Certified Legendary Thread 2015 AFL Power Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

Robys dead?

Lets pretend he did and died from lung cancer.

Bunk Moreland: 'We are gathered here today to remember our dearly beloved Roby, he brought so much joy and so many memories to all our lives. On this day I think we should all remember fondly how i told him ages ago that the smokes would kill him, its was pure stupidity on his part, you can't smoke 30 **** a day and think you're going to live beyond 70, see (points to Roby in open casket) i told you that wouldn't be able to keep it up, *snort/laugh* still smoking like a chimey with a 20% lung capacity, i told you, *shakes head* oh Roby, you should listened to me, i told you, i told you. May we all remember him for his mistakes that i told you all would be his downfall, now if anyone else wishes to say any words about how i was right i invite them to come forward'

Last edited:
Sad to see the death of the Power Rankings but I guess all good things must come to an end.

Thanks for all the lulz Roby and of course he hung up the boots with the Saints last on the Power Rankings and Gold Coast first, one last parting troll.
To be fair on Roby, if our games were umpired to his satisfaction we'd be stone motherless. Umpires have a lot to answer for. Vale Power Rankings

Lets pretend he did and died from lung cancer.

Bunk Moreland: 'We are gathered here today to remember our dearly beloved Roby, he brought so much joy and so many memories to all our lives. On this day I think we should all remember fondly how i told him ages ago that the smokes would kill him, its was pure stupidity on his part, you can't smoke 30 **** a day and think you're going to live beyond 70, see (points to Roby in open casket) i told you that wouldn't be able to keep it up, *snort/laugh* still smoking like a chimey with a 20% lung capacity, i told you, *shakes head* oh Roby, you should listened to me, i told you, i told you. May we all remember him for his mistakes that i told you all would be his downfall, now if anyone else wishes to say any words about how i was right i invite them to come forward'

:drunk:

I would be interested but there is a betting board which might be the better place for posting it.

Would you say that over fitting is also responsible for Gold Coast being at the top of the rankings?

Thx ... doesnt seem to be much interest. Will take a look at the betting board.
Can't really say much about Gold Coast except that models really need to look sensible. If a team like Gold Coast is listed #1 it just proves immediately he has no clue about what he is doing and you would be crazy to follow his advice. I hope nobody got sucked into this stuff.

If Roby's 'beans' are actual dollars, then him burning plenty with the bookies is not 'funny'.

If its actual dollars then its time to take a step back, Roby mate. For your financial and mental health.
http://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/

*edit* just read post that he retires... hopefully not just from posting here but the punt too.

We are hopeful that the screen shot that seemed to indicate 1 bean = 1 dollar was photoshopped.

Hi everyone,

I've been wondering if there's significant interest in getting a T-shirt (or other merchandise) campaign going in honour of the Power Rankings. I think that together, we could create a really nice souvenir or piece of memorabilia, to help us remember the years of laughs, joy and profits that the Rankings have given us.

At first I thought that it would be possible to give all proceeds from the merchandise sales back to Roby, as a thank you for the outstanding work he has done free of charge for our benefit over the past four years, which he could then deposit into a savings account and earn 12% interest on.

However, I figure that because of the recent news surrounding Brent Guerra, as well as Roby's own losses of tens of thousands of beans over the past few weeks, I think it would be more appropriate to instead donate all of the proceeds to fund responsible gambling programs, so as to help support a worthwhile cause.

As for the shirts themselves, well, they could display a witty and irreverent slogan about beans, or another popular Power Rankings topic, and strangers would see the shirt and exclaim "Wow! That guy was a fan of the Power Rankings! He must be awesome! I want to be his friend, and possibly more than friends!" At least that's how I imagine it, anyway.

Unlike some who come in here only to troll and discredit other posters, I am being serious, and would like to see this happen, so please let me know if you'd be interested and what types of Power Rankings merchandise you'd like to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A power ranking of Roby's greatest moments? Eg
  1. Gold Coast v Carlton implosion
  2. 3th (or was it 4rd?)
  3. Input error
  4. Melbourne to 4th
  5. Tipping Bulldogs upset over Sydney
And many more...

A picture of an empty suitcase
Underneath "Vale power rankings"

I'll miss you Roby and your brilliance. Many memories here, its hard to narrow down a favourite but I'll go with the pages in the 50s (I think) on this thread. There was around 3 or 4 pages where a Saints fan was complaining about umpiring bias, and Gold Coast were up to second on the ratings. Roby didn't even post but this is part of his subtle skill. When others do the trolling for you without even realising, you know you're dealing with a true master.

The Roby Review
Celebrating trollery since June 2014
----------------------------------------

For Your Information

Should:

1. Western Bulldogs finish Top 4, and
2. We have a Hawthorn v. West Coast Grand Final

The Power Rankings will only finish 654 beans down for the year.

Should Hawthorn Win that Grand Final,

The Power Rankings would deliver a profit in 2015

The Roby Review
Celebrating trollery since June 2014
----------------------------------------

For Your Information

Should:

1. Western Bulldogs finish Top 4, and
2. We have a Hawthorn v. West Coast Grand Final

The Power Rankings will only finish 654 beans down for the year.

Should Hawthorn Win that Grand Final,

The Power Rankings would deliver a profit in 2015
Go Doggies!!!!!! Do it for Roby!!!!!! DO IT FOR THE POWER RANKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Edit.......That means we'll lose another prelim in the process though :cry:

Go Doggies!!!!!! Do it for Roby!!!!!! DO IT FOR THE POWER RANKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Edit.......That means we'll lose another prelim in the process though :cry:
Top 4 ladder position? Straight sets perhaps?
Though Roby did have us doing the opposite in one of his last posts - winning an elimination and then a semi against Freo :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back