Mallee FL - Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee pretty quiet on here these days!!

With one wk til kick off on possibly the final season surely Easter has brought up some discussions to share??

Anyone able to share anymore light on walp und recruits?? Will they may enough difference to make them legitimate gf contenders?? True they have gone all out with a last ditch effort to snag a flag?

Why no commitment to interleague this season?

BeaulH/hopetoun merger seems to be coming along smoothly. Kane Robins a huge acquisition back into the league.

Gee pretty quiet on here these days!!

With one wk til kick off on possibly the final season surely Easter has brought up some discussions to share??

Anyone able to share anymore light on walp und recruits?? Will they may enough difference to make them legitimate gf contenders?? True they have gone all out with a last ditch effort to snag a flag?

Why no commitment to interleague this season?

BeaulH/hopetoun merger seems to be coming along smoothly. Kane Robins a huge acquisition back into the league.
fisher and Anderson played out there previously, birss ex afl so probably goes alright. dobrawski not sure. cant see that as going all out when compared to
ouyen that has recruited out of the ntfl with 6 or 7 clearances in.
haven't heard much out of w/l apart from Davey and giants seem to have a lot of outs compared to ins but with 2 teams into 1 bound to be people that leave as thinking they wont be getting game time. s/l seem to be quiet but no doubt be late clearances in for all this week.
cant wait for the season to start good luck to all players for an injury free year and good footy

Aaron Davey to join brothers at the Cats supposedly???

Nice change for MFL to be played in heavy grounds last wk, didn't add to the spectacle apparently though?

North West Structural Review recommendations have been released. Those affecting Mallee League are:
  • Mallee Football League to be discontinued
  • Southern Mallee Giants (Hopetoun-Beulah) to join Horsham DFNL, making the HDFNL a 12 club competition
  • Ouyen United & Walpeup Underbool to merge and join Sunraysia Football League
  • Sea Lake Nandaly Tigers & Woomelang Lascelles to merge and join Central Murray League
  • Jeparit Rainbow to continue in the HDFNL
  • Appears to be no changes in North Central FNL
Alternative option - SLNT and W/L remain separate entities and move to either North Central FL or Golden Rivers FL. However the panel considers either of these options to be only short term or less than satisfactory in competition strengths and/or distance.

North West Structural Review recommendations have been released. Those affecting Mallee League are:
  • Southern Mallee Giants (Hopetoun-Beulah) to join Horsham DFNL, making the HDFNL a 12 club competition
  • Sea Lake Nandaly Tigers & Woomelang Lascelles to merge and join Central Murray League
Alternative option - SLNT and W/L remain separate entities and move to either North Central FL or Golden Rivers FL. However the panel considers either of these options to be only short term or less than satisfactory in competition strengths and/or distance.

I don't think a move to CMFL is good for a merged Sea Lake/Woomelang entity

The Review isnt done til end of June
Preliminary Recommendations Report has been released to stakeholders for their comment before 30th May. I'm sure you will read all about in the paper tomorrow.

Preliminary Recommendations Report has been released to stakeholders for their comment before 30th May. I'm sure you will read all about in the paper tomorrow.
what grounds would be dropped have to be Berriwillock & Culgoa cant see em keep 4 grounds up?
i saw it on the Mail times website

intersting >
MALLEE club Ouyen United wants to join the Sunraysia Football Netball League (SFNL) next season – but may not merge with Walpeup-Underbool as proposed.

AFL Victoria Country yesterday released preliminary recommendations of its North West Structural Review, commissioned as a result of ongoing uncertainty around the viability of clubs in the region’s current league structures.

Its immediate recommendations, for 2016, focus on the Mallee Football League (MFL) and endorse winding up the competition at the end of this season.

Among its proposals for the five MFL clubs is for Ouyen United to merge with Walpeup Underbool and compete in Sunraysia next year.

Ouyen United president Jarrod Munro said the review recommendations were not surprising and supported the club’s goal to be playing in Sunraysia next season.

But he said there had not been discussions between the club and WalpeupUnderbool about the merger proposal.

