slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
On another note thats Richmond news but too excited to keep it in lol

Jack Riewoldt just extended his contract till the end of 2019 season, was already contracted till end of 2016 when he would of become a FA but wasnt interested.
No offence - but I dont think anyone here gives a s**t.

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Jack Riewoldt just extended his contract till the end of 2019 season, was already contracted till end of 2016 when he would of become a FA but wasnt interested.

You should be relieved.

Without Riewoldt, Richmond have no decent forward line.

Keen to see Yazz moved out of defense before we give up on him. Feels wasted to me down back
With DVR coming through and Buckley now offering as much drive and rebound out of defence, I would love to see Yarran moved onto the wing where he can link up with the talls and/or Buckley to run the ball out of defence.

Yes

We also need to remember that the impact of paying above what we believe is fair market value has an on-flow effect to other players expectations and the multiple effect results in not having Salary Cap space to attract other Elite Talent to the club.

Then why offer some not-so-elite-yet talent more money. True or false? :)

lachie charm

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Can you imagine the fall-out if we let Kreuzer go?

Hang onto Warnock.....Wood becomes the no.1 ruck.....and we reach out for a perennially injured Leuenberger........because he was a high pick

Compo would disappear in that case. We're not that stupid...........I hope.

Compo would disappear in that case. We're not that stupid...........I hope.

Didn't know Leuenberger was a F.A. Yeah................that would be a bit silly. Insert another ruckmans name

The uproar of ousting Kreuzer if he continues his form and fitness, would simply be too much to bear for the CFC.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Can you imagine the fall-out if we let Kreuzer go?

Hang onto Warnock.....Wood becomes the no.1 ruck.....and we reach out for a perennially injured Leuenberger........because he was a high pick
Im sure i read somewhere that Warnock was offered a reduced contract from carlton, Sounds like they are expecting an offer to come his way and will probably let him go if the compo is suitable.

wouldnt mind Kruezer at richmond

Im sure i read somewhere that Warnock was offered a reduced contract from carlton, Sounds like they are expecting an offer to come his way and will probably let him go if the compo is suitable.

I had time for Warnock...........but that time has run out.

Time to move on and not the time to be losing 2 ruck-men.

Well... would you take Warnock... we'd even throw in a couple of slabs of crownies, a couple of packets of crisps and some pork scratchings...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
I think that would be the best result carlton could extract from the Henderson trade - But looks like he's staying

Good stuff. He is really turning into a super player. Confidence in yourself and your team mates works wonders.

Ellas Ellas

All Australian
Jul 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Liked your post after reading the first paragraph. Unliked it when i read the second.

What do you mean Hendo hasn't come along with the group the last few weeks?? He's been solid and done his role. If you watch replays of the last few games Hendo is busting a gut to get on the lead and putting defensive pressure on...just because he hasn't been kicking huge bags of goals doesn't mean he hasn't been performing.

Is a very important cog in the forward line that shares the load amongst Hendo, Cas and Everitt. Its great we're getting multiple goals from our 3 tall targets consistently now, not just kicking to Hendo every time.

I just don't think he's lifted his intensity like the rest of the team. Seems to take half a game to get warmed up. Still drops marks that if he was a great forward he'd take. Has promised so much but at this point has delivered very little. And he's just as injury prone as Dixon. I say we cash in while we can and take a younger forward with more presence like Dixon.

blues240z

Debutant
Nov 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Would hate to see Henderson leave. i think hes played his best footy at CHB and thats were most of his time should be spent. Unfortunately we don't have the quality talls up forward. I think Yarran is our biggest trade asset which we could use. He is definitely A grade running off half back setting up plays but we need quality draft pick/players for the next few years.
If where talking hyptheticals i would be dealing with West Coast and GWS

1. Yarran for 1st rounder + Fraser Mcguiness
2. Yarran + player for 1st rounder + Cam Mccarthy (Preferred)
Fairness will obviously depend where the teams finish up for the season
Thoughts?

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Kreuzer and Cam Wood stay. Warnock to be moved on and we pick up a project ruckman now in this draft cas itll take 2-3 years for them to come on at which point Wood will be 31 and Kreuzer 29.

Gotta say, we have got our moneys worth out of Wood. We are 5th for clearances this year and he was our sole ruckman for probably 10 of 13 games. Hes has been a soldier out there and probably had his best game for us last week IMO. Now thats hes not carrying the mantle alone he is being more impactful and his fitness will be way up from when he was doing all the work so he seems to have more ability to run and be a target or help out in defense.

I say we cash in while we can and take a younger forward with more presence like Dixon.

Why are you bringing youth into the equation when there's 9 months between them?

Henderson is 25. He's not an older player over the hill and on the decline.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side...

We have to remember that it's not easy when you're having to project 4 years in advance.

Getting the mix right for 2019 starts now (started 6 months ago) and has to moulded incrementally and not in one big bash.

We'll back the guys who will take us there but not at the expense of any hero calls. I'm starting to feel as though it will work out favourably again.

Congrats and thanks Richmond. That's three more years nobody has to worry about a Richmond premiership. :thumbsu:

Some of you know my semi-connection to Warnock. Nobody needs to tell you that the writing was on the wall long before his poor form this year.

While it was nice to have that connection to the current playing list where I've been privvy to a little goss (nothing out of the ordinarily - nothing worth posting about anyways) the suitable compo the Blues will get in return is to not have such a significant sum of money invested into someone providing such little returns on investment and the open list spot. If another club is silly enough to trade anything of value (even a pick upgrade to us) it's highway robbery.

That's not to say Robbie's not a good bloke because from all reports he's a good guy but if you're 206 you need to have a presence on the park outside of the centre bounce and the ever occasional boundary throw in. Unfortunately, Robbie plays like many tall athletes - thrown into the prey because of their size and lacking the mentality to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back