Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie4PM

All Australian
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Video:

Yeo Incident: I don't think you can claim it wasn't a genuine attempt to spoil as it was deemed to be in the contest by the umpires on the ground and that is how it looked to me. It is graded medium because the player gets a blood nose and has to be taken from the field. Careless I think it fair for this incident. However there are so many of these sort of incidents in a season of footy I don't think even needs to be looked at. Getting back to my point, it was a very soft hit and yes it caused the nose to bleed, but a tiny tap can cause a nose to bleed (look at Joel Selwood). This was purely based off the "impact" on the player and not the actual impact in terms of force onto the player.

Franklin Incident: Also graded Careless and Medium. We'll start with the careless, this is completely wrong. He has decided not to go the football, intentionally left it and bumped the player trying to go for the footy. However my main anger is over this being graded the same on the "impact" scale as the Elliot Yeo incident. Franklin is a 100kg man running full pace and basically bowls the player over making clear contact to the head. However because the player that received the bump saw it coming and somewhat braced himself Franklin gets away with medium due to no injury. If this isn't high impact I have no idea what could possibly be graded as high impact, this is about as forceful as it gets.

I think its time for the MRP to start judging on intent and actual force of the incident. Not impact on the affected player.

I know the incidents are very different but how they can be graded the same way is a joke. Spread the video, get the AFL angry!

Last edited:
It would also be great to understand why Lewis' hit on Goldstein was upgraded to 'high impact' because of 'potential to cause injury' but Tippets wasn't. I'm not sooking, and I like to think of myself as reasonable (however I might not be as I have my Hawthorn rose coloured glasses on), but I genuinely can't understand it.

It would also be great to understand why Lewis' hit on Goldstein was upgraded to 'high impact' because of 'potential to cause injury' but Tippets wasn't. I'm not sooking, and I like to think of myself as reasonable (however I might not be as I have my Hawthorn rose coloured glasses on), but I genuinely can't understand it.
I would suggest because a round arm to the head would have more potential to cause injury than a glancing elbow.

Webster was subbed out due to concussion which is why Yeo was medium
That should be irrelevant! That is my point! It should be on intent and force not impact on the player. Accidents happen, its football.

If the afl are favouring buddy what what are they doing to firrito. Deliberately punched franklin in the back of the head and got a fine. Yet tippett was handed a week for a sloppy yet accidental high contact. Joke.

Nipper gordon chose to bump and not tackle and elbows jack in the head and has no case to answer for. Yeah the swans are being favoured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest because a round arm to the head would have more potential to cause injury than a glancing elbow.
Tiprat didn't just lift his arm... He swung the elbow!

So long as fair is fair you won't catch me complain too much. But I'd love to see how many people I could knock out with my forearm vs my elbow!!

Webster was subbed out due to concussion which is why Yeo was medium
As another poster has noted, the concussion sustained by the player was inflicted in a separate contest by another player. This is like blaming person C because person B gave concussion to person A.

I didn't include the tippet on because I thought what he got was probably fair. Maybe he could've got 3 down to 2 because it was pretty average by him. Yeos was graded higher than it should, Franklin lower, I just thought I'd put them together to show the inconsistency in the MRP

I'm definitely no fighter, but surely an elbow to the side of the head by a big man running at full pace is just as bad as Lewis running at fullpace and swinging his forearm into the front of someones head.
I don't know if Lewis' sanction was correct, or if Tippets was, but I'm still yet to workout why one was based on 'potential to cause injury' and the other wasn't.

That should be irrelevant! That is my point! It should be on intent and force not impact on the player. Accidents happen, its football.
Exactly.
And how does the unethical and unprofessional MRP know what the long term impacts are going to be.
Just because barreling into the head of a guy 25kg lighter at full pelt didn't result in an immediate serious injury, doesn't mean that there aren't long term implications for that player.
The AFL knows this as it has funded research and a discussion paper on the subject, but choses to ignore it so that it can give further corrupt advantages to it's favoured teams and players.

What needs highlighting in my book is this

Lewis (Haw) 3 weeks

Tiprat (SYD) 1 week
Similar incident, very different result

Yeo (WCE) 2 weeks

Franklin (SYD) 1 week

One got more than they deserved one got less... Wonder which team got the better end of the stick

Gibson (Haw) $1500 fine (little love tap)

Goodes (SYD) cleared (squirrel grip)

Wonder if we can find the common theme.

What needs highlighting in my book is this

Lewis (Haw) 3 weeks

Tiprat (SYD) 1 week
Similar incident, very different result

Yeo (WCE) 2 weeks

Franklin (SYD) 1 week

One got more than they deserved one got less... Wonder which team got the better end of the stick

Gibson (Haw) $1500 fine (little love tap)

Goodes (SYD) cleared (squirrel grip)

Wonder if we can find the common theme.
Common theme is you Hawrhorn flogs make every thread about yourselves.

Elbows to the head are now 1 week

We are going to see some king hits now

I staggered that Gibbs gets two weeks for his tackle and Tippett gets 1 week for thuggery

It's a very very sad day for our game today when it's descended into this rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back