Review Fremantle d Adelaide by 11 pts

smokingjacket

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Journalists are also infiltrated by a group of beer gazing sycophants.
Was there a time they weren't?

I actually don't mind Robbo. For a tabloid journo he seems alright and usually gets the big calls right like Good....sorry wrong room.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Journalists are also infiltrated by a group of beer gazing sycophants.

The hard hits stop after the siren unfortunately.

So I'd fit right in then, no-one can beer gaze better than me. As long as it is quality beer like Little Creatures, Feral or Boag's - I'll be damned if I'm a gunna beer gaze for a weak trashy tepid frothy scum littered concoction like Emu Bitter or Swan...

Though I only really sycophant myself, but you know, with enough encouragement from the Freo BF board regulars I could try to sycophant Gossage or Readings.

I draw the line at Baz though, that flog can sicko-falagalate-fant himself...

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
I'm just saying you don't need an AFL media pass to kiss AFL players and coaches on their delicates after a game so why the charade.

How did this go from beer gazing to kissing on delicates in just five posts??

I can do the beer gazing, the delicates kissing notsomuch...

Charades, now I can do that I reckon.

As long as no delicates kissing is involved...

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
How good was Barlow's goal?

Bloody hell yes. Highlight of the night for mine.

Something strange about that pocket, I counted at least 4 set shots from there that missed, and two freak bananas from the boundary that split the big ones.

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
I would just like to say That Adelaide threw everything at us including the kitchen sink and once again Freo stayed strong ,played the game out every minute and RTB made the right call on Sheridan as the SUB .
The timing of Sheridan coming into the game was a master stroke that put the Crows off their game due to his manic tackling and pressure acts .
Hats off to the boys in their stud selection . It was so good not seeing players loosing their feet in the contests .
Finally to all those at the game yelling out the FREO CHANT in the last quarter . It was coming through loud and clear on the TV broad cast .
NO INJURIES and NO REPORTS ,YES YES YES !!!!:);):cool:

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
How did this go from beer gazing to kissing on delicates in just five posts??

I can do the beer gazing, the delicates kissing notsomuch...

Charades, now I can do that I reckon.

As long as no delicates kissing is involved...

If you are gazing from a beer glass while delicately kissing a delicate

Then you have cracked the meaning of life :D

smokingjacket

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I would just like to say That Adelaide threw everything at us including the kitchen sink and once again Freo stayed strong ,played the game out every minute and RTB made the right call on Sheridan as the SUB .

They sure did. Any team would be pretty flat having that much contested footy, against an incredibly strong contested football team and coming up short.

Freo88

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2011
Up North
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Stars & Fulham-the other FFC
From a football purists point of view - that was some game.

Worth acknowledging that the crows were missing some big names, but we still had to get to job done on their dung heap in front of a parochial crowd - can be invaluable experience considering we rarely play in front of big crowds away from subi, being 'a smaller drawing club'.

Big kudos to Lee Spurr - kept the best small forward in the league to 2 goals. 1 of which was a poor error in judgement from Sutty (even if it was soft) and another a freak goal that only Eddy could conjure. Just a really solid game from Lee.

Looking at the possession counts of Fyfe and Dangerfield, if you can be bothered, go back and watch a replay of the game (Admittedly its a lot easier to do after a W). Although the counts were high from both players, there were a few one-two's in there from each player and just scrubby kicks which were smothered, had no real impact etc. Exhibit A, refer to Danger sconning his team mate in the back of the head and then picking the ball back up to kick to a contest. So my point is, when comparing their 2 performances, throw the stat book out the window and look more on their actual influence on the game and willing themselves to impact every contest because in that sort of game and conditions, that is what matters. With that in mind, i would give Fyfe the 3 votes Danger the 2 and Sandi the 1. Will be interesting to see how the coaches saw it.

Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
I think we will learn how to structure up in the wet from this. Kicking to a leading Tabs and expecting grabs above his head is not the way to go. Adelaides low chest fwd entries and kicks up the wing were much more efficient even if some were accidental.

Wasn't a night for big men so tabs and Clarke weren't as effective, perhaps another small emergency and late change was the call

I Just have one thing to add as its being glossed over.
Lee Spurr was tremendous last night.

Also u wouldn't have seen it on tv but the tackle on lynch on the outer wing late that led to the Barlow goal was a game saver. Betts was all on his own after sneaking on from the bench & would hav waltzed into goal.
Was it Hill that laid the tackle?

Frank J Moose

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
Brownes Stadium
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Buffalo
Big kudos to Lee Spurr - kept the best small forward in the league to 2 goals. Of which was a poor error in judgement from Sutty (even if it was soft) and another a freak goal that only Eddy could conjure. Just a really solid game from Lee.

Caused by the umpire struggling with his distance perception.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
I Just have one thing to add as its being glossed over.
Lee Spurr was tremendous last night.

Also u wouldn't have seen it on tv but the tackle on lynch on the outer wing late that led to the Barlow goal was a game saver. Betts was all on his own after sneaking on from the bench & would hav waltzed into goal.
Was it Hill that laid the tackle?

Yes that was Hill, deserved a free but didn't get one.

McPharlin was brilliant all night. Such an important player, RTB please look after him.

Negatives
- Played dry weather football
- Let Danger run free.
- Out worked for most of the day
- Taberner is not suited to wet weather football. He should not have played

Positives
- Back line held up
- Good kicking is good football.
- We won

Back