No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloane missed out by a year by not being a free agent.. I reckon if he was a FA he would have left.
Talia isn't a FA until the end of 2018.. so lets just see
What makes you think Sloane would have left - the fact he wants to be a 1 club player?

Your post is completely rubbish & flies in the face of both Sloane's words & actions.

Sloane missed out by a year by not being a free agent.. I reckon if he was a FA he would have left.
Talia isn't a FA until the end of 2018.. so lets just see
I know for a fact, a fact, that this is utter rot. Was never leaving, especially under the club's current leaders.

I liked what danger said after the game. I liked that he took off as soon as the plane landed to be at the SANFL game with Fagan and Walsh. I got a feeling that the media message from the Geelong side had a but of an unsure feel to it.

Like I said, it changes often :)

If this is the case, back to the initial question

Why hasn't he signed?

Any number of reasons. Quite possibly with all the players in the Cats sights they are delaying a little to see what they can actually pay him. Possibly he is in such poor form at the moment that his manager is holding off negotiations until he is closer to the top of his game.

Either way, Hawkins is going nowhere, guaranteed.

Where has Sloane ever indicated that he would leave? That's just pure guesswork to illustrate your point.

Agree.

I still remember him being asked in the media about being traded back in 2013 when there was a big hullabaloo about him going home to Victoria as a way for us to 'buy' our way back into the draft. He came out and said that it isn't going to happen because he was a contracted player and he wasn't interested in going anywhere else.

What could possibly possess you to write this?
definitely-half-empty-fish.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Riewoldt signs a 3 year extension ....a year and a half before his contract expires.

Would've been a hot RFA prospect at the end of next year.
Got caught up the emotion of a exciting win!

I guess our Brisbane win didn't cut it.

Hopefully this week :)

Honestly, we spank Geelong by 10 goals then even if he's 99% leaning that way he'd surely have a re-think? And vice versa I guess...

Most people are under the assumption Danger is going because of the poor track record of keeping wanted players by the club in recent years. That along with Dangers refusal to make a decision until the end of the season is what's feeding the hysteria. The media all had basically established Sloane was the next captain of St Kilda, remember that. Its because they have no belief or trust in the club to hold onto interstate talent. Danger may well still go to Geelong at seasons end but its not going to be because he hates the AFC and cant wait to leave like Hutchy tried to argue on the Sunday Footy Show. The club I believe is no longer the 'basket case' that had every interstate player running for the door so it might be nice if the media started showing some respect to the AFC, especially since Rory and Dougie recommitted. Sadly if Danger goes the media hysteria will continue and players like Cameron, Lever, The Crouch Brothers and Kelly will no doubt attract the same sad and sorry blow torch.

I liked what danger said after the game. I liked that he took off as soon as the plane landed to be at the SANFL game with Fagan and Walsh. I got a feeling that the media message from the Geelong side had a but of an unsure feel to it.

Like I said, it changes often :)

See this to me screams that he's staying. If he was going why would he bother being at the SANFL and I don't think he'd have the balls to sit there with Phil and Fages if he or the club thought he'd be leaving. There'd be a level of awkwardness and tension. If he was leaving and the club knew about it, then there's also be some tension there or at the very least, there's no way Danger would be going to the SANFL if it was said that he's going. It's all a bit weird. On one hand he hasn't signed and appears to be in no hurry to, on the other hand he's goin the extra mile and hanging out with Phil and Fages at SANFL games.

If I was danger and I planned on leaving the club in 3 months then there's no way I'd be hanging out with the coach and CO and going to watch SANFL games. Id put in on game day but I wouldn't do all that extra commitment stuff. It'd be shallow and awkward knowing I'm out the door.

Maybe Danger and the club are waiting for all offers to come in to establish Paddys market value and then the club will match whatever it is? Maybe that's the deal with Paddy and Connors? Keep him but pay market value, he's not signing for unders. Although I would've thought offers would be on the table by now?

See this to me screams that he's staying. If he was going why would he bother being at the SANFL and I don't think he'd have the balls to sit there with Phil and Fages if he or the club thought he'd be leaving. There'd be a level of awkwardness and tension. If he was leaving and the club knew about it, then there's also be some tension there or at the very least, there's no way Danger would be going to the SANFL if it was said that he's going. It's all a bit weird. On one hand he hasn't signed and appears to be in no hurry to, on the other hand he's goin the extra mile and hanging out with Phil and Fages at SANFL games.

If I was danger and I planned on leaving the club in 3 months then there's no way I'd be hanging out with the coach and CO and going to watch SANFL games. Id put in on game day but I wouldn't do all that extra commitment stuff. It'd be shallow and awkward knowing I'm out the door.

Maybe Danger and the club are waiting for all offers to come in to establish Paddys market value and then the club will match whatever it is? Maybe that's the deal with Paddy and Connors? Keep him but pay market value, he's not signing for unders. Although I would've thought offers would be on the table by now?
it's stuff like this that gives some us hope he's staying, it supports his undecided story. and this is the stuff that most journos wouldn't notice or pay much attention to

As I have posted more than a few times. It's clear Danger loves the club. It's obvious he has a lot of great mates - you only need to listen to his podcasts to hear the friendship with Lynch for eg. I get the feeling he also likes the Walsh overall thinking and plan.

Those things are in the plus column.

Are they enough to keep him? Who knows. Most people I think undervalue how important he holds such things - and thus assume he'll just go for the money or the home return.

I think he values them highly. I just don't know if they are enough to overcome the other side of the ledger (which may include the desires of people other than himself).​

ffs i was just massively trolled on fb, in the pride forumn. Someone posted that cornes article, but some how changed the headline to "danger signs with crows for 3 more years!". The post has now been deleted.

Yeah, because most of those people are * wits. They are just idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back