2012 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok I will get this going for 2012 with less than a month to go before it starts.

1. KN
2. Panmure
3. Dennington
4. Allansford
5. Collegians

You don't think Merrivale will be up and about this year?
Tossed up between Collegians and Merrivale for 5th spot heads was collegians.

Heard thier was a bit of a scuffle on the Panmure bus after the practise match at Koroit, 2 players had to be seperated, I won't devulge thier names but I will say 1 was supporting a cast on his arm and used it to its full effect.

kolora noorat, u might as well give them the flag now, panmure wont finish top 2....certainly wont win the flag.....collegians finish out of the 5....allansford wont finsh top 5.....but make your own decisions

anyone heard how any practice matches have gone on around the district in the pre-season, any new names yet to be heard of? how are the recruits at clubs going?

Only a couple of weeks to go now before the real action starts.

Round 1
Deakin to beat East (very easy pick haha)
Collegians at home by less than a goal over Merrivale
Allansford should be to strong for Nirranda
Panmure should flogg Dennington
Kolora to break some kind of recourd in thier win against Creek
and Timoon in a close one over Rovers

Geez collegians side is alot different to last years grand final team, I reckon 8 or 9 changes no Crawford, Gleesons or McCartneys. Merrivale is missing 4 or 5 but the big one is McLean, I heard he had a knee scrape during the off season, I wonder if this is the problem? hmmmm

My Tips for Round 1

Merrivale to beat Collegians by 4 goals
Allansford over Nirranda - by 3 goals
Panmure only just over Dennington
Kolora to pull Creek's pants down
Rovers by 2 goals over timboon.

Collegians will be the Dennington of last year, grand final year before then lose everyone and slip outside the 5.

Everybody has gone very quiet in here, Dennington, Collegians, Rovers and Creek supporters have shut up shop early - come on give us something.:thumbsdown:

I agree Tiger Web - This thread and officially this forum is now dead. No one keen to regularly talk about local football.

Disappointing but it seems that as Rovers and Collegians are now bottom dwellers. No one wants to talk!

Such an even year this year which is great for the supporters though.

Any gossip from around the clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went and seen a couple of games this week, Merrivale out classed Allensford. The tigers are starting to put a few big scalps together, playing for Jack. Todd is doing a great job as a player coach for such a young man. Allensford are a bunch of honest battlers who seem to play for each other and will shape the 5.

The other game I went and watched was South Rovers V Troy Richardson, the only Warrior to stand up and be counted. Big Richo kicked the entire OC score til 3/4 time. I would hate to be at Davo traing this week as I rekon sarge will slaughter them.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this John Dunstone Panmure have signed from the Northern Territory, I presume he is mates with Dave O'Sullivan, they have also put in a clearance for Hayden Harridane from russell's Creek, doubt he will get a game though. Who does everyone think will miss out on top 3, probably be either Kolora or Merrivale.

Let's kickstart this again guys
Who's the premiership favourite
And who's the favorite for the easm

I'd say we'll know the favourite for the flag after this weekends Allansford v Merrivale clash. Although it seems like it could be a tight top four - five with the two mentioned plus Dennington, Collegians and South / Nirranda.

Not sure who the early Esam fancy would be...

Merrivale favourites now I'd say running real hot I don't think anyone can match there forward line?. Early easm favourite would be a hard one can't go past Al Porter at the minute what's your thoughts ?

Somebody, anybody just post something. A great league like this should have a good bigfooty forum

Who has picked up who around the league. Murphy to dennington, power to lose a couple, allansford have a lost a few but I've heard that Fedley may actually be staying, sandow gone from merrivale. Haven't heard much from nirranda or rovers. Apart from dennington it will be pretty even year I would say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back