Toast Player you didnt rate but now impresses you

Tsongkie

Senior List
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Sheed - The WCE staff have persisted and persisted with this guy, and it is really starting to pay dividends. I have to admit, I was surprised he was getting so many games when his performance was so consistently poor but it seems to have payed off. For a guy who started off as a rough stone, with time he has refined himself into a respectable gem - but not yet fully polished I dare say - here's hoping he is a diamond.

Shepherd - I am certain he got a look in solely due to the Marsh/WA relationship. That said, he (like Sheed) has improved dramatically over time and now looks as though he has edged himself a permanent spot for us on the back flank. He will be a journeyman, but every team needs them.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Sheed - The WCE staff have persisted and persisted with this guy, and it is really starting to pay dividends. I have to admit, I was surprised he was getting so many games when his performance was so consistently poor but it seems to have payed off. For a guy who started off as a rough stone, with time he has refined himself into a respectable gem - but not yet fully polished I dare say - here's hoping he is a diamond.

Shepherd - I am certain he got a look in solely due to the Marsh/WA relationship. That said, he (like Sheed) has improved dramatically over time and now looks as though he has edged himself a permanent spot for us on the back flank. He will be a journeyman, but every team needs them.

You make it sound like he's been on our list for years.

Tsongkie

Senior List
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
For a large chunk of his games, he has been a liability on the pitch - to say otherwise is wishful thinking at best. That said, you reap what you sow. Turning into a handy acquisition.

Tsongkie

Senior List
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
That's what I said, a large chuck of his games - ie. in a majority of his games - have been poor. That said, he's found his rhythm and I for one couldn't be more pleased about his progress.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems weird terminology for someone who is in his second year of football. Normally something said when a player has 70+ games and should be starting to develop nicely. Sheed has done fine all of his games, as much as can be expected by someone so young.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
I cant remember who they are but there were some on here who insisted McGovern would never make it.
a fair way off the mark there

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Priddis, Butler, McGovern, Mitch Brown - although the way it's shaping up, I wouldn't have him in the team.

Lecras - I was actually on the Armstrong bandwagon at one point I'm afraid to say, if that bandwagon ever existed to begin with.

Koby Stevens even though his not playing for us.
Can still see the reported weaknesses in his game, he's slow to make decisions at times, inconsistent with disposal (sometimes its great though) and quite one-sided. But he's a pretty good player overall. Has a real physical presence with his big frame now that he's bulked up, and loves lining up a big tackle. Also very good overhead and knows how to kick a goal.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Can still see the reported weaknesses in his game, he's slow to make decisions at times, inconsistent with disposal (sometimes its great though) and quite one-sided. But he's a pretty good player overall. Has a real physical presence with his big frame now that he's bulked up, and loves lining up a big tackle. Also very good overhead and knows how to kick a goal.
We basically swapped Stevens for Cripps and cripps is way better than koby . In hindsight a blessing . Also thanks for josh hill

Tripped by Fyfe and also had the most laughably uncontested clearance in AFL history against the Giants after a centre ball up. Good to see him doing well.

Piss Poor

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
We basically swapped Stevens for Cripps and cripps is way better than koby . In hindsight a blessing . Also thanks for josh hill
I forgot who we got for him, geez we did well with Cripps, one of my favourites, actually at the moment I have about 30 favourites. Its a good time to be an Eagles supporter that's for sure, love the club.

Jack_the_Ninja

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
All of them, the only real elite player's I thought we had was LeCras and Kennedy. My hats goes off to Simmo and his staff, simply outstanding job with the list you have available.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
All of them, the only real elite player's I thought we had was LeCras and Kennedy. My hats goes off to Simmo and his staff, simply outstanding job with the list you have available.

shocked-will-smith.gif

Back