How good was that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe v Danger

Seeing two stars of the game go head to head for the entire match, not a tagger in sight.

Neither took a backwards step, immense games from both.

Footy would be far more enjoyable if coaches let that happen more often.
Now if only Dangerfield could kick to save himself. Most overrated player, not even top 50 in the league. Commentator circle jerk is seriously over the top.

one of the best games this year

I dare say this should have been the friday night blockbuster
To dare say something implies what you are saying might be controversial. Everyone agrees that this was the Friday night game we had to have.

Unfortunately the fixture makers didn't know in advance that Carlton were going to be so terrible.

Now if only Dangerfield could kick to save himself. Most overrated player, not even top 50 in the league. Commentator circle jerk is seriously over the top.

Give credit where it is due Bradesmaen, I am Purple through and through and have had such is fyfe as my signature for years but there is no way I could split them tonight.
Fantastic contest, I would rate Fyfe the better player usually but thought that Dangerfield really stepped up tonight.

To dare say something implies what you are saying might be controversial. Everyone agrees that this was the Friday night game we had to have.

Unfortunately the fixture makers didn't know in advance that Carlton were going to be so terrible.
When was the last time two non vic teams played on Friday night, non finals related? Also not including GWS first match in the AFL.

But surely they realised they didn't deserve 7 of them??

Dangerfield is a better kick then fyfe. Fyfe is largely innefectual he had 22 touches at half time and his team had only kicked 4 goals.

Dangerfield is a better kick then fyfe. Fyfe is largely innefectual he had 22 touches at half time and his team had only kicked 4 goals.
* no, Not even close. Dangerfield is lucky to hit a target at any time. infact the only time he did was when it came off the side of the boot.

I'm so sick of people just looking at numbers like contested possessions and possesions to determine whether someone had a good game. He burnt the ball constantly going forward, as he did against Port Adelaide. He gets it a lot, but he burns is so much that he is completely ineffectual for his own team and actually better for the opposition.

Seriously a class above anyone else tonight.
Dangerfield v Fyfe is just about as good as it gets from a football fan.
It reminded me of an epic battle scene in a medieval movie/novel. The type where the other soldiers fight each other but can't get near each armies champion, while the two champions smash each other all over the field.

Im confused after this game. Did we win by just over a goal or did Fyde win by two disposals? Or neither?

I think we've just witnessed one of the greatest one on one showdowns in the history of the game. Everything else was just a sideshow.

Long after we've forgotten who won that we'll still remember this titanic battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish I'd watched this one instead of Dreamtime at the G. Not only for the Fyfe v Dangerfield battle, but also because it would have gotten away from BT and Richo's commentary purgatory.

**** no, Not even close. Dangerfield is lucky to hit a target at any time. infact the only time he did was when it came off the side of the boot.

I'm so sick of people just looking at numbers like contested possessions and possesions to determine whether someone had a good game. He burnt the ball constantly going forward, as he did against Port Adelaide. He gets it a lot, but he burns is so much that he is completely ineffectual for his own team and actually better for the opposition.

What?

Are you describing Fyfe? He's the main reason laird had 27 disposals, so many of his kick's was a crappy dribbles that went over the head of Pav.

**** no, Not even close. Dangerfield is lucky to hit a target at any time. infact the only time he did was when it came off the side of the boot.

How many players have you seen kick the ball onto the back of a team mates head and it bounces straight back to them...lol that's skill

Was a great goal but I loved Barlow's more thanks to the meaning of it
Meaning of it? They were both huge goals in the context of the game at their respective moments.
Barlows was a goal you see all the time. I don't think i've seen a goal like Eddies. At least not for a long time. Rivals Motlop up in Brisbane. I dare say it was better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back