Analysis Adam Goodes - the gentle art of making enemies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long & Monkhorst going to walk out together before the footy tomorrow night = terrific stuff an example of reconciliation

Goodesy says he can't be friends with Eddie again = terrific stuff an example of reconciliation hindering the cause of reconciliation

Long & Monkhorst going to walk out together before the footy tomorrow night = terrific stuff an example of reconciliation

Goodesy says he can't be friends with Eddie again = terrific stuff an example of reconciliation hindering the cause of reconciliation

Who would want to be friends with the low life?

Rohan Connolly has gone on another anti hawthorn meltdown.

Like sacked coaches, racism sells papers and clicks

For a racist club Im fairly certain that Rioli and Franklin merchandise has been the best sellers for the Hawks.

It's funny really. Apparently my motivation for disliking Goodes is because I'm racist. From a boy, my favourite all time cricketer is Garfield Sobers. If he walked into my home tonight I would almost drop to my knees in admiration. The best off spinner I've ever seen is Bishen Bedi. Greatest left arm quick, Wasim Akram. Best modern day batsman, Brian Lara, what a wonderful batsman.

I loved watching the dominant West Indies cricket team in the 70s and 80s. I loved to watch aboriginal footballer David Kantilla as a boy, he was wonderful. My favourite basketball players, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, James Worthy, the list is endless. Love watching Tiger Woods play golf. As a lad, one of my favourite tennis players was Arthur Ashe. In my working environment, I enjoy the company of several aboriginal people, one in particular I work closely with and value her input.

The list goes on and on, you get the point. However, apparently the reason I don't like Goodes is because I'm racist. There can be no other reason according to the media. How narrow minded is that.

And you know what? Hawthorn are so proud we have 70,000 members, well how about the club stick up for its membership and make a statement to the media. We don't need to condone the booing, but I think we should attack the media for insinuating our members are racist. I'm rather offended by the media's accusations and I think the club should do something about it.
I thought the same thing re club statement though glad they have not. We have enough issues right now with W/Ls and happy to see the club only focused on the things we can control. It's just a distraction at the end of the day and best to leave it be and let others do the fighting.

Has Erin Reily or whatever her name is written an article about this yet or does she only write em when she throws her toys out of the cot after Sydney lose ?

It's funny really. Apparently my motivation for disliking Goodes is because I'm racist. From a boy, my favourite all time cricketer is Garfield Sobers. If he walked into my home tonight I would almost drop to my knees in admiration. The best off spinner I've ever seen is Bishen Bedi. Greatest left arm quick, Wasim Akram. Best modern day batsman, Brian Lara, what a wonderful batsman.

I loved watching the dominant West Indies cricket team in the 70s and 80s. I loved to watch aboriginal footballer David Kantilla as a boy, he was wonderful. My favourite basketball players, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, James Worthy, the list is endless. Love watching Tiger Woods play golf. As a lad, one of my favourite tennis players was Arthur Ashe. In my working environment, I enjoy the company of several aboriginal people, one in particular I work closely with and value her input.

The list goes on and on, you get the point. However, apparently the reason I don't like Goodes is because I'm racist. There can be no other reason according to the media. How narrow minded is that.
The most amazing thing is we suddenly decided to be racist.

Has Erin Reily or whatever her name is written an article about this yet or does she only write em when she throws her toys out of the cot after Sydney lose ?

She should hook up with Robbo. Can share bras, lay in bed eating twinkies together and talk about how racist Hawthorn fans are.