Do you believe that clubs like ouyen united and walpeup underbool will combine and join possibly the sunraysia league

Do you believe that clubs like ouyen united and walpeup underbool will combine and join possibly the sunraysia league
nope they will no doubt go alone and least see if they are competitive if not then merge mergers can be broken has happend

"Sea Lake-Nandaly-Berriwillock-Culgoa-Woomelang-Lascelles Football Club" - gonna need a bloody big scoreboard to fit all that on

"Sea Lake-Nandaly-Berriwillock-Culgoa-Woomelang-Lascelles Football Club" - gonna need a bloody big scoreboard to fit all that on
call it on the scoreboard Sealake Woomelang Berriwillock dropping off nandaly Lascelles those 2 dont need to be usesed other clubs dropped of names that are long gone have SLWB on the scoreboard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the radio this morning the Tigers are happy to go alone into the North Central league at the moment.
exactly try it for a year and if it works and if it dosnt work then merge defently if it was central Murray doubt they be strong enough i think Woomelang lascelles should also go it alone in North Central not as bigger travel least no 300km to hay if they went golden rivers

I think woomelang will ignore the recomondation like Sea Lake and go to North Central
I wonder What is the objective of the AFL Vic nee VCFL review in to various country football leagues. In my opinion and observations it would appear that Major Leagues take precedence over District leagues. But at what cost.
A couple of years ago the VCFL wound up the Benalla DFL, result only three clubs survive and one club is really doing it tough in a higher standard league
What is the objective ? I could be wrong, but in areas where there are strong population changes football clubs will struggle to continually find sufficient players
Football clubs are for small communities are a HUB a sense of being.
So the question I ask Do we need to operate with Reserve competition. There are a couple of leagues in Tasmania that operate that way No Reserve Grade and in-fact they generally play two games on one ground , so there is a decent gate and canteen does a good trade all be it the frequency of home games is reduced I understand that Omeo District football league do something similar but they have juniors as well.
Combine that with Netball Who Knows Still maintain a healty rivally ?
Yes there are some disadvantages ie "career" pathways for up and coming stars Normally they would be snapped up by Major club anyway.
A single grade Competition? Well it will allow clubs breathing space and allow communities to continue to foster the game Reduce travel distances. But I suspose there are alternatives that may be better?
If this idea were to be adopted you could even increase the size of the bench

I wonder What is the objective of the AFL Vic nee VCFL review in to various country football leagues. In my opinion and observations it would appear that Major Leagues take precedence over District leagues. But at what cost.
A couple of years ago the VCFL wound up the Benalla DFL, result only three clubs survive and one club is really doing it tough in a higher standard league
What is the objective ? I could be wrong, but in areas where there are strong population changes football clubs will struggle to continually find sufficient players
Football clubs are for small communities are a HUB a sense of being.
So the question I ask Do we need to operate with Reserve competition. There are a couple of leagues in Tasmania that operate that way No Reserve Grade and in-fact they generally play two games on one ground , so there is a decent gate and canteen does a good trade all be it the frequency of home games is reduced I understand that Omeo District football league do something similar but they have juniors as well.
Combine that with Netball Who Knows Still maintain a healty rivally ?
Yes there are some disadvantages ie "career" pathways for up and coming stars Normally they would be snapped up by Major club anyway.
A single grade Competition? Well it will allow clubs breathing space and allow communities to continue to foster the game Reduce travel distances. But I suspose there are alternatives that may be better?
If this idea were to be adopted you could even increase the size of the bench

same as Omeo & District only Have Seniors and under 16s Millewa FL only Play Seniors

My thoughts
Ouyen United to join the Sunraysia FL

• Southern Mallee Giants (Hopetoun-Beulah) ,Sea Lake Nandaly Tigers & Woomelang Lascelles to merge and join north Central League make a ten club competition. Hopetoun - St Arnaud = 150 km = Sea Lake - St Arnaud
  • Ouyen United to join the Sunraysia FL
  • Walpeup Underbool to join the Mallee FL of South Australia. Walpeup to Karoonda 217 km

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back