Autopsy Rd 9 Carlton v Sydney Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. Hannebery had 25 and 2 gls.

Curnow's dinky kicks and handballs to no-one-in-particular can GAGF.

Yeah Hannebery had 25 disposals, only 8 contested possessions and an efficiency of 56%. All hail Hannebery who plays for the mighty all conquering Swans. He's not a blue boy so automatically gets extra credit.

Not like that crap Curnow with only 23 disposals, 10 contested possessions and an efficiency of 78%.

You know Ed does have games where he is down and wears some responsibility for the result. We have ample opportunity to be critical of him. Last night was not one of those opportunities. Club named him in our bests. That and his stats and what I saw ... I'll go with that.

do we like Tutt? He's about as graceful as a newborn calf on ice but he seems to be involved in everything and gives his all, he's orright

A lot better effort last night but Jones to be banished to the Iron Islands forever !
Give Watson a few more games - can't go any worse than Jones.
Dylan Buckley - small forward ???
Would love to see a bit more direct play - shortest distance between 2 points = straight line.

Yeah Hannebery had 25 disposals, only 8 contested possessions and an efficiency of 56%. All hail Hannebery who plays for the mighty all conquering Swans. He's not a blue boy so automatically gets extra credit.

Not like that crap Curnow with only 23 disposals, 10 contested possessions and an efficiency of 78%.

You know Ed does have games where he is down and wears some responsibility for the result. We have ample opportunity to be critical of him. Last night was not one of those opportunities. Club named him in our bests. That and his stats and what I saw ... I'll go with that.

Hannerbury's the type to get 40 touches against us so it wasn't a bad effort by Curnow.

I was impressed with how we nullifed Kennedy as well since he has smashed Gibbs in our last three games against Sydney.

do we like Tutt? He's about as graceful as a newborn calf on ice but he seems to be involved in everything and gives his all, he's orright
Nope. Quick legs, slow mind. Good athlete, average footballer. Gets caught too often for mine, needs to work on his awareness and decision making. Not sure he is best 22.

Quick legs but slow mind. He's never going to be a fan favourite.

Hopefully Boekhurst can push him out.

Had a bit of a crack and the endeavour was largely there. Which was a pleasant change.
Still way too many skill errors and looked terrible bringing the ball into the forward line.
But it could be worse, I could be Adam Goodes :$

Not a fan so far. He gets involved but it's like he gets that extra touch or takes that extra step that causes us to turn the ball over in the worst possible spots. Doesn't seem to recognise danger situations. Armfield is far better at this stage and he gets potted constantly.

Chris Yarran's injury is really bad. In fact, I fear he won't be back again this season FML

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_ow-son-of-a-nutcracker_954.gif

Not a fan so far. He gets involved but it's like he gets that extra touch or takes that extra step that causes us to turn the ball over in the worst possible spots. Doesn't seem to recognise danger situations. Armfield is far better at this stage and he gets potted constantly.

The Dogs needed run for years and they overlooked Tutt a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

johnbarker3.jpg

1966_VFL_Scanlens_46_David_Parkin_Hawthorn_Hawks.jpg

Yep i suspect Tutt is going to be a yard stick player, whilst he is good enough to be in our side we know we are in trouble.., a bit like i used to feel with Paul Bower.

The boys were severly undermanned and had a crack, cant ask for much more than that but our forward line continues to be a disaster, not sure there is a quick fix unless there is a Jesse Hogan in this years draft.

The boys were severly undermanned and had a crack, cant ask for much more than that but our forward line continues to be a disaster, not sure there is a quick fix unless there is a Jesse Hogan in this years draft.
Can't expect much so soon -- not just the week of a coaching change itself. But like Barker was saying, the effort was there thru four quarters, and like Matthew Richardson was saying, we competed statistically with the Swans at all the key stats. Early days in Barker's tenure, and like he said too, at first they're just trying to get the effort there, and then they'll work on strategy and game-planning. Can see us winning a string of games fairly soon (a month or two).

Interesting to see our 1 percenters drop from 49 avg to 34 in this game.

So focus on tackling perhaps limited other areas of our team work?

I'm not convinced that the game was anything to write home about, subbing McVeigh showed Sydney had put the cue back in the rack.

Everitt put his head over the ball a few times which I was impressed by.

Got a feeling the board will 'Unleash The Bark' towards the end of the season and that ain't bad news folks, Barker's stocks have risen considerably in recent days, to the point he is now my 2nd preferred choice for the role after Leigh Tudor (definitely do not want Dew or Bassett, I get a Mark Neeld vibe about Bassett for some reason)

Curnow did a great tagging job.
Everitt stood up, nice to see.
Mids more than broke even (clearances)
Tackle pressure was existent! Best tackle pressure I've seen from you guys in the past few weeks (Friday nights RIP :( but still)
Let down by general skills around the ground.
Cripps is awesome.
Enjoy the season.

Tutt is just.. Well depth really. Tries hard and goes all day, but don't really want him in the 22 if we have other options

I think Tutt would be better when we can actually find some form. If we are going to persist with him i'd actually like to see him play deep forward. We really have no crumbers up there. Or bring Clem in.

I'll go with what I saw as well. His clearance work is meh and he's a liability when getting the ball in space.
Upgrade on Joseph though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back