England vs Ireland (1 ODI) & New Zealand tour (2 tests, 1 T20, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has he ever done much outside Australia?
aside from a couple of altitude venues in South Africa where the ball is flying around ?

He will have to show he isnt a hometown bully .
Doesnt seem to mind New Zealand which has similar conditions (very small sample size though)
Still got a fair bit to prove though you are right
etB6EPN.png

Doesnt seem to mind New Zealand which has similar conditions (very small sample size though)
Still got a fair bit to prove though you are right
etB6EPN.png

At age 33 this is likely his last trip to England and possibly one of his final tours...
The only time I have seen him look good overseas was in South Africa at Centurion and Johannesburg ,which are both altitude venues . The type of conditions that he would thrive on ..

In this coming Ashes I dont think he will find a single venue to his liking..
Maybe Lords?? who knows !

Hopefully the Poms are obsessed with Johnno as you are.

You have to target the top figures in an opposition team. Its clear Johnson is a leading figure who needs to be targeted.
Just like in 2009 when we were told we had no chance against Hughes and Johnson.

If Johnson is bowling well he'll create wickets for the other quicks (especially Harris).

He got into their heads so as long as he isn't bowling rubbish he'll have an impact.

But I think Harris and Hazlewood will take more wickets over the course of a five test series in England
Harris will be so tough to play over there. Cannot wait for the next installment of the ashes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't take myself away from this series. Love Latham as an opener, Great to see him rotate mcmullum on strike. Mcmullum bats like he can't play tomorrow.

If an Aussie player did that, I'm not sure I'd not want to rip his head off. Unless it was Maxwell as I'd be kind of disappointed if he didn't.

Maxwell would try to reverse sweep it though!

Despite that wicket by Wood he really doesnt do much for me. Pretty straight up and down with a little bit more pace than average. Bowls plenty of loose stuff. He'll probably get bag now that ive said that

Two drops in two balls.

Never change, England.

Edit: make that three in eight. Beautiful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back