Play Nice Adam Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you feel like booing him for that? Gee can't imagine why you'd have a problem with someone showing some black pride. Gotta put those uppity aboriginals back in their place eh

What is wrong with booing a player all of a sudden, Ballantyne gets booed every week, so did Jeff Farmer, so did Josh Carr.

People are booing him because he is a massive tosser, he outed that young girl last year in full glare of the media spotlight on the big stage. He could easily have had a word at halftime or whatever.

He is an attention whore

Australia is a racist country - fact. The booing of Adam Goodes is a manifestation of the casual racism & tall-poppy syndrome (that is another matter in itself) in Australia. I have no doubt that you casual racists boo him because you think he is a tosser, what concerns me is why you think he is a tosser...

Indigenous man takes pride in his heritage and does a traditional war-cry tribute and a concerning amount of people scream "flog". People, try and dress that up any way other for me...

I don't boo anyone.

But he's a tosser.

The booing of Adam Goodes is a manifestation of the casual racism & tall-poppy syndrome (that is another matter in itself) in Australia. I have no doubt that you casual racists boo him because you think he is a tosser, what concerns me is why you think he is a tosser...

Indigenous man takes pride in his heritage and does a traditional war-cry tribute and a concerning amount of people scream "flog". People, try and dress that up any way other for me...

Completely naive and rubbish post tbh

Are you kidding me? The dance was freaking awesome! Would love to see more of that s**t. The haka has a huge place in sports and it was great to see something like that in our game.
Ok so the Haka, is performed (most times) correctly and with passion BEFORE the game, directed at the opposition NOT the crowd as a form of intimidation. What Adam did was a piss poor attempt aimed directly at the crowd to stir up sh*t. Sorry not having a go at you just relying to your Haka comment.

Not watching the game because, you know, Carlton...But just saw the celebration. * me man...Seriously. Is there a bigger "LOOK AT ME!!! PLEASE LOOK AT ME!!" guy in AFL history?

Just a heads up guys. Indigenous Aussie dances are not all war dances in fact very few are. What Goodes did was a staple of many dances that are used from anything to traditional greetings to birthdays. Relax.

He did throw an imaginary spear at the opposition fans- some birthday greeting.

I might be incorrect but isn't there an AFL rule against giving it to opposition supporters.
i reckon you probably are incorrect based on what we've seen in recent years. It's common to act up and give it to the fans and "shh" them etc. Hawkins taunting the Bombers fans last year were great signs

Are you kidding me? The dance was freaking awesome! Would love to see more of that s**t. The haka has a huge place in sports and it was great to see something like that in our game.

I think it's the context it was in, I mean was he aiming it at the Carlton fans ?
Was he OVER celebrating a regulation passage of play that resulted in the simple goal ?

It probably was a tribal dance, to me it looked more like he was antagonising the opposition fans in the goal area.

I do agree we need more things like it, the Haka is awesome live and I'm not even a NZ person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a heads up guys. Indigenous Aussie dances are not all war dances in fact very few are. What Goodes did was a staple of many dances that are used from anything to traditional greetings to birthdays. Relax.
Frustrating that people can be so ignorant.

There are many dances, that vary from tribe to tribe, region and family, that change over time and depending on season, or locale. It's a way of communicating and of passing on history.

Adam Goodes certainly has an agenda going on, i'm just baffled as to what he is actually wanting to achieve? Why has this round been hijacked yet again? This indigenous round has been tarnished in bizarre circumstances and all the talk will be about what went on in the crowd and not about celebrating the achievements of some of our greatest players. More importantly the AFL must schedule the Tigers V Bombers dreamtime match on a Friday night in future. I'm switching over to the Entourage marathon on Fox, Ari's going ballistic over there....

I like the fact he did it. Adds to the drama, discussion etc.

I think he's trying hard to be a leader in indigenous affairs but unfortunately has little charisma. I think he means well and is putting himself out there. Kudos for that. But unfortunately his demeanour/personality isn't quite there. Great footballer. Passionate. But awkward.

He strikes me as pretty dumb.

I think he knew what this round is about and chose to put the issue on the front page of the paper tomorrow.
Yeah I have to say I agree. Personally I find that a bit disappointing, but the fact that it WILL probably make the front pages does validate his decision somewhat. I'm not comfortable with the game being used as a vehicle, but that doesn't take away from the fact that racism is still a societal issue.

He's crashed Bigfooty.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back