Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No probs Gaso. I was an expat in 2001 and 2002 right when the Australia network cancelled their AFL coverage. Before the days of proper streaming. It nearly killed me having such limited AFL for two years.

In that time I missed the outrage of the Carey saga and the triumph of the McCartney comeback. Just saw snippets on news services and the internet.

Since then I have watched some catch-ups on Youtube like the Archer v Carey game (North v Crows) and Jason's comeback game (F you terrorists).

The reason that Majak mark and goal was my highlight is that I'd followed the hype via the NMFC website. I'd watched that running bouncing goal for Werribee 106 times. Then the continuous build-up, expectation, non-selection cycle. When he finally got the call up my daughters and I happened to be sitting with around 200 Sudanese families; invitees sitting in a pocket. All holding the "Majak happens" posters.

And when the hype was fulfilled in that first minute with the huge mark and goal I hadn't felt anything like it. Dunno, it just felt the start of new era. I teared up. Pity he's never cemented a spot since.

Last edited:
Do you really think these guys are failing fitness tests at the last minute?

The real question is if they really do need up to the last minute to decide then it's a very risky approach carrying players under a cloud into a game but that doesn't bother Scott who has a penchant for returning underdone players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I see it is that if BS picks Daw on form to replace an underdone Waite, what would happen if Daw was to play well and kick a few goals and we win? This would likely put BS in a difficult situation.
Would you drop Daw to make way for Waite which would would be a disaster based on his performance? Do you drop BBB for Waite who we agree is the future and would likely stay? Or do you drop Dish who we know has been playing pretty good footy over the last month?

We paid good money for Waite saying that he was a key piece for this year's campaign. Wouldn't it look bad for BS if he didn't select him each week when not injured? He's kind of painted himself in a corner with the inclusion of Waite as potentially a failed experiment if he doesn't select him as much as he can and state he is a key element of our structures when he under performs.

There is a thread to bitch about the coach already.

Very true I feel some of us on tenterhooks regarding Majak and his out-of-contracticness state at seasons end.

He's received offers from other clubs for the last few seasons, can't see the end of this year being any different. Actually I can see this season being different but in a worse way.

Brad's fault IMO, I understand guys not getting games in decent sides, but in Brad's own words we're not a good side, but what we are is an ageing side.

Not good + ageing=
72x72x1f4a9-twitter.png.pagespeed.ic.zPttXzsVtd.png

Maybe he should select guys who are fully fit.

Maybe.
Could you please point me towards the name of the coach that only selects players that are fully fit? Giving players until Saturday to prove their fitness isn't a new part of the game.

Last edited:
Brad's fault IMO, I understand guys not getting games in decent sides, but in Brad's own words we're not a good side, but what we are is an ageing side.

Not good + ageing=
72x72x1f4a9-twitter.png.pagespeed.ic.zPttXzsVtd.png
As soon as the coach's name gets used, five other ex-wives start spouting their verbal hate filth. And half of it no longer has anything to do with the topic.

Waite was named on the bench for a reason and Brown took his best 18 place for a reason. Daw is doing what he can and that's what we should celebrate. Not another crusade that's as old as the Gibson campaign.

Given how many wrote him off months ago, especially for the off-field stuff, I think some people need to look at themselves first.

The way I see it is that if BS picks Daw on form to replace an underdone Waite, what would happen if Daw was to play well and kick a few goals and we win? This would likely put BS in a difficult situation.
Would you drop Daw to make way for Waite which would would be a disaster based on his performance? Do you drop BBB for Waite who we agree is the future and would likely stay? Or do you drop Dish who we know has been playing pretty good footy over the last month?

We paid good money for Waite saying that he was a key piece for this year's campaign. Wouldn't it look bad for BS if he didn't select him each week when not injured? He's kind of painted himself in a corner with the inclusion of Waite as potentially a failed experiment if he doesn't select him as much as he can and state he is a key element of our structures when he under performs.
Waite is better than Daws. Scott is picking him because of this reason - not to save face.

And Daws worse is much worse. I know who I would play.

Dunno, drowning in an inch of water drowning in an ocean, still the same result at days end.

The Petrie, Brown and Waite combo hasn't set the world on fire.

I think you maybe underselling Daw's improvement a tad WB. Also Waite and Petrie have 65 years of experience between them, at some point you need to discover if player x is worth retaining.

And in a season that has delivered nothing more than showing Tarrant was worth persisting with maybe it's time we looked closely at Daw.

Anywho I think we'll win tomorrow and the planet will be back on its axis for some.

No Waite's best is better than Daw's best.

Doesn't mean Daw couldn't match Waite's current output.

I don't think we have seen the best of Maj yet so it's hard to say. Daw could absolutely match Waites current output.

If Daw produces in an AFL game, what he's been doing in the VFL, he'd be a star.

There's only one way to find out.

And Daws worse is much worse. I know who I would play.

Historically, yes. But I think Maj has improved. The gap currently isn't that big.

I'd rather 4 quarters from Daw, than 2.5 from Waite and a bunch of boundary line run through tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back