Just got back to the country after a month away to find out im racist. Id like to thank the media for once again telling me what i am and how to think and why something is good or bad cos otherwise i would never have a thought of my own. Caro is such a voice for the people, if she says its racist then cmon, i mean, c'mon. Hows the sarcasm mater? Usually i dont mind Caro as much as the others but to say because sydeny think its racist then that makes it racist. Pull your head out your ass and stop trying to go the most pc route. Speak the truth. Ive been reading this thread while ive been away and most posters have covered my thoughts. Being that if i want to boo goodes i will cos hes a campaigner doesnt matter his skin colour. He twists things to suit his agenda, doesnt make him very likeable. He dives, he snipes more than anyone. The moment i saw him shake his finger at an umpire soccer style he was done in my books. I thought he was great dueling with Judd back in 4 5 6 7, the finger wave incident was around 9, 10 11 and since he has continued to dive snipe etc. Every game the booing gets louder, the tears get bigger, and it will continue of course. Selwood not the most liked by hawks but i dont feel the vitriol for him that i do for goodes who uses any incident he can to speak out or criticise. If nothing was ever said of this it wouldnt be an issue, the fact that he has had a whinge about it makes sure that no one in the crowd will stop. The sydeny flog, president or whoever, that says its racist.... i think he bloody well knows it isnt but is trying to heap s**t on the club that smashed his mob into obscurity at the end of last year. Nice try mate, easily seen through. Why are these people so quick to play the racist card against a group of supporters that dislike the biggest flog to play the game?
Robbo always thought he wasnt that bad, just passionate, but hes shown his lack of care and understanding on this one. Slobbo it is. I got of the plane this morning wearing my hawthorn hoodie and saw a few people looking at me. I thought to myself are they calling me racist in their minds? Are they thinking do i know whats happened and feel sorry for me and my fellow supporters or are they influenced by the media and think im some sort of lowlife scum? This is because of some generalisation and mis information form robbo caro and the sydney guy.

Most average hawthorn supporters are saying the same thing,

* We boo Goodes because we dont like him
* We dont boo any one because of their skin colour
* We dont boo other non whites on other teams, or jetta from sydeny
* Many Hawfs count Cyril and Burgers among their favourite and most loved
* Many Hawfs have a great affinity with our culture and love to hear it and learn of it from the Indigenous leaders

It breaks my heart to think the non white players at our team may think we as a group are racist in general. Of course i know they wouldnt but the thought must have come at some stage with how the media have been persecuting us. Ive been overseas and ive heard plenty of it. The media has been incredibly irresponsible and easily misled and basically stupid.
Arguing this point is pretty much redundant, we know what we are. We are the family club, we are not racist in any way. The media are scum. Beating up stories like theres no tomorrow.
People saying we should stop booing cos it seems racist or is bad for the club are missing the point. We shouldnt give into the media scum or some sydney flog who has had there feelings hurt.

many other posters have said it better than me, in summary goodes can go cry a river and * himself, channel 7, herald sun etc eat a ******* dick gutter journalism complete scum trying to sound relevant to keep a job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a self obsessed flog. The sooner he retires the better. I hope we get the opportunity to send it him off in the right manner. Another GF belting.

It is what you get when everyone keeps telling you that ou can do no wrong. Has lost touch with reality.
I haven't booed him to date. I hope I get the chance before he retires.

Loved Gary Sobers. As a young fella I was fortunate to watch the Windies come to the local country oval to play a tour match. Sobers came in to bat and lit up the field with some amazing stroke play. When Sobers was on around 40, a local white guy took and absolute blinder of a catch to send the great man on his way. He was roundly booed by the crowd rather than applauded for a great catch.

I guess we were racist back then, too.

Any moderators online that can please explain the reasoning for censorship?

I posted a thread earlier http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hawthorn-fans-booing-goodes-explained.1099103/

Had shown 4 examples of sliding and tripping within 3 games and 3 other incidents that went to the tribinal prior to the booing.

I didn't make any of it up or saying anything out of order, just presented all the facts and what had occurred prior to the booing.

Inconvenient that we started booing him before the 13yo girl incident.

Can someone do me a favour and look into a replay of the game where he slid into Gibson (or if there is an earlier one I don't remember). Were we booing him before the slide?

Maybe we should track down when the booing started and that will answer this once and for all.

One of the most bizarre things I've heard was Martin Flanagan on AFL360 after he was asked by Robbo about it. He said that booing creates a cover for racists to operate under. WTF??? So even though you're not racist you still shouldn't boo just in case someone else around you is making a racist boo? Hahaha, nanny state much?

If you think the media aren't reporting the Goodes booing incident accurately then please cancel your subscriptions to the Sun or the Age

You can read things for free if you want now online - just use Chrome incognito mode

When I cancelled the Age, they asked me why and I told them I thought too much of the paper was biased or were basically press releases for companies. They asked me if I'd like a 6 month half price deal - I said I didn't want to be supporting propaganda

Can someone do me a favour and look into a replay of the game where he slid into Gibson (or if there is an earlier one I don't remember). Were we booing him before the slide?

Maybe we should track down when the booing started and that will answer this once and for all.

Was at the game and no. But would love to see a replay...was an exhibition!

