Opinion Why Adam Goodes is booed and other anthropological discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The single most racist thing to happen in the AFL in the last 5 years was the representative Australian team in 2013(?) when only indigenous or part-indigenous players could be selected.

Last edited:
The single most racist thing to happen in the AFL in the last 5 years was the All- Australian team in 2013(?) when only indigenous or part-indigenous players could be selected.
Yeah, that was racial segregation at its finest. We're an inclusive nation and don't need that in our society.

Nothing like indigenous round to bring the f***wits out of the woodwork.

Can't wait for Strapping Tape to quote Andrew Bolt.

We don't need a white male round because white males are the most advantaged demographic in the world.

If you don't understand why a round celebrating indigenous Australians and what they've brought to the game is important and worth having, you should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.
Weak stance. What about Canadian Round. Irish Round. We are self flagilating nation when it comes to this s**t. Invasion Day. What the * does that even mean? The day we brought civilisation to the Un-civilised? Seems like a day to be celebrated. No-one reading this board committed any offence, and no current indigenous Australian was alive to be offended. This round causes segregation. We are either one country or we are not.

Weak stance. What about Canadian Round. Irish Round. We are self flagilating nation when it comes to this s**t. Invasion Day. What the **** does that even mean? The day we brought civilisation to the Un-civilised? Seems like a day to be celebrated. No-one reading this board committed any offence, and no current indigenous Australian was alive to be offended. This round causes segregation. We are either one country or we are not.
Lol I love people who think we did the aborigines a favour by making them "civilised"

They survived for many, many years with their way of life. I don't think they needed us to come and slaughter their men and rape their women.

This thread.
This thread man.

Anyway Goodes, campaigner and a half in my opinion but not because he is aboriginal but just a dirty player.

Lol I love people who think we did the aborigines a favour by making them "civilised"

They survived for many, many years with their way of life. I don't think they needed us to come and slaughter their men and rape their women.

Did you know referring to them as "aborigines" is a faux pas? Not even kidding.

Stirring the pot but.

We lived for years without clean water. I'm sure things would be better if nothing ever changed.

You have a whole demographic whose majority, excluding those living a tribal lifestyle, are not fairing overly well in modern society.

Regardless, Goodes isnt a dick because he is indigenous, he's a dick because he's a dick.

I really wish that Adam Goodes was white so I could freely think of him as the self-indulgent tosser that he is without having to be linked by association to the redneck mouthbreathers in this thread.

I'm 100% for Indigenous Round and the celebration of Indigenous heritage. I think that Adam Goodes knows that he's the media's golden boy and takes full advantage of that fact to act like a self-indulgent tosser and sniper. These opinions are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
I really wish that Adam Goodes was white so I could freely think of him as the self-indulgent tosser that he is without having to be linked by association to the redneck mouthbreathers in this thread.
Bloody Adam Goodes! And those pesky muslims!

Fair drinkum though, the "Booing Adam Goodes is racist" garbage, put forth by Caroline Wilson and her merry band of media men eager to create and sensationalise a story, is just as bad as the "I'm not racist, but..." crowd.

Nick Riewoldt got louder boo's last year when Saints came to play us at home, no one created a connect the dots about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont worry tomorrow we will be hearing about how racist carlton fans at the game are

Dylan8 will be down alberton sunday asking everyone coming in if they like goodes or not so he can call anyone who doesnt a bigot and a racist and rescind their memberships based on his tolerance.

Weak stance. What about Canadian Round. Irish Round. We are self flagilating nation when it comes to this s**t. Invasion Day. What the **** does that even mean? The day we brought civilisation to the Un-civilised? Seems like a day to be celebrated. No-one reading this board committed any offence, and no current indigenous Australian was alive to be offended. This round causes segregation. We are either one country or we are not.
I find it impossible to know if this is trolling or the single worst post ive read on big footy. Our club does a heck of a lot with our indigenous programs to help a group still disadvantaged by generations of persecution.

I find it impossible to know if this is trolling or the single worst post ive read on big footy. Our club does a heck of a lot with our indigenous programs to help a group still disadvantaged by generations of persecution.
So does Centrelink. Doesn't make it right.

Some boo him because he's a dick, but there is very clearly a racist undertone to much of it for a lot of the booers you only have to look at some of the replies here, let alone on the main board.

If you think helping the disadvantaged is wrong, then it's you who isn't ducking right.

yeah, what government benefits do us whiteys get?

...besides the baby bonus, first home buyer grants, HECS, Skills 4 All, school kids bonuses, superannuation benefits, small business grants and private health insurance rebates, we get * all from the government!

yeah, what government benefits do us whiteys get?

...besides the baby bonus, first home buyer grants, HECS, Skills 4 All, school kids bonuses, superannuation benefits, small business grants and private health insurance rebates, we get **** all from the government!
Significantly less. And you know it. Now explain to me why we get less?

Bloody Adam Goodes! And those pesky muslims!
Walk away from my first dinner debate the other day when a family member told me that " not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims".

I don't even bother with these types anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back