Valiant. Lucky to still have tyres

Did you ever see Edwards play? How could you possibly be talking down Tyson's career ???

How long does someone such as Mitch Brown stay an unrestricted free agent?

Cameron Giles (Carlton) just popped up in the late mail feed. Apparently returning to training in 3 weeks after a year off with a navicular injury.

195cm defender.
39 in the 2013 draft.

Is he any good? Would be cheap as.

What do you mean by late mail? that we are interested in him?

Taaha SportsWears
Dear Sir/Madam,
We are professional sublimation sportswear manufacturer,We can custom made using your own graphic design 100% polyester, OEM service, free custom design, no color, sizes and styles limit, digital sublimated print ,no fading. Our price is very competitive because we are manufacture, we are the source. Products covers AFL,SOCCERS,RUGBY,ICE HOCKEY,CYCLING,CRICKET, BASKETBALL,HODDIES…ETC. More details, let us talk.
Hope to do business with you.
Faithfully yours, TAAHA Fighting Wears (SINCE 1995)
21 / 414 Majid Pura Sialkot-51310-Pakistan.
Ph# : + 92-52-4580913
Mobile:-+92-342-5553776
Fax:- +92-52-4588547
email:- taahafighting@gmail.com

Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back