Just got back to the country after a month away to find out im racist. Id like to thank the media for once again telling me what i am and how to think and why something is good or bad cos otherwise i would never have a thought of my own. Caro is such a voice for the people, if she says its racist then cmon, i mean, c'mon. Hows the sarcasm mater? Usually i dont mind Caro as much as the others but to say because sydeny think its racist then that makes it racist. Pull your head out your ass and stop trying to go the most pc route. Speak the truth. Ive been reading this thread while ive been away and most posters have covered my thoughts. Being that if i want to boo goodes i will cos hes a campaigner doesnt matter his skin colour. He twists things to suit his agenda, doesnt make him very likeable. He dives, he snipes more than anyone. The moment i saw him shake his finger at an umpire soccer style he was done in my books. I thought he was great dueling with Judd back in 4 5 6 7, the finger wave incident was around 9, 10 11 and since he has continued to dive snipe etc. Every game the booing gets louder, the tears get bigger, and it will continue of course. Selwood not the most liked by hawks but i dont feel the vitriol for him that i do for goodes who uses any incident he can to speak out or criticise. If nothing was ever said of this it wouldnt be an issue, the fact that he has had a whinge about it makes sure that no one in the crowd will stop. The sydeny flog, president or whoever, that says its racist.... i think he bloody well knows it isnt but is trying to heap s**t on the club that smashed his mob into obscurity at the end of last year. Nice try mate, easily seen through. Why are these people so quick to play the racist card against a group of supporters that dislike the biggest flog to play the game?
Robbo always thought he wasnt that bad, just passionate, but hes shown his lack of care and understanding on this one. Slobbo it is. I got of the plane this morning wearing my hawthorn hoodie and saw a few people looking at me. I thought to myself are they calling me racist in their minds? Are they thinking do i know whats happened and feel sorry for me and my fellow supporters or are they influenced by the media and think im some sort of lowlife scum? This is because of some generalisation and mis information form robbo caro and the sydney guy.

Most average hawthorn supporters are saying the same thing,

* We boo Goodes because we dont like him
* We dont boo any one because of their skin colour
* We dont boo other non whites on other teams, or jetta from sydeny
* Many Hawfs count Cyril and Burgers among their favourite and most loved
* Many Hawfs have a great affinity with our culture and love to hear it and learn of it from the Indigenous leaders

It breaks my heart to think the non white players at our team may think we as a group are racist in general. Of course i know they wouldnt but the thought must have come at some stage with how the media have been persecuting us. Ive been overseas and ive heard plenty of it. The media has been incredibly irresponsible and easily misled and basically stupid.
Arguing this point is pretty much redundant, we know what we are. We are the family club, we are not racist in any way. The media are scum. Beating up stories like theres no tomorrow.
People saying we should stop booing cos it seems racist or is bad for the club are missing the point. We shouldnt give into the media scum or some sydney flog who has had there feelings hurt.

many other posters have said it better than me, in summary goodes can go cry a river and **** himself, channel 7, herald sun etc eat a ******* dick gutter journalism complete scum trying to sound relevant to keep a job.

I'm sorry, R2G. The media has spoken. You are, indeed, a lowlife racist scum. But don't feel bad. The rest of us are also lowlife racist scum.
Better get back on the plane, mate.

One of the most bizarre things I've heard was Martin Flanagan on AFL360 after he was asked by Robbo about it. He said that booing creates a cover for racists to operate under. WTF??? So even though you're not racist you still shouldn't boo just in case someone else around you is making a racist boo? Hahaha, nanny state much?
Exactly why I stopped cheering Hale, Breust, Gunston & Roughy's goals, in case a KKK member was near me & cheered the same goal but for the wrong reasons...:confused:

Loved Gary Sobers. As a young fella I was fortunate to watch the Windies come to the local country oval to play a tour match. Sobers came in to bat and lit up the field with some amazing stroke play. When Sobers was on around 40, a local white guy took and absolute blinder of a catch to send the great man on his way. He was roundly booed by the crowd rather than applauded for a great catch.

I guess we were racist back then, too.

Yes, he was just "marvellous" to quote the great Richie Benaud. He's not only my favourite all time cricketer but all-time favourite sportsman. He meant so much to me as a youngster learning the game of cricket. It was hard watching him play Australia, I always wanted Australia to win, but wanted to see Sobers make a big hundred as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back