Player Watch #8: Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

You make us supremely proud to be Richmond supporters Jack and Alex.
Cotchy too when re-signing last year.
Our club has an unwavering bond.

Up the mighty Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Spot on

People talk about mateship etc but our group of core players all love playing with each other and want to achieve success together. Bodes really well for us.

I'm going to start a thread called 'dumb things opposition supporters say about Jack Riewoldt'.

Here's a beauty from the North board (I won't shame the poster by naming them):
Please do !!! I laugh when they call him selfish

"Give me Lachie Hansen over Riewoldt everyday of the week."

about twelve months ago, i was questioning his output, and where his head was at, he's shown he can play FF, kick goals, go up the ground, play selfless, but most importantly he has matured, both on and off field, he is buying into this, they all are, but its impressive from where he was at (train out of richmond media ban etc), he genuinely understands that he is playing a role for the greater good, the team.

the best FF and FB combo in the league have extended, within a week, I'm a happy tiger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are the sorts of players that make great Clubs - Congratulations Jack , You are a Richmond great

Extends 1 year before becoming a free agent and say's stuff you guys im a tiger for life

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-...-agency-mix-after-signing-threeyear-extension

Interested to see if front load or what not.

Did not think Jr was leaving just a question of how our cap is in terms of who we can target in 2016 or 2015.

JR might have front loaded so we are targeting more in 2016 for example:cool:

Did not think Jr was leaving just a question of how our cap is in terms of who we can target in 2016 or 2015.

I would say that it was never in doubt and jack was always going to sign and the club also very happy with Jack and is seen as a life long Richmond player.

I would say that the club needs to cement all players contracts and would have backended jacks to allow max availability to go after the player/players we are looking to get into the club at the end of the year.

This signing makes me believe that the chess pieces are being put in place to accomadate a 'Big Fish'

Common Down Patrick Dangerfield

Haha you love the trade ins and outs.

Just looking at the contract status thread...There are 18 players out of contract at the end of the year, none of whom I'd consider 'vital'.

6 I'd like to sign up (Grimes, Grigg, Hunt, Lennon, McDonough, Elton)
5 I'd think will be gone (Newman, Dea, Knights, Lloyd, Foley)
Petterd & Gordon I'd keep for depth assuming they'll take a 1 or two year min wage deal (or close to)....I'd consider Knights on a 1 year min wage deal as well depending on what he and the doctors think.
The other 5 (Arnott, Short, Castagna, Soldo, Lambert) I'm willing to accept the coaches call on how much upside they've got an how likely they are to achieve it.

So much good news coming out of Richmond at the minute! Keep it coming Tigers!

Not sure how I'll cope if we actually win a flag in my lifetime. I think I might literally blow up or self combust.

Great news. I bet Richos been in his ear with the added benefits of being a 1 club man. Player shows committment to the club, and the club shows committment to the player. That loyalty and trust might just help get his contract value down, with the club repaying in the future.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back