Autopsy Round 9: Richmond V Essendon @ MCG - Changes for Fremantle

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bean has serious upside and I like his work rate, but he's not strong enough to compete with the big boys just yet.

Probably shouldn't have played this week, his hand was still clearly giving him issues. Got his hands to plenty of marks and had them bounce off. He'd take them 99/100 normally.

Nothing wrong with McBean. He gets around the ball, bad forwards barely get a touch. He'll start getting goals soon and things will start happening.

I actually think we could play Griffiths Vickery Riewoldt McBean. Griffiths and Riewoldt work well up the ground McBean could too leaving Vickery as Forward/Ruck. I dunno but when they are all firing it seems like the best way to put sides under absurd pressure up forward.

Menadue 3 from 3 against older teams, get around him

Dr Mike what website do you get the ages/games played stats from. I can never find them?

Anyway I was at the game tonight, wasn't a pretty game but happy to grind it out. Even when bombers kicked back I thought we were in control. Starting to show some maturity- in the last quarter we just set up well enough to control the game and stop their forward movement. A few years ago we would've dropped this game for sure the way essendon were throwing everything forward and taking the game on.

I'm shocked Griffiths is in only 3% of votes? Maybe I only noticed it more as I tend to watch him closely but I thought he was in everything when the game was in the balance early- really threw himself into the contests and was a great presence.

Will take any win over the Bombers, my most hated team by a country mile.

Should we ruin that little turds party also?
We got a few milestones of our own coming up towards the back half of the year

3 more for Vlastuin's 50th
3 more for Houli's 100th game for Richmond
7 more for Chaplin's 200th
8 more for Griffith's 50th
9 more for Maric's 150th
10 more for Cotchin's 150th
10 more for Vickery's 100th
10 more for Grigg's 100th game for Richmond

Oh no. What happened? Was anyone hurt?
An Essendin supporter copped it.
You could feel it brewing and then some Richmond fan was irate screaming "you can't say that"!!
You can't use that word!!"
then I about 6 of them surrounded him "get out"!! Carrying on like pork chops.
We thought for sure it was racism related as Houli had just been involved and the level of anger was incredible.
Bloke walked off reluctantly and hung around close by not wanting to look like he'd caved.
So my mate wanders up and asks what he said.
"He called me a campaigner"!!
Harden up princesses.
Unbelievable.
Anyway they spotted him and started in him again and then it went punchy.
Probably half a dozen of them the weak bastards jumped into him.
Then a few other tiger fans jumped in for him and it's all in.
We had our kids terrified and bawling their eyes out and Us yelling to ******* grow up and that there are kids everywhere.
Embarrassing as a Richmond fan.
Disgraceful it was.
Definitely better security needed because those poor buggers on the door had no hope and perhaps a better look at the guest pass situation.

Last edited:
WOW!

What a day so emotional and so happy at the same time.
1. Wife gives birth to a beautiful healthy baby boy. Our first child.
2. Richmond get up for a cracking win just makes the day even more better.

The only dampener... My boy falling asleep at the beginning of the 4th. Poor form.
Congrats mate, get that jumper on him now.

We got a few milestones of our own coming up towards the back half of the year

3 more for Vlastuin's 50th
3 more for Houli's 100th game for Richmond
7 more for Chaplin's 200th
8 more for Griffith's 50th
9 more for Maric's 150th
10 more for Cotchin's 150th
10 more for Vickery's 100th
10 more for Grigg's 100th game for Richmond
Dont forget Liam McBean 398 more games to equal Dustin Fletcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fletcher couldn't even make it through a full game in his 400th haha :confused:

Anyways, I ******* love Lids and Martin. Throw Titch in there too. I love Richmond, that's all really. Now time to watch the replay and see the umpires make 500 *s ups in high definition.

Edit: I'm going to watch that Martin goal over and over and over and over

Nice to win.
Missed last 4 minutes due to a punch on in one of the bars in the 3121 section.
Absolute disgrace that it got to that point.
There were punch ups everywhere, 3rd qtr in my area some Essendon flogs got carted out after an almighty punch on, flogs put themselves in the middle of 50 tiger fans, it was always going to happen.

Try Delidio?

Might even give this a crack

B_9f1-MUcAAf5JZ.jpg:large

You're kidding.
How'd you go? Ducking, weaving...jab, jab, bang?

Where is the 3121 bar? Punt Rd end level 1?
Level 2 flank/pocket punt rd end southern stand

i reckon its better...they will b taking notice soon he is goun to start tearing games to pieces..is the clearance king and a dead set gun
just love his ability to time and hit the crumb at pace, imagine if we had that type of guy in the fwd line :')

also love his quick hands and feet, his pace is not absolutely lightning, but he thinks quick and its great to watch.

It did not appear to be an "ugly" game as a spectacle. The four points is all that matters. I enjoyed the atmosphere, as many of the supporters that jumped off the wagon were back and very vocal. It was a good win. Essendon looked to break the game open several times and we weathered the storm. That's three solid games where traditionally, we would have crapped ourselves and lost. Building character amongst these younger players is a great start to sustained success. I look forward to the challenge against Freo.

I thought Jack did well covering a lot of space. Edwards is around three steps ahead of everyone else and is severely underrated. Our leaders stood up and our kids contributed. The foot soldiers did their job. Grigg continued his great form and Grimes had a very good second half. Maric won in the ruck duels and was great at clearances. Good signs all round.

No changes. Keep McBean in the side. The floodgates will open soon enough.

Back