Play Nice Adam Goodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it in here - discussion of all things Adam Goodes.

Please note - any racist or offensive posting will see an immediate infraction. Any trolling or abuse will also see an immediate infraction. Try and keep it on topic as to what occurred tonight.

You have been warned, so don't complain if a main board moderator infracts you.

Play nice.

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
on a weekend when people are meant to be coming together, he makes a stupid, selfish gesture which does nothing but separate people and push people apart.

Can only imagine that someone like Michael Long would be pretty embarrassed about this

We wouldn't even be having this discussion/debate if he'd just play the bloody game

Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Bills, Ducks, Leafs
I would just like to point out that he wasn't throwing a spear at anyone. Clearly, he was brandishing it, and shaking it about in his war dance, but at no stage was it thrown. Subtle difference, but one many seem to be missing, including the commentators. Agree it was probably something that was premeditated, but I enjoyed it. * 'em!

SeaWind

Team Captain
Suspended
May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Put it in here - discussion of all things Adam Goodes.

Please note - any racist or offensive posting will see an immediate infraction. Any trolling or abuse will also see an immediate infraction. Try and keep it on topic as to what occurred tonight.

You have been warned, so don't complain if a main board moderator infracts you.

Play nice.

What is racist or offensive? Is it the sydney supporter's definition? If you have the opinion that the boos are warranted, does that immediately get you infracted?

How about a rule for those Sydney supporters falsely labeling people racists? If it's wrong to be calling them stupid, surely it's even worse for them to falsely accuse others of a criminal offense.

MUYB

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
on a weekend when people are meant to be coming together, he makes a stupid, selfish gesture which does nothing but separate people and push people apart.

Can only imagine that someone like Michael Long would be pretty embarrassed about this
Who's going to be pushed apart by that? You personally offended by it for some reason?

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
loved the dance. man can do what he likes. shouldn't upset anyone. if he had a spear in his hand it might be different
He can do the dance if he wants sure....but then he can't come out and cry about the fans booing him....he's just a massive flog

What is racist or offensive? Is it the sydney supporter's definition? If you have the opinion that the boos are warranted, does that immediately get you infracted?

How about a rule for those Sydney supporters falsely labeling people racists? If it's wrong to be calling them stupid, surely it's even worse for them to falsely accuse others of a criminal offense.

Report them. Complain about moderation practices via PM if you wish.

Get back on thread.

MUYB

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
He can do the dance if he wants sure....but then he can't come out and cry about the fans booing him....he's just a massive flog
Why would you feel like booing him for that? Gee can't imagine why you'd have a problem with someone showing some black pride. Gotta put those uppity aboriginals back in their place eh

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
I predict this thread will close in 3 pages. ;)

I predict 300 pages over the next week and no Hawthorn fans left on the main board ;)

I think recent media coverage of the booing combined with it being indigenous round mostly contributed to his celebration tonight, not particularly offensive but the moment got to him and it's something I don't think he would do again in the same situation. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it wasn't premeditated.

Liger

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
loved the dance. man can do what he likes. shouldn't upset anyone. if he had a spear in his hand it might be different

I hope someone does one of those lightsaber gifs with it.
light-saber-cat.gif

tesselate_

Team Captain
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
People claiming that Goodes is inciting some fans by a show of indigenous pride.

Same people claiming that crowd isn't racist.

Weird how someone who isn't racist would get incited or offended by a show of indigenous pride
Uhhh, he mimed throwing a spear at them; obviously an aggressive gesture. What do you expect them to do? Cheer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back