Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Evil Dead - the remake. If you're a fan of the original or just a horror fan in general then this is pretty good.
The look his best mate gives him once he becomes possessed as he's escaping the cabin is.... ...yeah... I'll leave it there... 6/10

A Beautiful Mind - After the ****** up news the other day about John Nash & his wife, I decided to revisit this last night - Still rates as Crowe's best performance imo, the academy really did shaft him that year. - 8/10.

Denzel won it for Training Day. He was great in that role, but Rusty should have won it. Don't they like the same actor winning it consecutively?

The Man Who Knew Too Little

I only just watched it for the first time today. Is this one of the most underrated comedies ever? Murray's delivery borders on perfection as he obliviously wanders through the movie. The way he waves the gun around believing it's a prop almost brought me to tears. I highly recommend if you're a Murray fan or like spy spoofs.

The Man Who...........Wasn't There

Very underrated Coen that's worth giving your time too.
Black & White looks sharp and Billy Bob is brilliant 8/10

NIGHTCRAWLER

Finally got around to watching Nightcrawler and gee whiz what a movie!

Gyllenhaal delivers with the best acting performance i have ever seen of him and he is stepping up in to the Top 5 echelon of male actors currently and the guy is a gem and a joy to watch while going from strength to strength after End of Watch and Prisoners which were also great films and he is fast becoming my most favourite actor.

Nightcrawler had me from start to finish and in total awe of magnificent film making which was original and perfectly crafted for the screen. Renee Russo was great in a supporting role as a hard arse news network employee and everyone worked in the film which is rare these days with no weak points anywhere in a totally original idea for a film. It had everything from shocks and WTF type moments to me thinking i have worked with blokes like this ( Gyllenhaal ) before who know how to sell themselves and talk a lot of s**t to move up in the world while leaving everyone else in their wake.

Must see if anyone has not seen it like me before tonight!

9/10. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ex Machina : Sci Fi flick about female robots attaining freedom and ? sentience ? not too bad actually, 6/10
I really liked this movie. So good to see something different for a change...

I really liked this movie. So good to see something different for a change...

Well.........it's not really that different to many other sci-fi's. It's just that this one has a slightly higher profile...................and is actually better. :oops:

There are some good ideas out there but unfortunately the quality of the production can get in the way. Ex-Machina had no such concerns.

Well.........it's not really that different to many other sci-fi's. It's just that this one has a slightly higher profile...................and is actually better. :oops:

There are some good ideas out there but unfortunately the quality of the production can get in the way. Ex-Machina had no such concerns.
WEll I thought it was really cool and will watch again.

I prefer a thinking sci/Fi rather than a generic 'transformers' rehash...

WEll I thought it was really cool and will watch again.

I prefer a thinking sci/Fi rather than a generic 'transformers' rehash...

I agree and again there are plenty good 'thinking' sci-fis out there but just haven't the profile, production and quality actors Ex-Machina had.

I've seen it twice already and wouldn't be against going one more round..................although I do have all bases covered now :)

John Wick- not a bad action movie 7.5/10

before that was Whiplash- 9/10 high recommend, suspenseful and really quite a intense movie.

and before that was Unbroken 8/10 really solid survival war movie

and before that was Just before I go 8/10 A good feel good movie, I loved it.

been on a pretty good movie run as of late.

San Andreas

Yeah it's not bad. It's a solid 2 hour disaster movie. Is there bad dialogue? Of course. Are there cliches? Duh. Does The Rock's daughter take off 2 of her 3 tops for no apparent reason? Without question.

But it's still pretty damn enjoyable. Enough science for it to be real-ish but not get bogged down. A really great performance from Paul Giamatti. Quality CGI and smart direction in terms of not overloading too much destruction at once.

Finally, The Rock. He's the modern day Arnie except a) he can act, and b) he seems much more natural playing the all American hero than Arnie ever did. Seems like a great guy off screen and is always entertaining on it. Get around him.

7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back