No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one more goal to the Swans and I would have had the margin right.

Carlton. Pig's arse!

giphy_zpskn0tkpa1.gif

I defended Goodes and didn't think his war dance was an overly big deal, but I don't buy that he wasn't directly aiming it at the Carlton section of the ground or a specific Carlton supporter. It's a threatening gesture and if he made it without being provoked it was uncalled for.

Don't see a issue with the war dance from Goodes
Americans do stuff like that all the time to hype up the crowd and piss off other teams.
No issues and he said it was from the under 16 boomerang side that taught him during the week

More respect from me.
Gun player but does drop knees, no one is prefect

Don't see a issue with the war dance from Goodes
Americans do stuff like that all the time to hype up the crowd and piss off other teams.
No issues and he said it was from the under 16 boomerang side that taught him during the week

More respect from me.
Gun player but does drop knees, no one is prefect
NFL would give Goodes a massive fine for what he did last night. There's a difference between working the crowd up (eg Swan rubbing his gut) and what Goodes did. Adam would know that as much as anyone.

Although I didn't see Goodes do the 'war dance'. I understand that he used the indigenous under 16's team use of it as context as to why he chose to do it. I'm curious (not racist) does anybody know if they use it during the game as part of a celebration or as a pre-game ceremony like the Kiwis use the hakka?

Sounds rather odd to be doing it during the game.

Not Racist.

Although I didn't see Goodes do the 'war dance'. I understand that he used the indigenous under 16's team use of it as context as to why he chose to do it. I'm curious (not racist) does anybody know if they use it during the game as part of a celebration or as a pre-game ceremony like the Kiwis use the hakka?

Not Racist.
Bro, stop being racist.

Not Racist.
In remote communities during special events they do the war dance but in AFL terms its just normally for the dream time event

Coming from Kiwi origin, there is a difference between the Haka and what Goodes did, for one the Haka is done with all of the team before the game regardless if you are Maori or Pakeha. It is a team challenge.

I respect Goodes immensely both on and off the field but that celebration was from an individual and seemed to be threatening, what would the White equivalent be to that going forward and making a cutting sign across the throat - or giving the crowd the bird I.e. Nathan Brown. I don't feel 100% comfortable with it, maybe it is subconscious racism on my part.

In remote communities during special events they do the war dance but in AFL terms its just normally for the dream time event

I understand that, but the question is do they do it pre-game or in game?

Not racist.

Not racist.
Because if he did it pre-game that would mean his indigenous team mates would join in, making it not all about Adam.

Not racist.
You ain't racist for asking that question
It's normally before games but depends on the situation
I have done it during a game against a dick head of a opposition when i was younger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players get fined for gestures towards the crowd, I remember Marc Murphy got fined $1k plus for flipping the bird to the Collingwood cheer squad after kicking a goal & I'm sure there would be some form of punishment for an action like throat slitting as mentioned earlier.

If he gets off with nothing out of this it would be a disgrace for the game, you could argue he's brought the game into disrepute. Soccer players get booked for anything that could incite the crowd or even when they jump the fence to celebrate with the fans as it could cause a crush. His actions were of an aggressive nature that could easily have incited the fans a lot more than they were, he should be fined and warned of future conduct. Couldn't give a toss if he only did it because of indigenous round, it wasn't the time or place for it. Flog.

We could get big Will to do it to the Orange people today , then a run a book on how many weeks he gets ?
But Adam Goodes , what are thinking mate ? Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Suns up for it so far.

Losing Martin within the first minute will come back to bite them in the 2nd half you'd think..
Hows Dixon playing?
read today lions are offering 750k per year in the paper

Now Harry O is doing it. Ok. He's Brazilian FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back