Game Day Port v Melbourne, Round 9, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

It's spreading, and the faux outrage is growing.

Oh, wait.

2n0vwqx.png

I've kept quiet over the last three weeks whilst the birds squawked and the hyperbole hit a zenith. But that last 5 minutes proves to me again that it is all about confidence and mentality at the moment. Our best is still up there with the very best. It's not coaching, it's not talent, it's not fitness. It is in the head pure and simple. Come on lads, let's hope this is the trigger to lift your confidence.

We played a forward line and kicked it long.

Got 2 goals,then had momentum

IMO Lobbe is doing a great job in ruck but just isn't cutting it as a part time forward, his marking for his height is pretty weak. Ryder is more useful in ruck than Lobbe is up forward. Interesting that Westhoff has been right in the game for all the wrong reasons in the first but all the right reasons in the second.

Probably, on balance, against Melbourne we needed to go in with the one ruck. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a player who likes to tackle and contest Lobbe has s**t presence when forward.

Lobbe ruck 80% of the time, to the bench when not (unless/until he learns to take a contested mark and can be useful forward). Ryder to CHB until Trengove is back, then forward, sub off Lobbe at 3 quarter time or just after and put him in the ruck. Unless we get an injury it should be the go to plan for most games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back