NEAFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogwarna,

Great report on the game in the Bay yesterday - This opens up the Competition with the two out of the three Southern sides coming of age as it were with good wins against quality opposition's, next week's Hornets V Bombers clash will be a ripper with a few losses to the Hornets side that I have heard of due to one of the Hornets legend's getting married in Italy - That's Italy in Europe not Italy in the Valley, as mentioned in a post or two from yours truly last season - So watch this space for some quality players missing from the Hornet's NEAFL and QAFL (2) sides for the next couple of weeks.

As thought the boys from Labrador slipped in the win of the ages ( in the last few years anyway) for the Competition in the QAFL today, DL and his coaching panel will be soul searching their/his charges this week after as you put it IYO, not a season defining loss, but IMO certainly a soul destroying wake up call and things wont get much better for him as Qld Coach on Queens Birthday Weekend, when his Coaching skills will be well and truly tested against the might of the combined Melbourne Metro Competition - If he wins this one, then he will become of age in Coaching circles here in Qld!!!!!!!

Billy,,, not even Alister Clarkson could coach the QLD qafl rep side to a win against the Melbourne metro side..... this matching up of games like this is just a joke. I mean we saw it last season when the Vic Amatuers side belted us... These 2 comps in Melbourne should be playing the NEAFL rep side, not QAFL .... is a joke.

Makes you wonder about some ruckmen. Aspley had neither of their usual ruckmen and consequently got absolutely flogged in the hitouts and still won comfortably.

Tipping Round 6

Billybunter (4) 26
Grimlock (4) 24
Chikka Ferguson (4) 23
Dogwarna (5) 23
Lifes a Beach1 (3) 22
Stuyd1 (4) 22
2010Premier (4) 22
Pea Nut (4) 21
justabaraker (5) 21

Perfect 5's from Justabaraker & Dogwarna and the field at the back tightens up a little.Close games that could have gone either way keep this race interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Sydney for the weekend so I ventured down to Henson Park to watch Sydney Uni V Southport Sharks. I've never seen the Sharks before...
First half was nip-and-tuck, with the Sharks possibly looking more like victors.
Goal the difference at half-time and the third quarter started pretty evenly. But then, about 5 minutes in, No 15 ("Crowley" as per the team sheet) hit a Sydney Uni player pretty hard and caused him to leave the field instantly (can't comment because I was talking at that instant !)
But from then it was all over for Southport, and for the Southport player. He became the target of some "academically-enhanced" sledging from the Students and his game (he had been pretty much invisible prior to the incident but, I tell you what, after the incident he gave them plenty of material to use against him in sledging), his game just turned to sh#t.
Southport failed to score for the quarter after the incident and scored just one more goal for the match. While Sydney Uni scored 13 subsequent goals and totally ran away with it. Southport was just chasing tail and struggled to get a stat between them.
Henson is below the airport flight path and I reckon that the Sharks were hearing those low-flying departing aircraft and just wishing they could be on the first one out of town !

Jared Brennan was amazing - never seen him live before either - and his unique style belies the fact that he was the BOG for Southport. If he played cricket then you'd bowl him from both ends because he was the key forward AND the key defender for the day !!

But the brains trust at Southport needs to figure out what went on in the heads of the Sharks players after half time - might have been channelling Carlton I suppose.

Tipping Round 8

Billybunter (4) 30
Grimlock (4) 28
Chikka Ferguson (4) 27
Dogwarna (4) 27
Lifes a Beach1 (5) 27
2010Premier (5) 27
Stuyd1 (4) 26
Pea Nut (5) 26
justabaraker (4) 25

Peanut & 2010Premier perfect scores well done guys and the field gets even tighter.Have a great week Rep footy week this one but a couple of games still on.

I did not see Matty Payne's name in the final 27 squad named for the NEAFL side on the web site today - Gee, I know one player does not make a team but one of Payne's ability goes a long way to it - The Tasmanian supporters must be corking the Champagne bottles in readiness for the impending celebration if this is correct - It may be a long day at Burpengary on Sunday for the QLD/NEAFL AFL Supporters.

I did not see Matty Payne's name in the final 27 squad named for the NEAFL side on the web site today - Gee, I know one player does not make a team but one of Payne's ability goes a long way to it - The Tasmanian supporters must be corking the Champagne bottles in readiness for the impending celebration if this is correct - It may be a long day at Burpengary on Sunday for the QLD/NEAFL AFL Supporters.

Billy, no Matt Payne,,,, if he was available to play and he didn't make the final 27,,, well I am absolutely stonkered.... for Christ sake, hes about the best player pound for pound in the Neafl........geez,, I cant believe this,!!!!!

Billy, no Matt Payne,,,, if he was available to play and he didn't make the final 27,,, well I am absolutely stonkered.... for Christ sake, hes about the best player pound for pound in the Neafl........geez,, I cant believe this,!!!!!

Injured apparently..

Of course Payne would be in if available. Jack Anthony missing too. And only 1 player from NT. Clearly the NEAFL team will be under strength but on a warm sunny day in nth Brisbane should still get the chocolates against Tas.

On the other hand ouch is the only word that comes in mind for the qld team. Hopefully it stacks up ok but the vic metro team full of 27-30 year olds. Could be one sided but hope not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back